Register
Login 
View unanswered posts View active topics  

Delete all board cookies

All times are UTC

New Topic Post Reply  [ 8 posts ] 
Previous topic | Next topic 
PostPosted: Mon Jan 06, 2014 6:57 pm 

This frame our assignment was to hunt ships in the north. We rolled from 107 with 4 Mosquito VI's. We arrived in the area and began a search with mixed results. Two of the areas we could not find any ships while we did in two others......as in this pic:

While searching the far NE for the remaining elusive ships I discoed. :evil: This was right about the time we saw 75 close. Farout continued to search for ships while coolon and houndg went JU-52 hunting. Both groups were having no luck and fuel was getting low so we recalled them.....then we saw the buffer that 71 had been hit and needed the radar station destroyed. Farout was much further west than coolon and houndg and had a much easier route to 71. Not knowing how much damage the station had received, if any, we thought it best to also direct coolon and houndg to the area. They had a very tough route there having to pass through both Hamburg and Bremen. Anyhow things worked out and the three of them rallyed just N of 71 and made a single pass into the airfield. Coolon destroyed the station while houndg took out an mg pit. Coolon took a fuel hit but along with farout and houndg managed to make it back to the TAC field at 36 (with 8 gals of fuel).

Interesting night. Long and boring for the most part but glad we could play a part and help.

Great job to all....sounds like the bomber and fighter pukes worked well together!

Congrats to se-pua on your first frame!

Colonel mt-dew
Commanding Officer
-=Night Stalkers=-
"If you see us, it's already too late"

PostPosted: Mon Jan 06, 2014 9:48 pm 

MT-DEW:
The Night Stalkers were champs last night in the bombers' book. Well-done to all of you. It was truly exasperating to us to come so close to closing L71 only to leave the single target up. We were so glad to see you fellas finish it off. It was a huge help to the overall frame one score.

Looking forward to working with you fellas next week!

Darryl <S>
CO of Doolittle's Raiders

PostPosted: Tue Jan 07, 2014 12:32 am 

Mr. Mt-dew!

You were the heroes of the night!

Sorry for the boring part, but I coudn't find a better field to place you.

I was so happy when I saw 71 closed in the buffer, even after my stupid order to call off the attacks when stonie and weis reported that ack was also still up in the field.

Still need to learn to ack like CO: sacrifice 2 point to earn 15.

And you guys did it not loosing a single a/c! Wtg

<S>

Sepua | 4th Fighter Group
MacBook Pro • Intel 2.66GHz i7 • 8GB DDR3 RAM • NVIDIA GeForce GT 330M 512MB • OS 10.8

PostPosted: Tue Jan 07, 2014 4:43 pm 

Great job Night Stalkers! I had just strafed down the radar emitter at 71 (not realizing it wasn't needed) and was going in to try and get the comhut. I was happy to see you guys there.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 07, 2014 5:57 pm 

Very cool shot jlordj...tks for posting it. It's a good testimony of our squads individually striving to help however we can.

One ironic aspect to all this was we loaded and carried 4 500lbers on each of our 4 a/c for the sole purpose of possibly helping out the bombers if they needed it. I was constantly monitoring the buffer watching for any notice of closure of their two primary airfield targets. When I saw 75 close I immediately called for remaining a/c to jettison the ord for weight. I had no idea the bombers would be able to make a third attack.

Colonel mt-dew
Commanding Officer
-=Night Stalkers=-
"If you see us, it's already too late"

PostPosted: Wed Jan 08, 2014 1:53 pm 

Jlordj,

It must have been you I saw over the field, I thought we were going to get jumped. I got hit by the AA and was losing fuel, saw your dot and assumed you were a bad guy. Houndg & Farout headed west, I headed south hoping to draw "you" away then turned back into you thinking I was dead anyway (fuel leak) but you climbed away so I turned for home. (it didnt occur to me that you might be a friendly) Forgot about the new fuel tank divisions and found myself still flying. Didnt think I was going to make it back to friendly territory but chopped throttle etc etc and made it down with 8 gallons left. <S>

Sepua, we chose the boring route! :) would always choose boring uneventful until target. Field choice was perfect for the mission.

coolon
4th Fighter Group

formerly: -=Night Stalkers=- | 44th FS Vampires | Widowmakers

PostPosted: Wed Jan 08, 2014 4:40 pm 

The new fuel tank selections can really save your butt... :mrgreen:

352nd Fighter Group (V) - "The Blue Nosed Bastards of Bodney"
328th Fighter Squadron C.O. (V) - PE - Red and Green

dulce bellum inexpertis

PostPosted: Wed Jan 08, 2014 4:51 pm 

Coolon,

Sorry I didn't announce my presence. It wouldn't have been good if you "dragged" south long enough to not have enough fuel to RTB because you thought I was a bad guy. I'm glad it worked out.

<S>

Search for:
New Topic Post Reply  [ 8 posts ]