New Topic Post Reply  [ 13 posts ]  Go to page
1, 2
 >> Next 
Previous topic | Next topic 
 Post subject: FG2 Frame 4 Summary
PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2016 4:29 am 
Site Admin

http://www.squadselectseries.com - new map, A/C table and summary up

Allies were back to bombing again and it paid off with their support of the FEBA in Holland. T38 was recaptured from the Germans who initially looked to take the airfield at Deelen but bomber support turned the tables. But in the confused battle French CharBs were mistaken for panzers and 4 destroyed by friendly bombs. Later in the frame strikes at T49 stopped the German panzers from counterattacking T38 and eventually they had to retreat and give up German territory to advancing French tanks. RAF bombers even began hitting the Essen area as the Luftwaffe was drawn to the large-scale battle over Holland.

German bombers were not quiet with a long dangerous sortie into the English Channel were expert Ju88 bombers took out 5 supply freighters with one daredevil Ju88 succumbing to the late arrival of RAF fighters. Then the Luftwaffe hit L44 with their second-line Do17s causing heavy damage but unable to locate the tiny RDF emitters until later in the frame. L44 was a very close run affair with last minute attacks by Ju88s, Do17s and heavy Me109s on the last two radar posts coming down to the wire with heavy RAF coverage down low shooting down all attackers.

The day was all RAF with claims of 34 e/a to only a loss of 4 aircraft. Both sides began attacking open areas but the Allies could transfer their forces easier using interior lines of communication and were able to always confront the main Luftwaffe attacks with equal forces. Much of the action was at lower altitudes where the superior Bf109s could not show their advantages and the fast Ju88s could be run down. Still confident that the new Bf109E4s will prove superior, Goering ordered Luftflotte 6 to re-equip with these and destroy the enemy in the final frame.

Allies won Frame 4 with almost double the points of the Luftwaffe. 95 to 46. Allies now lead 268 to 201 having won 3 of the 4 frames played.

Good Luck in frame 5.

Updated Saturday Mar 26

Notes:

1. Bomber pilots claiming they cannot get the CA login. Not sure why. I see it but I didnt choose it to CM. Its available iin the arena now for testing.

2. Only closed fields and all attached targets are destroyed before the frame begins. All other targets are rebuild for the next frame. A PITA in the ETO though as some fields have more targets assigned to them than others.

3. Nerf ball gun complaints are for some reason very common in the ETO when battles centre around the tac fields. That is not a BOG type scenario but either early war or late war tactical. Not sure if its server load or something else.

Post subject: Re: FG2 Frame 4 Summary
PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2016 10:41 am 

Ty jabo for great summaries as always :-).
Just a note: F58 was hit, closed and captured by the Allies, not the luftwaffe. (I don't remember the Axis hitting it after the capture either but might be wrong on that one).

Also <S> to jugggo who was my CO nemesis in frame 4. Axis pilot numbers were only ~2/3 of Allied but you guys sure put up a good fight despite this.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2016 6:58 pm 

34 to 4 points to a serious issue with the guns in this matchup.

Most likely related to the VERY high ping times WB's allows.

It is directly related to rate of fire which points to internet connection problems.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2016 1:50 am 

dawger wrote:

It is directly related to rate of fire which points to internet connection problems.

Almost all fighter kills were gang tackling events from my perspective. A lot of shooting over each other's shoulders at D1, and a lot of assists. Seemed the 109s came down piecemeal frame 4, unlike the on the deck fight to the death brawl last frame with the Fokkers. I had a lot of 109s bounce me (didnt take a ping), but never "locked on".

PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2016 2:08 am 

The Allies closed 38,58 and 49 that evening.

Capt Hawk
CO - The Knights Who Say Ni!

PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2016 2:19 am 

It was a smart move on the Allied's side to put your French pilots in German 109's. Very clever of you.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2016 8:30 pm 

Jabo,
Given some of the comments above, request confirmation of fields that at the beginning of Frame 5 will be closed (all objects destroyed, no flight ops allowed), fields that were captured (operational) and the new front line position. On your map M52 and M65 are marked closed. They were closed in Frame 2 but were not re-attacked in Frame 3 or 4 as far as I know. Shouldn't they re-open? I'm a bit confused (no snide remarks from the peanut gallery).

Side note, link to the FG2 rules "no workie" as of 1624hrs EDT, 24 Mar

Cheers

Muzz
muzz--
Sqn Ldr
past-CO 417 Sqn RCAF
"Supporting Liberty and Justice"
--------------------------------------
Muzz's Maps

PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2016 10:51 pm 

Muzz wrote:
Jabo,
Given some of the comments above, request confirmation of fields that at the beginning of Frame 5 will be closed (all objects destroyed, no flight ops allowed), fields that were captured (operational) and the new front line position. On your map M52 and M65 are marked closed. They were closed in Frame 2 but were not re-attacked in Frame 3 or 4 as far as I know. Shouldn't they re-open? I'm a bit confused (no snide remarks from the peanut gallery).

Cheers

My understanding of the rules is that any field closed at the end of a frame stays closed for the series. At least that is what it said originally.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2016 10:59 pm 

Muzz wrote:

I just looked and the file is not even uploaded. I thought I could just correct a bad link but it's a missing file. We need Jabo to upload it.

<S>

Doc
@doctrdart

PostPosted: Fri Mar 25, 2016 12:23 pm 

-Oskar wrote:
dawger wrote:

Almost all fighter kills were gang tackling events from my perspective. A lot of shooting over each other's shoulders at D1, and a lot of assists. Seemed the 109s came down piecemeal frame 4, unlike the on the deck fight to the death brawl last frame with the Fokkers. I had a lot of 109s bounce me (didnt take a ping), but never "locked on".

There has been an ongoing investigation into ( close to 2 years) guns. There is a definite rate of fire issue. There is also a direct relationship between gun geometry and effectiveness. Just about the only culprit left and one we havent experimented with is allowable ping times/connectivity issues.

Comments about needing to "lock on" to a bandit and spray him to death are further evidence of connection problems driving gun effectiveness issues.

303 's must "score" 8 times as many rounds IN THE SAME DAMAGE PART NUMBER to equal 20 mm results yet 303 's are the most effective caliber in the game. It points to a problem with lost rounds somewhere.

Search for:
New Topic Post Reply  [ 13 posts ]  Go to page
1, 2
 >> Next