Login 
View unanswered posts View active topics  

Delete all board cookies

All times are UTC

New Topic Post Reply  [ 5 posts ] 
Previous topic | Next topic 
PostPosted: Sat Sep 23, 2017 8:11 pm 

~S~ Jagdgfleigers!

A key point to remember for this frame and series, is that we are in late 1944. Historically, the Luftwaffe was sending up boys with little hope of success against the overwhelming Allied numbers, all while retreating / contracting back into Germany. In our series, one advantage we have is that our pilots are professional, experten and have a life for each airframe, new in the S3s.

Splits plan for frame 1 was effective and when combined with our determination, we edged the Allies to minor victory. Frame 2 will be similar in execution...almost reactive, which for the record, is not my favorite type of frame to plan. That said, with extensive scouting of the static ships along the rivers, testing on bridge hardness, the ever increasing accuracy of ACK and a review of the points summary, I agree that a good tactic for this series is, as Jabo-san said, defense. However, I do have a plan for an offensive push for the T+120-End time-frame.

Basing

23rd - L53

AE - L54

Lf6 - G112 / G115

Flight

All pilots will fly the 109 for the first Sortie. I will have GCI and relay to each squad rally positions and vectors to the Allies. Counter to the pre-series writeup, I think the Typhoons are the most worrisome Allied fighter. Each squad should gain maximum altitude and engage with that advantage and fight up. I will try to have all our assets in close support of each other. That worked well in the first frame and will be key for us to extract at Winchester.

After the first sortie, squads will roll as needed during the middle part of the frame. AFTER YOUR SECOND DEATH...I want all 3rd plane (190F8s) pilots to HOLD IN TOWER UNTIL ORDERED TO ROLL. A coordinated, all assets effort for the 190F8 sortie will target Allied assets including shipping, bridges and the airfield east of Eindhoven (G114) and North West of Maastricht (G119). Pilots who are on life 1 or 2 will provide cover or distract the Allies during the F8 ingress.

And of course, Berlin has ordered us to NOT die.

Horrido!

~S~
~Sakai - 坂井
daimyosakai@gmail.com
Tainan Kokutai - 台南

Akatombo | White 576 | Curtiss AVG

Last edited by Sakai on Sat Sep 23, 2017 9:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 23, 2017 8:49 pm 

Orders received and distributed. Looks good!
I'm thinking we need to watch for low ack very early for any strikers at the get go. I saw a DR practicing hitting TAC 48 in a b25 at 3-5k max.

<S>

PostPosted: Sat Sep 23, 2017 9:01 pm 

split wrote:
...I'm thinking we need to watch for low ack very early for any strikers at the get go. I saw a DR practicing hitting TAC 48 in a b25 at 3-5k max.

<S>

I'll tower hop early for just that. Good call.

~S~
~Sakai - 坂井
daimyosakai@gmail.com
Tainan Kokutai - 台南

Akatombo | White 576 | Curtiss AVG

PostPosted: Sun Sep 24, 2017 7:02 pm 

<S> Sakai

Orders received.
AEs at your service.

TY sir

Swanee
----------------------------------------
There are 2 kinds of people in this world...
Fighter pilots – and those that wish they were.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 24, 2017 11:58 pm 

split wrote:
Orders received and distributed. Looks good!
I'm thinking we need to watch for low ack very early for any strikers at the get go. I saw a DR practicing hitting TAC 48 in a b25 at 3-5k max.

My spy network also saw this but also witnessed them continuing on to Fields 117 and 53.

<S>
Nick

"Tod von Oben"

Search for:
New Topic Post Reply  [ 5 posts ]