Register
Login 
View unanswered posts View active topics  

Delete all board cookies

All times are UTC

New Topic Post Reply  [ 10 posts ] 
Previous topic | Next topic 
PostPosted: Sat Nov 23, 2013 12:27 am 

Jabo, have tested trucks at two locations with same results.

1) They are not called trucks.. Are called ( carrier ) with a (CB ) identifier.

I think hardness must have been set as if it was a Carrier (I. E. USS ENTERPRISE )

2) The S3 chart and your statement earlier says they should have hardness of ( 200 ). This seems to be about right for a truck.

Testing against these vehicles has revealed that hardness is beyond ( 10,000 pts. ) In each case it takes ( 10 ) sorties for LA5 dropping 2 100 kg bombs in salvo to destroy one. Is ( 10,320 hit factor points. )

Could someone look into this and fix.

Fields tested were 141 at 7,1 8 and field 122 at 7, 5 grid.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 23, 2013 4:09 pm 
Site Admin

I will double-check the various upload files on the server. With the new terrain update it may have reset to the MA files.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 23, 2013 4:21 pm 
Site Admin

Uploaded the S3 files and reloaded the arena so they should be ther right ones now.
Will check later today. IL2s were taking down bridges and docks in frame one so there should be no difference in frame 2.

Bomber and strike squads need to mix it up between single-engine and twin engine attack a/c to get their missions done during a series.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 23, 2013 4:50 pm 

Thanks JABO, will go in there and recheck attack on trucks again to see if fixed.

On the bridges there seems to be three kinds of bridges.
B1: as noted in S3 ord chart with 15,000 defence points. I havents seen any of these yet. 15,000 defence points would be a bear to kill.
RK: These are not noted on the charts. They are real hard to kill. I have killed one and it takes aprox 12,000 attack points to kill one. These are rare. See field 162 for an example.
DM: This is the most numerous bridge. its light weight and most tactical planes can destroy one with a couple bombs. The P39Q can kill a span with four 37mm rounds. See field 141 for an example.

The only suggestion on bridges is to comment the RK and DM should be added to the Table 1 - S3 OT Class Damage chart at some point.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 23, 2013 5:11 pm 

Went back in there and attacked it with LA5's. Still broke.

Hardness of (CARRIER) "truck" has not changed. It still takes 10,320 points of bombs or 10 sorties to kill the 200 defence point vehicle.

Sorry.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 24, 2013 4:11 pm 

Well, Ive just been retired too long. Got up this morning at 5 AM as usual to the freezing house. Down stairs I go in my bare feet and feed and let dog out. Yep the frost is out thick this morning. Going to be glorious sunrise in a few hours. Pour my usual cup of coffee and throw it into the micro wave, and put last nights dishes in the cuboard while waiting for the brew to heat. Grab a baggle since its easy and sit down to break fast. Now what to do with this fine day. Oh I know. " Lets check on those pesky CARRIER (TRUCK) vehicles in the S3 arena today."

:shock: Hehe .. yep... of all the important things I could be thinking about this day. Its verification of damage factor on a GV in WB.. :o Wake up wife. Just shoot me quick before I get away.

Well yesterday I tryed actualy flying in the S3 and was wonderfuly delighted to find I could log in and fly in there. So I went to red and bombed that pesky CARRIER (TRUCK) at field 141 again.
Same result: NO KILL. But in S3 I had to keep comming back and each sortie was an affair so I never did 10 sorties to see if it would go down. Lost a couple planes doing this (hope it doesnt go on my S3 permenant record) Also shows I flew a bomber so now Ill probably have a bunch of those guys trying to beat me up for flying thier sacred ride. Any way NO KILL, that little bugger just sat there in the hole and laughed at me.

What my mind was on this morning was the idea maybe the arena got reset over night to a new value. So in and up I went in the S3 arena and was pleasantly surprised I could still take off. Took a B25 with a "2000" lb bomb. For you sports fans that 3750 Attack points to kill that pesky 200 defence point CARRIER (TRUCK). Did my run but had trouble seeing the target because (.gamma ) is disconnected in here now. "Thats a constant problem for me and realy makes it hard for me to enjoy and participate in the sim to the fullest", but thats a different subject. The fact is having attacked this targets so much I had an last minute reflex, glimmer of hope, intuative instinctual reaction and pickled bomb on the ghost location I know the truck had to be. The 40 mm banging away at me but I had altitude and watched as my bomb destroyed half of the target area. Watching for the continued smoke indicating a target destroyed and the glimmer of flame that confirmes it, I WAS DISSAPPOINTED. :x
Well I observed the bridge had been hit on my way in. Someone else is crazier than me and gets up even earlier. So I put her on her on the wing tip knife edge and down I go with that 40mm ever banging away at me. Went over the target at weed level banking over to see my targets status. Going too fast , no "gamma" and BIG hole. I couldnt see the truck :roll: . So bank out in a high speed chandell for another pass.. 40mm still banging away dark splotches filling the sky out beyond me. (Any one else notice how pig headed I can be?). In I go again. This time I see the truck in the bottom of the dark hole (Dang I wish I had .gamma). Unable to see trucks status ( im now thinking maybe the other nut in here may have hit that too.). Chandell again. evasives , (that 40mm getting close) then back down with throttle cut for less speed across target for visibility (did I mention, I wish .gamma was still available) And thinking how stupid I am slowing to come across target with 40mm getting my range. So there it is the HUGE hole / The CARRIER(TRUCK) sitting in the bottom. Still cant tell its status. !! BANG!!! radio board says my nose gunner is dead. Throttle forward, stick forward and left. hard right rudder and the evasives begin in ernest. Now Im getting bracketed but after while (too long a while) I break free and fly home.

Well I land. Change sides. Get aerial view. Zero in on my target (hole is now gone) and verify....both trucks had already been destroyed. That makes me an addicted WB :ugeek:
So begins my sunday.
Cheers
BLUEZOO.. 10 TAC FIGHTER SQUADRON, 50 FIGHTER GROUP. USAF , RETIRED.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 25, 2013 12:22 am 
Site Admin

Now thats the type of tester we need. Keeps us honest.
Let me know if you want to help test out terrains and issues Blu.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 25, 2013 5:10 pm 

Think the problem is fixed based on last nights attack on field 141. Maybe we can get some of the participants to comment on their attack results on the CARRIER/ TRUCK targets last night. They would be the two closest to the bridge.

When I went through the area only a WM Weapon (tank) was up for me to kill.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 26, 2013 4:39 am 

Dang... now Im having the same issues with them.. checking further.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 27, 2013 5:57 pm 

Closing out this post as done..

In the S3 arena I have conclusively (baring future changes ) have demonstrated to myself that the "carrier / truck" strength is no longer above 10,000 defence points.

I dropped a 2000lb bomb on one of these vehicles and it took out not only this one but one many yards away as well as the WM vehicles around them.

I believe this is no longer and issue.

Search for:
New Topic Post Reply  [ 10 posts ]