All times are UTC

New Topic Post Reply  [ 9 posts ] 
Previous topic | Next topic 
PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2016 11:05 pm 
Site Admin

S3#98 – Spitfires Over Malta; Malta - Summer 1942

http://www.squadselectseries.com

S3#98 – Spitfires Over Malta; Malta - Summer 1942 

The Luftwaffe was determined to batter Malta so its striking force could not continue to sink the much needed supplies that Rommel needed to carry on his advance into Egypt. But with the addition of Spitfires the defense of Malta would reach its most famous chapter. In clear blue Mediterranean skies, high above the most bombed portion of the British Empire a life and death struggle would ensue.

This event will highlight the bombing of Malta and attacks on the shipping lanes of both sides. The RAF has the advantage of radar but has limits on how and when they can scramble their limited fighter strength. The Axis will be able to batter the island fortress with carry over damage. This will feature the classic Spitfire vs Messerschmidt fighter match-up.

Our next event starts Apr 10th in the S3 Arena at 8:30PM Eastern/5:30 PM Pacific.

Rules, rides and map up. Just finalizing the points sometime tonight or tomorrow.

All squads will now have the option to fly any a/c type and use the two different logins depending on their aircraft and style. We are now below 100 pilots per frame and only 10 percent of them are bomber or strike pilots. Mission planning and teamwork become even more important with such limited resources.

Good Luck,

J

PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2016 11:46 pm 
Site Admin

Arena setup for testing.

Planes enabled for both logins. Latest and greatest files should be all there, you may need to update before login.
Hard to keep AI ship routines running but the damage files for all aircraft and weapons are the same in all arenas, so you can test ships there if needed.

Good luck

PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2016 12:55 am 
Site Admin

Updated summary with points.

Luftwaffe get extra points for closing fields on Malta. RAF get more points for ship and aircraft destroyed.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2016 6:02 am 

jabo wrote:
Arena setup for testing.

Planes enabled for both logins. Latest and greatest files should be all there, you may need to update before login.
Hard to keep AI ship routines running but the damage files for all aircraft and weapons are the same in all arenas, so you can test ships there if needed.

Good luck

ARENA IS LOCKED!

Happy trails...
Wolf
XO 352nd Fighter Group (virtual)

PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2016 11:22 pm 
Site Admin

Should be good to go now.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2016 11:58 pm 

Thank you, Sir. <S>

Happy trails...
Wolf
XO 352nd Fighter Group (virtual)

Post subject: Re: arena and WB setup
PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2016 6:45 pm 

Salute!

Anybudy having trouble trying to "save" the S3 settings and then going offline to Malta?

We can change the time of day offline and still keep all the arena settings, at least until the latest downgrade this week ( just in time for our S3 Frame 1, dammit). So my initital online was pretty dark, but big deal. Go offline and chose a field and change the time. Then do tgt recce and test yet another new, improved, more realistic flight model, and the beat goes on.

BUT!!!! I get this interim menu and even if I click it off and go "freeflight" to Malta I lose all the S3 settings.

This is becoming old and very much a bother. It's almost as bad as the unrequested FB link when we log out.

Gums asks....

"God in your guts, good men at your back, wings that stay on - and Tally Ho!"

Post subject: Re: arena and WB setup
PostPosted: Sat Apr 09, 2016 12:43 am 

Gums wrote:
Salute!

Anybudy having trouble trying to "save" the S3 settings and then going offline to Malta?

We can change the time of day offline and still keep all the arena settings, at least until the latest downgrade this week ( just in time for our S3 Frame 1, dammit). So my initital online was pretty dark, but big deal. Go offline and chose a field and change the time. Then do tgt recce and test yet another new, improved, more realistic flight model, and the beat goes on.

BUT!!!! I get this interim menu and even if I click it off and go "freeflight" to Malta I lose all the S3 settings.

This is becoming old and very much a bother. It's almost as bad as the unrequested FB link when we log out.

Gums asks....

It would be my guess you are choosing the Malta Terrain in free flight.

You should be choosing the Sicily terrain as that is the terrain in use for the Spitfires over Malta S3.

And I am very happy you appreciate the hard work that goes into "downgrading" Warbirds prior to every S3.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2016 7:53 pm 

Been having the same problem Gums. Used to log into the S3 to get set, log out, log into Freeflight and everything would be there but that hasn't happened in awhile. I tried Malta, Malta 256, and Sicily maps in freeflight using the above process as well....no luck there either.

Crommm
American Eagles

Search for:
New Topic Post Reply  [ 9 posts ]