Delete all board cookies

All times are UTC

New Topic Locked  [ 56 posts ]  Go to page
 Previous << 
1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
 >> Next 
Previous topic | Next topic 
PostPosted: Tue Dec 17, 2013 2:12 am 

I don't want to be mistaken, I was not bashing squads over 2-3 steps just stating my opinion on getting the most out of each player is all.

Like I said, IMO that is best done 2-3 steps.

++S++

t

PostPosted: Tue Dec 17, 2013 9:41 pm 

Todzilla wrote:
bollok wrote:
It would indeed be great if all squads were 3 or 4 steps.

I just don't forsee sudden rapid growth / mass recruitment happening any time soon.
(if anything some squads recently folded or merged)I was just making a casual observation.

Understood but this is a conversation that we've need to have. Growth is rarely rapid. There has seemed to be a lot of new names recently. Keep recruiting.

<S>

Move the S3 start time back 4 or 5 hours so the existing eurozone players can participate ?

PostPosted: Tue Dec 17, 2013 10:05 pm 

bollok wrote:

Move the S3 start time back 4 or 5 hours so the existing eurozone players can participate ?

That was called the EMC. Sadly, over the early years of my career here, I could only attend one or two frames. I think that is not dissimilar to many US players.

Ni Yen.

~S~
~Sakai - 坂井
daimyosakai@gmail.com
Tainan Kokutai - 台南

Akatombo | White 576 | Curtiss AVG

PostPosted: Tue Dec 17, 2013 10:22 pm 

Just observing that you might be able to tap into the existing WB customer base to boost S3 numbers rather then hoping to catch noobs in the MA.

I have a couple squad mates based in the USA that I've tried to convince to join me in the S3 before.
Their response is always that S3 is too late for them as they are out for work at 5am or 6 am on a monday.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 17, 2013 10:28 pm 

As much as I would like to, I think we'd lose as many as we gained if we moved the times. Too many have already adjusted their lives around the S3's. I wish there was a better answer for this. It might be fun to once a year have a 4, 5, or even 6-hour, 2-life frame that started a little earlier in the day.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 19, 2013 12:52 am 

Years ago they had what called the "Scenario Lites" these were run on Wed Night and again Saturday Afternoon and basically were a repeat of the S3 held on Sunday but occasionally a different scenario was called upon, Believe you had 3 lives in the frame, but assigned duties axis and allies.
Was a lot of fun and more organized and set up similar to S3 rules then main gang banging style.
Did peak interest in that some of us would fly more then just Sunday night, and was open to all provided they flew by the rules and not just lone wolf or willy nilly.

Swede- S/L 416 RCAF and realizing that I have been here longer then I thought, but the first thing to go is the memory.... I think

PostPosted: Thu Dec 19, 2013 1:29 am 

Swede- wrote:
j...realizing that I have been here longer then I thought, but the first thing to go is the memory.... I think

I think I heard that too.

My 10 year is this Feb. Unless it was last Feb. LOL! I played WB offline for about 18-24 months before I came online. I could no longer play Aces Over the Pacific or Aces Over Europe on my new Mac at the time. WB was my fix.

~S~
~Sakai - 坂井
daimyosakai@gmail.com
Tainan Kokutai - 台南

Akatombo | White 576 | Curtiss AVG

PostPosted: Fri Dec 27, 2013 11:15 am 

The Doolittle's Raiders is definitely an international squad. We have squaddies in every time zone. I built it that way so there would be someone to fly with no matter when a Doolittle's Raider signed onto WB. Because of this, we have quite a few pilots from Australia, Asia, and Europe who tell me they would love to fly in the S3, but the start time won't allow them to do so. There are also quite a few squaddies from the U.S. who find the time difficult because of having to work on Mondays.

If we were able to provide a list of 75 names of those who would join us in the S3, if it were switched to Saturday night, I wonder how many of those who currently fly would not be able to attend? I know that my entire squad participation would skyrocket, if we did so.

It might be worth doing a survey on the S3 forum to see what everyone thinks. Or maybe, it should be on the open forum, so we can hear from those who don't have access to the S3 forum.

I know there are some who have built their lives around the S3, which is a little scary. :) But, if they can consider what might be gained by making a change in day of play, it could benefit the S3 in a big way.

Now, what I am suggesting is only that we survey the community and see what they say. FYI, I am already in the process of trying to get 75 players from Australia, Asia, and Europe to say they are willing to commit to a Saturday S3, if it were offered. Hope to let you know the results soon.

I am also starting a new campaign within the squad to get more of my guys back into the S3. They have expressed various reasons why they cannot or do not want to play it anymore, but I am hoping we'll see more of them after the first of the year.

The squad would not like to see limitations put on our size. Rather, we have asked for composite group status in order to allow those who prefer the fighters/bombers to fly what they like. It would really be cool if we could work trooping into more of the scenarios because NEMO would really get a kick out of playing with us, again. (He got to troop in one S3 and did a great job.)

Thanks <S>

PostPosted: Tue Dec 31, 2013 4:20 am 

its still pretty late but its possible that we might be able to put up 5-10 regular players with a move to Saturday.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 31, 2013 7:49 am 

How about Tuesdays, 12:36 PM, Central Time, U.S.?
Jeez, please let the Janitors run S3s.

Happy trails...
Wolf
XO 352nd Fighter Group (virtual)

Search for:
New Topic Locked  [ 56 posts ]  Go to page
 Previous << 
1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
 >> Next