Register
Login 
View unanswered posts View active topics  

Delete all board cookies

All times are UTC

New Topic Post Reply  [ 7 posts ] 
Previous topic | Next topic 
PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2014 11:15 pm 

Trigr=, Timos, Kapsyl, Rock, Gflyer, Phenix and Crommm took off from F45 in heavy A6M3s at T + 0 with 77 and TK and grabbed out northeast to hit F33. We took down a good chunk of the ack, Crommm got disco'd at T + 30 and we rtb'd to F40 to rearm at T + 45 because F45 was under attack.

Trigr=, Timos, Kapsyl, Rock, Gflyer, Phenix and Crommm took off from F40 in heavy A6M3s at T + 46 with 77 and TK and grabbed out northeast to hit F33 again. We finished the acks, sunk a couple of ships, started on the other ground targets and rtb'd to F40 rearm at T + 85.

Trigr=, Timos, Kapsyl, Rock, Gflyer, Phenix and Crommm took off from F40 in heavy A6M3s at T + 88 with 77 and grabbed out northeast to hit F33 again. Skinez from The Knights fighters joined us in flight since his squad had stood down, our intentions to attack F33 had become apparent to the enemy and he shot down a 4th man who was guarding F33 in an F4F4. We lost Kapsyl and Timos to a peculiar floating ack emplacement. Where an enemy ship had been sunk there was an ack sitting in the middle of the smoke firing at us. We rtb'd to F40 rearm at T + 135.

Trigr=, Rock, Gflyer, Phenix and Crommm took off from F40 in heavy A6M3s at T + 135 with 77 and grabbed out northeast to hit F33 again. We took off as singles because time was short and we couldn't afford to wait to reform for take off. Gflyer was out in front and he shot down Yobtee from 352nd who was flying an F4F4 at 14,000 feet guarding the southern approach route to F33. We closed F33 by sinking the remaining ships and strafing down the little huts on stilts right before the rest of the 352nd dove in on us. We lost Trigr= and our remaining pilots rtb'd to CV62 at T + 174 and stood down.

Results: F33 closed. Moderate losses to our Zeros.

Kills: 1 (Gflyer.)

Losses: 2 (Kapsyl and Timos.)

Thanks to Swede, the IJN CO and Jabo and Roan, the S3 guys, for a fun frame.

Comments: The guns on the A6M3 are better but so are the 50 cals on the F4F4s. I got shot down by an F4F4 that was out of icon range, so more than D7 away. I heard similar complaints from other pilots. The current changes are enough of an improvement so that the matchup is reasonable and I wouldn's want to see us pork it with any kind of radical change but perhaps a little more bullet dispersion on the wing mounted 50s would help. The Zero is lightly armored and highly vulnerable to enemy fire so having lazzors on the F4F4s that are good past D7 is likely to get old pretty fast.

I don't know what could be done about the "floating ack" but it presents a real challenge for the Zeros. Generally the trick for strafing down ships is to hit them from low 6 so that the superstructure and stacks shield you from some of the fire from the ack that is mounted on the bow. So you take the rear ship and then the next one and so forth. The problem that the floating ack presents is that you either have to fly right over it to hit the next ship in line from behind or you have to attack from another angle and take fire from at least two acks, the one on the bow of the ship that you are attacking and the floating ack behind it. The Zeros don't stand up to ack fire very well so if you take a ping you are done.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2014 11:58 pm 

<S> Trigr

127 Wing ran into that same problem last week with static shipping and DDs, it has been suggested that the gun(s) on static DDs when sunk don't sink but stay in place. You cannot strafe them down either as we tried with the predictable results, must be a bug in the system, and it would be nice to know if the allies were having the same problem, but not sure if we have static shipping on the Japanese side this series.
Have always known that you squad was a formidable opponent, but your dogged determination this frame was above and beyond. Your closing of 33 just may keep us in this series points wise.

<S> 100th, TK's and JG 77

Swede- 127 Wing, 416 Sentai

PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2014 12:12 am 

Glad you thought the 20 mm were doing better. The 50 cals are not better than they were, but very very close to where they were. Bullitt dispersion has been the same in all arenas for along time as that is not as programmable as other weapons settings. It requires an update and anything that might be done to dispersion would effect every arena in WB. Its not an arena specific setting.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2014 12:26 am 

A BIG <S> to TK and JG77 for doing a excellent job while flying with us. TK for their awesome jabo work at 33 and JG77 for covering us while landing and taking out 2 352nd pilots who surely would have picked some of us off down low.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2014 12:42 pm 

I believe I fell victim to what is known as killshooter. argggg! My fault for not being more clear about dropping the egg. Still, what are the chances with a 60 kg bomb hehehe. Oh well. Id like to add on with Rock that it was excellent having 77 and TK with us; great communicators and formidable pilots as well.

dstar- in game
100th FBG the "HAZE"
CH Controls

PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2014 3:26 am 

I thought kill shooter was off for S3's. I was shot down by a friendly once. Maybe someone dropped high and you actually got hit by a bomb?

salute to skinez who joined us and saved me by calling my 6 and then shooting the attacker down.

phenix
Stats Custodian
S6c

PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2014 12:29 pm 

Killshooter is normally off yes. Since the MA settings were imported killshooter was actually on by mistake though. Jabo said he was gonna make sure ots off next frame.

dstar- in game
100th FBG the "HAZE"
CH Controls

Search for:
New Topic Post Reply  [ 7 posts ]