Delete all board cookies

All times are UTC

New Topic Post Reply  [ 31 posts ]  Go to page
 Previous << 
1, 2, 3, 4
 >> Next 
Previous topic | Next topic 
PostPosted: Sun Jan 18, 2015 6:17 pm 

I just would like one frame at 1.0 to see where we are. I certainly don't believe the DM's are now "perfect".

Heck I would love to make big empty spaces in the bombers that bullets just go straight through but I am fairly alone in that opinion.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2015 2:27 pm 

Salute!

Right on Dawg about empty spaces.

Even the lites have empty spaces you don't think of that can be "sacrificed". To wit, our little A-37 routinely came home with holes thru the ailerons, elevators, stabilizer and even the wings, if fuek was low. My flight lead returned one day with a 12.7mm hole that had to be API - half inch on bottom and 6 inches coming out the top. Our fatal hits were 95% in the fuselage.

Gums sends...

P.S. Only problem I see this series was the "tuff" was not quantified for disco with damage. I went out with 3 or 4 pings and no visible damage, so poof goes any points or whatever it counts for.

"God in your guts, good men at your back, wings that stay on - and Tally Ho!"

PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2015 4:49 pm 

zinhwk wrote:
If you mean secondary damage that was done way back in the summer then yes.

That is what I am talking about.
Dawger's "adjustments/modifications" should not be used until we get some feedback on the "damage transfer" is fully vetted.
The damage transfer (parts destroyed no longer continue to absorb damage) is a big enough leap.
We keep trying to change too many things just before or during an S3.

So, Mr Dobs, as far as I know the "Damage Transfer change" is in effect (that is what I was talking about from the get-go).
Bombers were found to be too vulnerable in frames 1-2 so buff tuff was thrown into frame 3, found to be too high, lowered for frame 4 and we await results.

I'm not a big fan of using the S3s as a test bed but it's probably the only way to do it.
I'm not sure it's possible to use the same settings between the Main Arena and the S3s.
I lobbied for making everything the same between offline/S3s/Main arena for a number of years.
Much better way to practice at least offline and understand how much firepower you have and how much damage your opponent can take.
I thought it would help in preparing for an S3.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2015 5:07 pm 

Madcat wrote:
zinhwk wrote:
If you mean secondary damage that was done way back in the summer then yes.

That is what I am talking about.
Dawger's "adjustments/modifications" should not be used until we get some feedback on the "damage transfer" is fully vetted.
The damage transfer (parts destroyed no longer continue to absorb damage) is a big enough leap.
We keep trying to change too many things just before or during an S3.

So, Mr Dobs, as far as I know the "Damage Transfer change" is in effect (that is what I was talking about from the get-go).
Bombers were found to be too vulnerable in frames 1-2 so buff tuff was thrown into frame 3, found to be too high, lowered for frame 4 and we await results.

I'm not a big fan of using the S3s as a test bed but it's probably the only way to do it.
I'm not sure it's possible to use the same settings between the Main Arena and the S3s.
I lobbied for making everything the same between offline/S3s/Main arena for a number of years.
Much better way to practice at least offline and understand how much firepower you have and how much damage your opponent can take.
I thought it would help in preparing for an S3.

Follow on damage parts was corrected way before this past summer unless I am totally mistaken. Sleepy did that a long while back. We did adjust SOME hitmaps this summer to better account for this but none involved in this series.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2015 5:46 pm 

The secondary damage model was done a long time ago, in effect in the S3 a long time, and vetted at BT 1.0 in the MA for a long time with almost no complaints on hardness. IIRC frames 1 and 2 buffs went down more from ease of attack more so than easy blowup. Saw plenty of leaky ones that relentless attacks eventually took down. They made it to target too.

If you read the rest of my post, the DM jabo thought we's was testing is dawgers improvements. They were down well before the series but the update was held up. After writing off the nonexistant DM update BT 2.0 was placed ON TOP OF the true DM update. Hence really strong buffs now. Evidence in standalone improvements are seen in the AI which are still set at 1.0. They are not low hanging fruit as much anymore, other than wonky reactions to the mbls for whatever reasons.

<S>
Zinhwk

HADES Flight
475th FG (v)
zinhwk@fly-jg77.com

Windows 10.1
AMD A10 6800K Black Edition (OC 4.2Ghz)
16 GB DDR3
GeForce GTX 770Ti
1TB SATA Western Digital "Blue" HDD
24" LG LED 1080p
CH Controls

PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2015 5:48 pm 

Addendum: these apparent ease of kills in early frames may contribute to the secondary damage set not seeing mass attacks on S3 scale before, and at 1.0.

