All times are UTC

New Topic Post Reply  [ 42 posts ]  Go to page
 Previous << 
1, 2, 3, 4, 5
 >> Next 
Previous topic | Next topic 
 Post subject: Re: BBD-Frame 1 Vids
PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2014 12:58 am 

say, how does everyone make the videos?????

I have some acam files but dont know what to do with them.

<S!>
MuskyZ
Newest member of the 4th

No bastard ever won a war by dying for his country. He won it by making the other poor dumb bastard die for his country.
George S. Patton

PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2014 2:05 am 

dewolf wrote:

I'd like to know which theme music you used. It's not "Victory At Sea", its not "Universal Pictures", it's not "The Big Picture", it's not "Movietone News". Seems to me I used to hear that music one of the shows from the 50's that ran on Saturday mornings. For some, this is WAY before cable or satellite service, so it may be "new" stuff for them.

Sorry for not posting credits at the end of my "JG475th Into The Stream" video! Was rushing trying to get both videos edited after the frame and somehow failed to include any credits on the 1st video.

The soundtrack is "March of the Spartans" performed by "The City of Prague Philharmonic Orchestra & Chorus".

Hate that I didn't include credits on the video. So sorry.

On the other hand... I've often wondered if the majority of folks consider the music to be an annoyance to their viewing pleasure. The fact that you took the time to inquire about the music leads me to think that you at least approve, (if not enjoy) the music. I hope that the music adds to, rather than takes away from the videos. -S's

PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2014 2:16 am 

I know how but now my crappy system is bogging down and ACMCAM jerks when I run Action and AVS video editor.

Capt Hawk
CO - The Knights Who Say Ni!

PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2014 2:30 am 

MuskieZZ wrote:
say, how does everyone make the videos?????

I have some acam files but dont know what to do with them.

Muskie - Several of us (myself included) use a piece of software called "Action" which can be downloaded at mirillis.com

The price was $29.95.

You configure and run "Action". In the configuration, you can assign a hot key to use to turn the recording on/off. You can also select the frame rate for the screen capture (30fps is plenty). There are several nice configuration settings available with the software. All, or only some may be applicable to your machine. =dobs= records straight to a .MP4 format at 1080p at 30 fps because he can utilize both an integrated video chip as well as his "add in" video card. My computer doesn't have an integrated video and I get my best results by capturing in a .AVI format at 1080p 30 fps. After capturing, I then export the .AVI movie to a .MP4 format using "Action". From there, I take my .MP4 movie and edit it with "Movie Maker" which is a free video editing software available for Windows. With Movie maker, I can cut/splice video, add captions, titles, credits, and music. The best thing about "Action" is that it does a super nice job, yet it does not cause a significant hit to the hardware performance while it records.

Prior to using "Action", I used "Fraps". Fraps works in a similar way, but the performance hit to the computer is significant. With Action, I cannot detect any performance hit.

To my knowledge, there is no way to take your .acm recordings and compile them with an editor. You could use a program like "Action" or "Fraps", then run warbirds and fire up the ACM player, then use that as the basis of your video. Unfortunately, the acm recording is rather choppy and not nearly as nice quality as what you would capture with Action or Fraps.

I highly recommend "Action" to anyone who is interested in capturing their game play for video productions. It's pretty inexpensive, has nice features, and best of all it doesn't cause a significant hit to hardware performance while it is recording. Don't even use the ACMCAM. Use action instead!

Sorry for being so long in my response.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2014 3:02 am 

<S> dazed and thanks for the info. I used "Fraps" before but had to stop after buying a larger monitor, as my old PC couldn't handle the frame hit and the video got all stuttery. I'll get "Action" after X-mas, will be cool if it works :).

PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2014 3:26 am 

Here is our approach into the area that zinhwk mentioned that he and dolch were ahead of us.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K45i57UKyXs[/youtube]

In this next one is where you will see my gunnery sucks but in the end zinhwk ended up finishing off juice for me. Thanks zin I am not sure if it was more than the 352nd in this group. LF6 lost a few but we took our share with us. I got a safe ditch, and was done for the night.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LaCTZCa2Pgc[/youtube]

<S>

Doc
@doctrdart

PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2014 4:10 am 

So on the topic of Video making...if you are running an intel chip with imbedded HD graphics on it, you can actually configure THAT to do the recording while your vid card (s) do the processing for game play.

Something to consider is you are better off spending more $$ on a newer processor then a video card for this game as the game is only single threaded vs hyper threaded. What does this mean? It means it only uses 1 core of a 4 core processor... Video card is probably in idle mode most of the time with these high power beasts most of us run..

I'll be glad to help anyone set up the ACTION! program so I can get different video's up on the Facebook page:)

Cheers!
Dobs

PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2014 4:26 am 

whew! intense!! Thx for sharing the vids.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2014 11:49 pm 

Drdart, cool vids. That was 8 of the 352nd you guys were fighting. The rest were elsewhere. Of the 8, only chicdg and fencer made it back to base.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2014 3:11 am 

jlordj wrote:
Drdart, cool vids. That was 8 of the 352nd you guys were fighting. The rest were elsewhere. Of the 8, only chicdg and fencer made it back to base.

It was a helluva fight. Very intense.

<S>

Oberst Briar

JG51 XO

Search for:
New Topic Post Reply  [ 42 posts ]  Go to page
 Previous << 
1, 2, 3, 4, 5
 >> Next