All times are UTC

New Topic Post Reply  [ 75 posts ]  Go to page
 Previous << 
1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 8
 >> Next 
Previous topic | Next topic 
PostPosted: Fri Dec 13, 2013 12:14 am 

J
I have not noticed any flickering. Using EG version.

Muzz
muzz--
Sqn Ldr
past-CO 417 Sqn RCAF
"Supporting Liberty and Justice"
--------------------------------------
Muzz's Maps

PostPosted: Fri Dec 13, 2013 4:10 am 

No terrain flickering here either, however, I do have the usual Mac issue of the clouds flickering. That occurs with all the terrains. Maybe someday iEN will come up with a fix for that.

I have noticed on some of the fields when on the runway with ac and at spawn points with gvs that there is a rendering issue leaving white patches in the tiles.

Americans love a winner. Americans will not tolerate a loser. Americans despise cowards. Americans play to win all of the time~George S Patton

Macbook Pro
4 gig ram
OSX 10.9.1 (Mavericks)
NVIDIA GeForce 9400M 256 MB

HP Win7

PostPosted: Fri Dec 13, 2013 9:36 pm 
Site Admin

Puffy clouds flicker in both versions I think. Same with clutter and its worse when you have mountains or hilly country. Since both puffy clouds and clutter are not the same on each frontend we dont use them in the terrains.
Not sure if you noticed by mspiro has placed a fair number of trees near airstrips so if you run into those you will crash.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 19, 2013 3:08 pm 

I am not seeing any roads in the Solomons terrain. Where are they located? Maybe there is a glitch in the MAC version.

Americans love a winner. Americans will not tolerate a loser. Americans despise cowards. Americans play to win all of the time~George S Patton

Macbook Pro
4 gig ram
OSX 10.9.1 (Mavericks)

HP Win7

PostPosted: Thu Dec 19, 2013 9:52 pm 
Site Admin

There are no roads per se in Solomons but the airfields are all road tool objects. If you can see the runways and taxi ways the mspiro built then everything is good. Roads are a bit of an issue as they is still debate if they cause FPS issues. Around the tac fields in the ETO and the Tobruk terrain players have reported FPS issues in the past that toggling off the roads seem to fix. Crimea is supposed to have lots of roads and railways to help navigation in it but that will have to wait until this build is corrected.

Robin did you try taking off from the seaplane base at 54? Its SP2 and you have to lift off before the ship facing you.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 19, 2013 10:17 pm 

I tried to lift off at 54 and it worked. Only the SP1 was available on my map. The spawn point was on the water, but I gained enough airspeed to lift off. I used the Spit Vc as the test plane. Taxiways and runways are all there., so the roads feature works well.

Macbook Pro
4 gig ram
OSX 10.9.1 (Mavericks)

HP Win7

PostPosted: Sat Dec 28, 2013 9:02 pm 

More testing on v1.02

Fol previously identified issues still exist:
F3 - invisible rwy surface is at 51 ft, rendered rwy texture/field elevation is at 38 ft. Upon spawning, a/c appear to float in air.
F10 - Possible to taxi on sea surface off both ends of the textured rwy
F33 - objects FD007 and FD008 are still floating above other ammo boxes

New testing
Did a fly through of entire terrain looking for lost roads and such. None seen. Checked all fields except on Bouganville Island. Noted the fol:
F5 SP1 thru 4 - ~3ft below the rendered terrain. Can taxi and t/o, but odd view. No elevation issues at other end of rwy
F11 SP1 - at 48 ft, terrain rendered at 38ft. Similar problem to F3 with invisible (but hard!) runway sfc above rendered terrain.
F13 - can taxi on water to SW of rwy
F51 (Float plane base) - unable to t/o. Super sticky grass near shore.

Ack on static ships. Limited testing so far...
Seems to fire thru DDs and CVs. Depending on aspect, aft mounted ack on DDs will explode adjacent to the guns when it should have a clear view to shoot.
Most apparent when ack would need to elevate to engage. Almost as if the ack shells are originating from behind the breech of the guns then hitting the ship or water adjacent to the ship.
CV ack does not seem to be affected (placed higher above water??)

Muzz
muzz--
Sqn Ldr
past-CO 417 Sqn RCAF
Muzz's Maps

PostPosted: Sun Dec 29, 2013 7:03 pm 
Site Admin

Good ack testing Muzz. I will try and see if there is another place higher to place them on the DDs.

Will double check the issues, I thought I fixed the previous ones but maybe didnt export.

J

PostPosted: Mon Dec 30, 2013 3:01 pm 

Continuing with Bougainville...
F7 - NW end of rwy sfc ends about 20 feet before end of rendered rwy. rwy sfc is about 6" above rendered rwy. "Bump" as you taxi over the transition.
F15 - SP 3 & 4 are below the rendered ground level. SP 1 & 2 are about 15 ft above ground level. Rwy sfc is below ground at NW end of rwy, and about 15 ft above ground at the SE end. Slow transition, with the rwy sfc being even with the rendered ground level about 1/2 way down the rwy. Aircraft attempting to land on the SE end of the rwy will crash into an invisible wall. This would also affect GVs operating near the field.
F34 - Rwy sfc about 3 ft above rendered ground level. All SPs 3 ft above ground. A/C attempting to land at either end of the rwy hit the invisible "wall" at crash.
F14 - object F014AD012:ammodump is floating about 1 foot above the other boxes.
F9 - north rwy, east end - tree in the approach path! TR025
F36 - NW end of rwy, last 50 yds or so under the rendered ground level. SP 3 & 4 2-3 ft below ground. SE end of rwy, tree in the approach path! TR016
F29 (Seaplane) - super sticky grass. Unable to t/o after taxi to water (L/G failure)
Neither the IJN nor the USN static CVs can be hit. Torps, bombs, gunfire passes through. When attempting to land, aircraft descend nicely through the flight deck, but explode nicely when contacting the sides of the ships.

My testing complete pending release of updated version of terrain. Cheers! <S>

Muzz
muzz--
Sqn Ldr
past-CO 417 Sqn RCAF
Muzz's Maps

PostPosted: Mon Dec 30, 2013 8:02 pm 
Site Admin

Only thing I can think of is the tower is at a different height than the field which causes problems with the bounding boxes which we need to prevent sticky grass. The areas should be level but maybe I need to go back and check in levellar.

Search for:
New Topic Post Reply  [ 75 posts ]  Go to page
 Previous << 
1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 8
 >> Next