View unanswered posts View active topics  

Delete all board cookies

All times are UTC

New Topic Post Reply  [ 9 posts ] 
Previous topic | Next topic 
 Post subject: Frame V CO Checking in
PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2017 3:30 pm 

~S~

There really isnt a need to discuss this to death...our plan is simple...stop the Allies from succeeding. We do that by positioning and killing, as we have in all frames this series. So I will not deviate from our successes.

Let me know if there are any suggestions or requests. Otherwise, expect the same setup as previous frames.

Dewa.

~S~
~Sakai - 坂井
daimyosakai@gmail.com
Tainan Kokutai - 台南

Akatombo | White 576 | Curtiss AVG

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2017 11:58 pm 

Sakai wrote:
~S~

There really isnt a need to discuss this to death...our plan is simple...stop the Allies from succeeding. We do that by positioning and killing, as we have in all frames this series. So I will not deviate from our successes.

Let me know if there are any suggestions or requests. Otherwise, expect the same setup as previous frames.

Dewa.

Sore dewa...

Onaji "tactics" wa ii da yo. Isho ni oki na "BUFF" o kogeki shitada ii to omoimasu.

Agreed Sakai.. find the big bombers and take them out together. Force their fighters to come down and defend. Think the only way for us to pull off a win this series is to splash a lot of big buffs before they strike and protect our ships. Not spreading our defense out too far would be great so we can support each other.

My 2 Yen.....

Dozo Yokoshiku...

Oskar

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2017 8:07 pm 

Agree with Oskar, perhaps a dedicated shipping CAP to discourage the rascals from pecking away at the freighters. Our Saki is in short supply, having to drink confiscated hootch from Yankees.

Swede-

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2017 2:56 am 
Site Admin

Would be interesting to hear your views on the IJN late war aircraft. Which to fly and etc.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2017 1:18 am 

jabo wrote:
Would be interesting to hear your views on the IJN late war aircraft. Which to fly and etc.

Jabo,

In general I find the IJ planes fragile and a poor match for the faster & more durable allied rides. 0nly EAs we can engage are the Bombers or allied pilots that make a mistake and lose their alt or speed. The biggest issue is structural failures. I think we lost more to broken wings than enemy action.

This may be historic, but don't recall reading about IJ planes breaking apart in flight. Guess you would have more signals that you are over stressing your air fame in real life.

The George is a great plane but hates alt over 25k and any downward pressure on the elevator breaks a wing. The Frank is fast in level flight, but how often do you really use level speed in combat? Climb and dive rates and handling are more important. The KI84 does feel as quick as it use to be and the biggest problem with the Frank is it is awful fragile above 400mph, so forget about chasing a corsair or Jug at high speeds. She use to turn better with combat flaps deployed at lower speeds.

The J2M is less maneuverable but the best plane we have to compete with the allied rockets above 30k, and a bit more durable in a dive. Canon dispersion makes it difficult to hit anything beyond D3, where as 50s can reach out to D6 or 7 effectively. I personally find the cockpit views in the Raiden a challenge. Pilot position 2 seems to work best. Also, she is the slowest plane in the series under 10k.

With that said if you can get close enough, or if the allied pilot is foolish enough to turn with you, the Type 99 20 mils work great.

And Juice has had a good series flying the J2M.

Oskar

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2017 6:03 pm 
Site Admin

Wing strength is something I think is missed on the excellent tests Robert runs.

I have notice the dispersion on the excellent late war Japanese cannon and have wondered about that.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2017 5:38 pm 

--

Waxing..........

It has long been a dream/hope/wish of mine to have most if not all Series be back to backs. That is, switch sides at some point or in the next series.
Then, ALL are subjected/enabled/tasked with doing the job in the exact same aircraft WITHOUT change, then all can evaluate for the average pilot.

This does many good things: 1. Positive understanding of each other (good or bad, it is positive) 2. Equal understanding of issues (or non-issues) with aircraft. 3. Reinforcement of winning tactics and strategies.
4. Bringing to specific relief needs for learning to overcome deficiencies in piloting and aircraft modeling problems. 5. A unified (as much as is possible) consensus for change in said flight models.

The empathy, learning, and understanding created by back to backs to further the game, the pilots, the squads to me are too positive to not do as often as is available.

That being said, the negatives are that we are taking a minimum of 6 weeks to 12 weeks of pursuing the same map with a same set with goals that do not change for months. This too is often overwhelming, if not boring for many (most?). Memories for some have been poor in remembering 2 months ago, changes waiting for months when they are known in 2 or 3 weeks may seem stupid to delay (yet on that one I say DO NOT change them, as to allow others to enjoy the fun of the fault, so no speculation (by wizards of smart) is necessary).

----------------

Otherwise, as to the subject of the P-47 being inferior in tests. The pilot being 70% of the fight.......... coupled with high altitude capability, combined with adequate high speed (220mph indicated and above) strength and maneuverability, pushing firepower that can destroy from outside D2 in less than a 1 second burst, will ALWAYS be at worst, even. Ability to select to engage at will is worth its weight in gold.

Suggest never test for an S3 "equal", always look at goals first (S3 rules, mission) then add probable fuel state, engine state, alt state, range state, etc etc ....... then engage and evaluate. The average pilot will then be able to commence learning what to expect, and how to counter best possible. Then beware of the ones finding the way to make the bad rides match the good ones. "Only the spirit of attack borne in a brave heart will bring success to any fighter aircraft, no matter how highly developed it may be." Adolf Galland

Waxing Rhapsodic ended....

Juice

352nd Fighter Group C.O. (V) - "The Blue Nosed Bastards of Bodney"
487th Fighter Squadron (V)-HO
486th Fighter Squadron (V)-PZ
328th Fighter Squadron (V)-PE
We have the whips - KILL THEM ALL

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2017 1:51 am 

Side switching would be fun, either back to back series or after 2-3 frames in a single series. Seems like back to back would be less headaches for our wonderful janitors, I.e. Mr jabo.

While Galland might have said it was the pilot, not the plane. He did benefit from being on the side with the most advanced technology ;) He should have said it's the number of opponents, not the pilot or plane by war end.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2017 2:31 am 

Speaking for myself only, and possibly for Jugggo, I would be up for a B2B with this series. I would enjoy a short series as a Corsair pilot.

~S~
~Sakai - 坂井
daimyosakai@gmail.com
Tainan Kokutai - 台南

Akatombo | White 576 | Curtiss AVG

Search for:
New Topic Post Reply  [ 9 posts ]