Register
Login 
View unanswered posts View active topics  

Delete all board cookies

All times are UTC

New Topic Post Reply  [ 5 posts ] 
Previous topic | Next topic 
PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2016 1:28 pm 

Please regard my comments as feedback not complaints.

Question:
I was unable to find the formation for the bombers to line up behind me at increasing altitude, I think this was a ladder setup. I used CTRL F12 rather than typing in a command. I've previously used this to have their bombs fall somewhat close to mine... all I had last frame was trail where they lined up in a straight line somewhat above and behind me but all of them at the same alt.
Is the Ladder formation (as previously used) available?

The Bomber log in worked as expected, unlike the last few frames when it was not working.

Interface:
Changing loadouts for wingmen did eventually work but did not work like you would think it did.
1) click loadout button
2) change loadout
3) loadout did NOT appear to change
4) click loadout button again and loadout changed at that time.

Mission:

way too much going on to try and zoom the map in close enough to pick individual wingmen and give them orders or arrange them. When you do get to select one you are zoomed in so close that you cannot tell them to fly far enough away ... the scale is too far zoomed in. If you move them to a point, by the time you zoom out and change something they have reached that point and now try to land or some other thing...

you have to be right on top of targets for them to see anything, which means you cannot attack because you are too busy dealing with the wingmen. (flying straight and level thru AAA means you don't live long)

For area bombing I'm sure they work just fine, but with taking out precision targets I haven't found a good way to utilize their bombs. (though perhaps their bombs did more damage than mine.. :) )

These are just a few of my thoughts on what was going on, only meant as comment for reference not a complaint.

Jabo ... I know I know, just let them fly behind you and don't worry about it......but I couldn't resist trying to do something with them.

coolon
4th Fighter Group

formerly: -=Night Stalkers=- | 44th FS Vampires | Widowmakers

PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2016 2:00 pm 

Ahhh sweet temptation, as a moth to a flame.

Jugggo
中佐
Chūsa
Commander
Tainan Kokutai

PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2016 3:05 pm 

Great Feedback Coolon and it has been forwarded on to the powers that be (IEN).

Dobs

PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2016 7:02 pm 
Site Admin

Thanks Coolon, feedback like this is always helpful. With so many issues with the AI its best to let the guys that actually use it figure out the best way to get it to work. Worst thing from a CMs perspective is that the AI dont actually appear in the log except when killed by a player. If they kill an attacking fighter there is no credit in the log or buffer. When they destroy ground objects those objects do not appear to be destroyed in the log or buffer. They are like ghosts until you catch them and bust them.

So far it appears that you just must keep your AI close to you at all times. You may be able to get away with sending them away if you are on a lone mission free from attack but that doesnt happen very often in the S3s. NOE is as reported problematic if you are anywhere near the sea. Easy to say, stay above 300ft but when you are moving and being attacked its more than likely you will be caught below and trapped trying to switch to your wingman now sitting on the sea.

I have see a few guys get the best out of the CA login and AI commands but they are in the minority. Again most still seem to like the multiple lives and stick with it for that reason alone.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2016 7:40 pm 

I've had them attack targets in the past, but they dive down and attack. as Jabo said the things they destroy don't show up so I don't bother. Most of the time we don't have the luxury of making long protracted, multiple pass attacks so the multiple lives are the biggest thing. (other than large formations)

I did get shot down by AA and switched to another before getting peppered by AA and then spitfires... so I did get to live a little longer.

coolon
4th Fighter Group

formerly: -=Night Stalkers=- | 44th FS Vampires | Widowmakers

Search for:
New Topic Post Reply  [ 5 posts ]