View unanswered posts View active topics  

Delete all board cookies

All times are UTC

New Topic Post Reply  [ 17 posts ]  Go to page
 Previous << 
1, 2
Previous topic | Next topic 
PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2016 12:33 pm 

I look for cannon hits (blossoms on target) vs MG hits (sparkles on target). Cannons only hit when I was low G:)

Look for another thread to discuss how this could have, IMO, been run as an S3 series.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2016 8:18 pm 

I slowed your video down to about 1/3 speed. It did look like you got at least 3 cannon hits on Fencer, but not that concentrated fire needed to bring down early war planes with early war guns.

I raked a 109 pretty good and he looked like he had no damage, so I know the feeling.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2016 11:51 pm 

In our battle you raked me pretty good, having no problem sawing me in half. I was going for the yo-yo but the Hawk turns too tight for that. I bailed to extend and maybe give dazed an opening but I didn't even have time to juke.

<S>
Zinhwk

HADES Flight
475th FG (v)
zinhwk@fly-jg77.com

Windows 10.1
AMD A10 6800K Black Edition (OC 4.2Ghz)
16 GB DDR3
GeForce GTX 770Ti
1TB SATA Western Digital "Blue" HDD
24" LG LED 1080p
CH Controls

PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2016 1:13 am 
Site Admin

This is very easy to check. Go into any arena drive right up to a structure and blast away at point blank range. See how many 20mms it takes and how many 303s it takes to destroy. Server can track close range shots really well. That shows you how powerful each weapon is when you cant miss and you have no degrading of power over range. For a CM you just run the log with all fired objects tracked and you will see the damage each weapon does. I do 10 single taps to try and get the shortest burst for each weapon, usually from that you can figure out that the damage in the weapons file is close to the damage inflicted at close range.

Next series will see. Better weapons but still a mix of rifle-calibre and 20mm in the Bf109F4 and Spitfire VC. All in one small area over Malta so we will see about server load packet loss and the ghosts of history past.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2016 1:25 pm 

I think it is just me not landing enough hits:) I was expecting more from the LW wonder cannon:) Hoping for the one hit cannon kills I hear so much about, but alas it was not meant to be!

Biggest question was on the disco after a kill.....and I don't think iEN still knows what the issue is/was. But I'd ask for a new General....seems the old one may now be applying to drive the "Green Peace whale boats" with his treatment of guys getting kills:)

PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2016 6:28 pm 

There are lots of issues in play.

Lag and packet loss make higher rate of fire weapons actually register more hits.

Smaller aircraft seem tougher. This is probably because the same number of hitparts are crammed into a smaller number of hit boxes. This makes it much more likely 2 rounds hit different part numbers.

For example, if the fuel tank hit part is set to ten points and tbe landing gear hit part is set to ten points it would take two rounds at five points each to kill either. In a big plane the boxes are bigger and there are more of each hit part, increasing the likelihood of landing two rounds in hit boxes of the same part number, scoring a kill on the part. In a small airplane, it is much likelier your rounds will not hit the same part number.

This, again, favors high rate of fire weapons.

This theory was born out in frame 5 with Wellingtons falling to the same 3 cannon rounds that Dobs found could not kill a small fighter.

The solutions to this issue would probably meet with resistance.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 02, 2016 1:15 am 

@ Madcat: Not sure which person you are referring to toward the end of the video, but if it's the one making references to Juice=, it was not a 475th member.

For future reference however, I hold the coveted 475th "Eeyore" title. There has been recent discussion of transferring my title to somebody else, but I don't think the paperwork has been signed yet, so.....

While I'm still on the fence regarding the whole FEBA thing, I certainly did enjoy the aircraft matchups throughout this series. I think you guys drew the short straw with the Fokker, but other than that airframe, I think each of the other fighter aircraft had aspects that made them competitive with the opposition.

Salutes (as always) to Bat Rastards of the 352nd, and to the Knights That Say BOOM.

Search for:
New Topic Post Reply  [ 17 posts ]  Go to page
 Previous << 
1, 2