Delete all board cookies

All times are UTC

New Topic Post Reply  [ 5 posts ] 
Previous topic | Next topic 
 Post subject: Questions for jabo...
PostPosted: Fri Sep 15, 2017 3:32 am 

Jabo,
Questions:
1- “each side may only conduct operations in the area outlined in the game map.”
Does this mean we can takeoff from any friendly airfield and fly anywhere on the map , but only score misson points on objects within the outlined area that are numbered? I see two targets for the Axis frame 1 , 4 + 5, but have no idea of point values to see if they are worth attacking.

2- Are bridges the only targets that count as points that are NOT numbered within the target area? I see no numbered targets in the outlined area for the Allies???? If so, then are we to assume that they will be fighting a airfield war only this frame? Will they get any points for closing an airfield within the boundary or for individual objects at the field?

3- I see no summary points page to outline target values. Kinda makes it hard to plan anything offensive.

4- “all fields closed during play will remain so for the series.”
So if the Allies close one of our fields frame 1 then the front moves to encompass said airfield it stays closed anyhow? Too good to be true.

5- If I take a fw190F8 with bombs on a mission to blow something up and find the enemy otw can we jettison bombs, scrub the mission and fight?

6- We might have 26 fighters show up and the allies might field 6 medium bombers plus 18 ai bombers plus 32 fighters. If they are allowed to fly as one unit and the allied fighters fly the big wing we most likely have absolutely NO chance, unless I am missing something.

7- Do you have a list of the TAC fields that are not usable at this time as mentioned elsewhere?

Don’t have the time to decipher all this right now.
<S>

PostPosted: Fri Sep 15, 2017 10:28 pm 
Site Admin

1. Basically you can blow up anything on the enemy side of the frontline. This will score you BDA points in individual pilot scores. All these plus minus scores are added for each side each frame.

To get additional mission points for BDA you need to destroy specific targets within the mission area.

Close Tac Field 18.00
Destroy Industrial Site 15.00
Heavy Damage to Industrial Site(75% of buildings) 13.00
Close Airfield Operations 10.00
Heavy Damage to Airfield(75% of buildings) 10.00
Factory Building(ouside industrial targets) 5.00
HQ Building 4.00
Barracks 3.00
Ship(static any type) 2.50
Bridge Span 2.00
Radar Emitter 1.00
Parked Aircraft 0.75
Tank AFV 0.50
Truck 0.25
Arty/AT guns 0.10

Most of this needs the second update to the terrain. It wont happen until next week. Until then tac fields are tough to close. I would concentrate on the three airfields at 42, 35 and 24. Also Antwerp has three industrial targets, two in the city and the port. The port may be possible with repeat 190 sorties. In Antwerp itself are individual factory buildings which are good value.

2. Only the Luftwaffe can hit bridges. Right now all the bridges are on the German side but this will change in later frames.

3. See summary

4. Revising the ETO will allow us to keep fields closed for the series and still move the front. So yes its true.

5. Yes you must start loaded with the FW190F8 but can drop and fight.

6. Its important to be flexible as the Luftwaffe. You score heavy points for taking down bombers. The Allies cannot afford to just through them away. Bombers should be the primary targets with any BDA secondary. Hopefully with the open arena we will get some new pilots that will be assigned to the Luftwaffe to bring up the sides.

7. All tac fields are fixed and will be individual fields with the next terrain update next week.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 16, 2017 12:32 am 

"2. Only the Luftwaffe can hit bridges. Right now all the bridges are on the German side but this will change in later frames."

Would destroying our own bridges ( if we can ) limit the movement of the front lines in future frames? Wasn't thinking about doing it, but one might think about it in later frames.

Will destroying anything within the target area by either side affect the front line movement?

Correct me if I'm wrong, but TAC fields are still a 1 step field for initial basing.

I'm just trying to understand the madness that has overcome you once again!

PostPosted: Sat Sep 16, 2017 4:04 pm 
Site Admin

7. Squad Basing - to begin play each squad must base at their own airfield. Afterwards squads may replane anywhere as needed.

The Germans did not want to destroy their bridges until the very last moment. As in the movie the capture of Nijmegan bridge was a close run thing. So no points for taking down your own objectives. The Allied advance will make it harder for them to cover their front and allow the Luftwaffe more opportunities to hit the important bridge spans.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 16, 2017 9:34 pm 

Another question, ok two:
In the summary points page you show two different point values for downing an ai B24/B17/B25.
One line says 3 points, the other says 1 point.
Should I assume the 1 point version is a typo which should say it is for the ai Dh98IV FB?

I notice all the added ai flack concentrations for us, but none for on the Allied side.
Should I assume that the only flack the allies have is the normal field/etc defenses?
Thanks
<S>

Search for:
New Topic Post Reply  [ 5 posts ]