Login 
View unanswered posts View active topics  

Delete all board cookies

All times are UTC

New Topic Post Reply  [ 9 posts ] 
Previous topic | Next topic 
 Post subject: Frame IV CO checking in
PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2016 8:27 pm 

Any and all ideas are welcome. I will be waiting for Jabos report on any field closers and BDA reports before final orders are out.

I wasn't able to stick around to the end of frame 3 so I am not sure what else closed, if anything besides F217.

I will need bomber volunteers.

<S>

Doc
@doctrdart

PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2016 11:04 pm 

drdart wrote:

<S>

Doc
@doctrdart

PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2016 12:25 am 

DrDart,

Thanks for leading the next frame <S>

I reviewed the scoring summary for F3. We did a good job again, but what is up with Malta fields? Destroyed targets are suppose to remain down for the duration of the series. It appears targets are rebuilding. If we only have a few targets left to close one of their large fields, we should probably try and finish the job (50 points).

We earned big points again on shipping destroyed. If field re-build is porked, going after their boats again would yield the next greatest amount of points.

Also, if we can guess Allies next move (going after Axis shipping?). We might be able to place some defensive fighters in the right places.

Anyway, kind of a mixed bag of rough ideas....

Oskar

PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2016 3:14 am 

The Allies need lots of points.
The Allies don't get points for field closures like we do. They only get points for structures destroyed.
The Allies need to sink ships, preferably moving ships. There aren't enough static ships grouped together to hardly make it worth while to strike them.
The Allies need to keep their bombers from being shot down. This is really a priority for them...if they even launch any buffs this frame. I believe they will because of their score in relation to ours.
Lampedusa area is defenseless for at least part of the frame with no airfield open there.

I would think they would go for our western convoy coming from the south or going south, whichever it is. It is the safest place for bombers and a high point area for them.
It would be riskier for them to attack the the eastern convoy, with the possibility of lots of our fighters nearby.
The above presumes that they still want to try and win. Maybe they feel they can't win the points game, thus they will mass up and engage everything and anything.
My 2 ยข worth anyhow.
<S>

PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2016 7:15 pm 

Horrido!

I am scared!!!!!! Split is starting to sound like a diabolical, sneaky demented, cannon fodder buff puke!!!

I would guess the Allies would:

1) Head north early for a field in Sicily that has a lot of tgts.

2) Try a long run to the west for boats.

3) Sink a lot of our boats north of Malta ( Gums' best guess knowing Hawk-breath, heh heh)

2) They might look for we Axis buffs and shoot down a lot of them as they have been doing.

Closing stuff for us sounds great, but does not pay off this scenario. Look where we got the points and actually done good to destroy Allied ability to move stuff like the real world back then. It was the boats!!! Duhhhh?

The Allies have to come west for our convoy boats or head north. My bet is head north real low and sink boats

We have to look for some good value stuff and keep the Allies from shooting down a lotta LW iron buffs.

The static boats are neat, and the moving ones are really great. We might try for more boats at Malta if we had good intell. Will try to see.

Our LW lites could have folks at F157 to protect our western convoys and sound the alarm. I know this is boring for the lite folks, but a decent CAP at 157 or the other B.S. island siuth of there could help.

++++++++

Gums needs DR or NS to help plan and lead. The old fart has enough stuff to do just to be able to practice and show up.

Herr Gums sends...

"God in your guts, good men at your back, wings that stay on - and Tally Ho!"

PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2016 5:47 pm 

I queried the 4th and we would prefer to remain in fighters. Little or no experience in Axis bombers
Cheers

PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2016 6:04 pm 

Horrido!

NP, 4th. We have more buff pukes than the Allies if DR shows up as last few frames.

My feeling was expressed above along with Split.

The Allies need points and biggest ones are the boats out west, and we have a good field there to patrol and even zoom over north of Malta.

We have other lites that can look for the Knights if they head north to hit static shipping or whatever. Or own buffs have no more moving boats to sink, but there are still static ones that give us points and seem to follow the real scenario 60 years ago.

Herr Gums sends...

"God in your guts, good men at your back, wings that stay on - and Tally Ho!"

PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2016 8:09 pm 

drdart wrote:
Any and all ideas are welcome. I will be waiting for Jabos report on any field closers and BDA reports before final orders are out.

I wasn't able to stick around to the end of frame 3 so I am not sure what else closed, if anything besides F217.

I have 2 volunteers from the 23rd if needed. I might be able to get more if needed....

Sasquatch"
=sqtc=
23rd Fighter Group
CO

"You know you loaded too much fuel only when you see fire" :P

PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2016 8:32 pm 

From reading Jabo's post I believe the convoys will not be an option. (cap'n obvious)

Quote:
[/For Frame 4 the RDF at the northern tip of Malta is down as indicated in the map. All British convoys are now finished and the fight begins at Malta in earnest. The airfield at Lampedusa is closed and unavailable to the Axis. RAF HQ is closed in the center of Malta and its command and control down.

coolon
4th Fighter Group

formerly: -=Night Stalkers=- | 44th FS Vampires | Widowmakers

Search for:
New Topic Post Reply  [ 9 posts ]