<S>
Zinhwk

HADES Flight
475th FG (v)
zinhwk@fly-jg77.com

Windows 10.1
AMD A10 6800K Black Edition (OC 4.2Ghz)
16 GB DDR3
GeForce GTX 770Ti
1TB SATA Western Digital "Blue" HDD
24" LG LED 1080p
CH Controls

PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2015 5:56 pm 

zinhwk wrote:
The secondary damage model was done a long time ago, in effect in the S3 a long time, and vetted at BT 1.0 in the MA for a long time with almost no complaints on hardness. IIRC frames 1 and 2 buffs went down more from ease of attack more so than easy blowup. Saw plenty of leaky ones that relentless attacks eventually took down. They made it to target too.

If you read the rest of my post, the DM jabo thought we's was testing is dawgers improvements. They were down well before the series but the update was held up. After writing off the nonexistant DM update BT 2.0 was placed ON TOP OF the true DM update. Hence really strong buffs now. Evidence in standalone improvements are seen in the AI which are still set at 1.0. They are not low hanging fruit as much anymore, other than wonky reactions to the mbps for whatever reasons.

Fairly certain that this is the first deep raid into Germany buff series since the "damage transfer fix" was applied.
So, my thinking was that it has only been tested in the Main arena. i.e. only with suicide bombers for the most part.
Again, how well it works in a true long distance set up, so far I'm going to say not so good.
Throwing in a lot of changes just before an S3 good or bad idea?
Shrug, I'm not complaining about anything, just observations.
I've given up on the this Season of S3s being about competition and think of it more of a test bed for all the changes.
I think what we need is a complete list (a concise post) of all the changes written up in an understandable way so we can all be on the same page as to what we are looking for.
This thread shows tat many of us are not on the same page.
More work for the guys who are carrying the load....

PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2015 6:06 pm 

Madcat wrote:
zinhwk wrote:

If you read the rest of my post, the DM jabo thought we's was testing is dawgers improvements. They were down well before the series but the update was held up. After writing off the nonexistant DM update BT 2.0 was placed ON TOP OF the true DM update. Hence really strong buffs now. Evidence in standalone improvements are seen in the AI which are still set at 1.0. They are not low hanging fruit as much anymore, other than wonky reactions to the mbps for whatever reasons.

Fairly certain that this is the first deep raid into Germany buff series since the "damage transfer fix" was applied.
So, my thinking was that it has only been tested in the Main arena. i.e. only with suicide bombers for the most part.
Again, how well it works in a true long distance set up, so far I'm going to say not so good.
Throwing in a lot of changes just before an S3 good or bad idea?
Shrug, I'm not complaining about anything, just observations.
I've given up on the this Season of S3s being about competition and think of it more of a test bed for all the changes.
I think what we need is a complete list (a concise post) of all the changes written up in an understandable way so we can all be on the same page as to what we are looking for.
This thread shows tat many of us are not on the same page.
More work for the guys who are carrying the load....

S3 drives a lot of this change and has a very long season. Not issuing changes during S3 season would hamper development. And it certainly mirrors reality. The battlefield was never stagnant. Aircraft were constantly improved with field modifications being done to retrofit aircraft. My only real complaint is changing settings mid series that have such a dramatic effect. Bomber_hardness_mult is very powerful in its effects.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2015 6:10 pm 

What I take away from this is that Dawger wants an easy kill on the buffs. If so, you will find more people not wanting to fly them. Last night I think we lost 50% which isn't bad for us. So I think Jabo found a happy medium. The buffers felt they had a chance to get there after flying 90 min and the fighter jocks got some kills but had to work a little getting them.

Capt Hawk
CO - The Knights Who Say Ni!

PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2015 6:36 pm 

The recent changes are small in comparison to what was done months ago. More or less setup for MA play, not to easy, andnot to hard because of NOE abuse in the MA. Primarily setup for MA play but I expected , and had in mind a possible upping of buff tuff for s3's but more on the order of 1.2 or 3, or even 4. I felt in my heart that 2 was to much and not so surprised that 1 seemed a bit soft for s3 play but it needed tried out ona 4 eng buff specific frame to be sure. As far as opinions go, I think it shows for s3 play that 1 is indeed to soft, but 2 is to hard.

Search for:
New Topic Post Reply  [ 31 posts ]  Go to page
 Previous << 
1, 2, 3, 4
 >> Next