View unanswered posts View active topics  

Delete all board cookies

All times are UTC

New Topic Post Reply  [ 13 posts ]  Go to page
1, 2
 >> Next 
Previous topic | Next topic 
PostPosted: Sun Jun 28, 2015 3:41 am 

Some of you may, or may not know that we are planning a Memorial video for our dear friend Pappyb. I know Weis wants to do one, as do I, and I am sure there are others.

I do not want to go into detail as to what my video plans are other than what I need from the groups who want to participate. That being, primarily are large group of fighters and bombers at about 10k flying together (not necessarily in formation) towards a cmeye cam. The formation will fly thru the cam above, below and around. The cam will rise thru and above the formation revealing the 4thFG just above. There will be a finger 4 formation minus one. The Pappyb ac will approach from the rear of the 4th formation. The formation will open up as he approaches and takes his place in the lead group. This is still happening above the larger bomber fighter formation. The 4man formation will be about D3 to 4 ahead of the rest of the 4th. Each CO of the various fighter groups will break formation pull up along side the 4th 4man group and salute(wing wag) then return to his group. Finally the Pappyb ac will ascend upwards.

Obviously there is a lot more than what I have revealed. The rest will be solo with another 4thman. Those who have seen my previous videos know that there will be much more. I know that this is not a traditional missing man scenario, but it will be worth your time I promise you that.

I already have the music tracks and special effects laid out. I just need the group now. So CO's get together and let me know when you can get your squads together. I am ready now. Thanks and Salute.

I know the 4th will be happy to assist anybody who would like to create a video for Pappyb or any others who have passed on. Just ask.

Lt Col Kelly "Screaming Alpha"
Virtual 4th Fighter Group

PostPosted: Sun Jun 28, 2015 3:52 am 

Date & Time Please

CO Beaver
RCAF 417 (II/Wing 127)
City of Windsor

PostPosted: Sun Jun 28, 2015 5:22 pm 

How about Thursday night 7pm central.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2015 8:34 pm 

Thursday July 2nd or Thursday July 9th?

CO Beaver
RCAF 417 (II/Wing 127)
City of Windsor

PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2015 11:50 pm 

I was thinking the 2nd, but I have not received any responses from the other CO's. It could be they just don't check the forum often. If we wait till the 9th then we may as well wait till the 12th. I guess that would probably be best. surely by then most of the community will have heard of the event. Thanks Beaver. I appreciate your checking in on it. <S>

PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2015 12:13 am 

They are taking down Warbirds for an hour or so Thursday July 2nd, so July 9th should be the day. Maybe you want to make a post on Weis site for a flyby.

CO Beaver
RCAF 417 (II/Wing 127)
City of Windsor

PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2015 2:07 am 

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=1453

The above link says the 12th and is the post JG-51 has put out in their email. We have 3 confirmed so far but if the 12th is not the date then I am not sure what to tell my guys.

There needs to be one forum thread dedicated to this event and you may want it on iEN's forum and not just the S3. A lot of WB'ers knew pappy from the MA arena also.

<S>

Doc
@doctrdart

PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2015 2:33 pm 

drdart wrote:
http://www.squadselectforum.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=1453

The above link says the 12th and is the post JG-51 has put out in their email. We have 3 confirmed so far but if the 12th is not the date then I am not sure what to tell my guys.

There needs to be one forum thread dedicated to this event and you may want it on iEN's forum and not just the S3. A lot of WB'ers knew pappy from the MA arena also.

These are 2 separate videos - Kelly has his own idea for one which sounds good but the actual formal event will be held on July12 time to be announced yet, sorry for the confusion.

=weis=
8th FG CO

PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2015 5:22 pm 

I'll be doing my video the same day. Different approach however. It will be over water about 10k to keep the cut scenes consistent. All participants will be in one large group flying West. Bombers will form the main formation while fighters position themselves in finger 4s though out the group. I will be wanting the group to vary altitudes by a small margin to get the effect I'm looking for. Once everybody is in formation they can lock in autopilot and got eat supper. I'll use cmeye to get the shots I'm looking to get. A few of you will be asked to turn on your acmcams. Once the group is in position I will tell you who I need as acmcam. It will not be necessary for you to do anything else, just let it run. Only the 4man 4th will be required to remain active. Thanks all.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2015 1:45 pm 

That means July 12th for yours as well? If there are going to be 2 videos shot before the event, what time will you be starting (and what time for Weis flyby?)

CO Beaver
RCAF 417 (II/Wing 127)
City of Windsor

Search for:
New Topic Post Reply  [ 13 posts ]  Go to page
1, 2
 >> Next