Login 
View unanswered posts View active topics  

Delete all board cookies

All times are UTC

New Topic Post Reply  [ 7 posts ] 
Previous topic | Next topic 
 Post subject: Frame 3 Discussion
PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2018 5:04 am 

We absolutely have to close 97 at some point during the frame. Closing 97 will stop the Axis from capturing 99 if they do get it closed. Keeping their closest field in the West at 91 is advantageous for us. The S3 arena is not setup with the new map so we can't test things online but, Rolling from 99 you will have 2 88's at 98, 2 88's due West of 99 and one N at 100, firing at you. 97 has one 20mm and one 40 mm. I will test rolling 99 (probably suicide) online if jabo sets the map up right (sent him a pm). If some do roll from 99 they will have at least 7 mins until the closest axis can be near to 97. We could always wait to later in the frame as well.
We will hit 103 and 104 as well during the night, unless the Axis abandon the 118/119/120 area at some point.
We need to be where they aren't when possible. NOE Pin pricks to finish closing locations seemed to work last frame, although suicidal.
I can only plan the first sortie and maybe the second sortie, the rest will be reactionary to achieve our goals.
More later.
Dang, it is really late. Gotta hit the sack. Orders up Sat night latest.

Post subject: Re: Frame 3 Discussion
PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2018 3:30 pm 

As you point out, the challenge at f99 is the f98 ack.
Almost need to launch a strike from further east to take out hill top ack east of 99, the start using 99 as a fed field. I think the axis will make f99 closure their priority as we would be in a position to take three fields fairly quickly. If we left 99 to the axis, we could take the two field along the North north east of our front before the axis get in the way, then concentrate on minimizing our air-air losses
I’ll try to make up some target I tell maps later today.

Muzz
muzz--
Sqn Ldr
past-CO 417 Sqn RCAF
"Supporting Liberty and Justice"
--------------------------------------
Muzz's Maps

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2018 7:34 pm 

S3 Map up.

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2018 11:14 pm 
Site Admin

Remember that the 88 flak batteries really are just spotters, they have a hard time hitting an aircraft. Its the 40mm to 20mm you have to worry about. There are few MGs in this terrain.

PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2018 12:50 am 

fwiw...
I just took off from 99 headed East in a B25D with 6x500# in the s3 arena diamond 40 formation. Stayed low/noe for 30 secs or so then climbed hard/slow on boost to 3200ft, reversed W to 97 still climbing, although at 155mph. In the scope auto climb 88's tinged me couple times, no damage dropped from 5,500' or so and closed it in one pass. As soon as bombs away I started weaving while headed to 99. 40mm tagged me once and lost one aileron as I started to drop altitude too soon. Whole flight to rtb was 7 1/2 - 8 mins max.
<S>

Wish the fields rebuilt after so many minutes though, or maybe they will as they did 2 series ago for testing? Will have to check in a bit.

PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2018 2:12 am 

Well, closing 97 sounds "doable". If you wish, I can work further intel on F95, 96. 100 might be a bridge (pun intended) too far.
Need our buffs to be looking at intel.

Muzz
muzz--
Sqn Ldr
past-CO 417 Sqn RCAF
"Supporting Liberty and Justice"
--------------------------------------
Muzz's Maps

PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2018 4:46 am 

Muzz, sleepy and I just tested some ideas online and the plan is mostly set, just needs written up. Will post Sat late afternoon early evening.
Intel graphics of 95 and 96 would be nice. How about 103 and 104 as well, if you could. It would be greatly appreciated.

100 is a no no this frame.
<S>

Search for:
New Topic Post Reply  [ 7 posts ]