1, 2
Previous topic | Next topic 
PostPosted: Wed Feb 03, 2016 6:08 pm 

MuskieZZ

You are correct.

Capt Hawk
CO - The Knights Who Say Ni!

PostPosted: Thu Feb 04, 2016 9:07 am 

Ok I'll take this as slow as possible, so maybe I'll get you to understand what transpired.

A NIKI took the vator off my pony on the deck 2 miles SOUTH of our CV. Two squad mates tried to save my sorry poor piloting a@@ and did the best they could to get his attention and they put some rounds into it. Milliseconds after I bad bailed; said NIKI ditched (I doubt it was intentional); this was SOUTH of our cv in the middle of the ocean. A landing was given on the S6 website that put the pilot at F170. Hence my question why did a safe landing be awarded? He closer to friendly territory than enemy. Strange things have happened to the code when updating in the past. It should've been a ditch, then capture, then kill awarded.

There was another problem with the vator on the pony having the hit box numbers get mumbled in the new update for it and my thoughts are something else got changed in the update.

Now are we on the same page?

PostPosted: Thu Feb 04, 2016 2:07 pm 

yamon- wrote:
Ok I'll take this as slow as possible, so maybe I'll get you to understand what transpired.

A NIKI took the vator off my pony on the deck 2 miles SOUTH of our CV. Two squad mates tried to save my sorry poor piloting a@@ and did the best they could to get his attention and they put some rounds into it. Milliseconds after I bad bailed; said NIKI ditched (I doubt it was intentional); this was SOUTH of our cv in the middle of the ocean. A landing was given on the S6 website that put the pilot at F170. Hence my question why did a safe landing be awarded? He closer to friendly territory than enemy. Strange things have happened to the code when updating in the past. It should've been a ditch, then capture, then kill awarded.

There was another problem with the vator on the pony having the hit box numbers get mumbled in the new update for it and my thoughts are something else got changed in the update.

Now are we on the same page?

This looks like an issue with the log and the way it records things. It is recording dual instances of the same event, one as a kill and the other as a landing. I suspect the bomber GUI interaction as the root cause.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 04, 2016 3:36 pm 

I still don't think the situation is being understood.

So the bomber login let's people flying fighters; that apparently the ditch code isn't working properly, and as long as they are closer to friendly territory than enemy territory; they receive a safe landing/exit away from any airfield/town?

Since I'm in a fighter only squad I haven't tried logging in with the bomber login and fly a fighter.

Am I understanding this right? If so; looks like the code needs massaged then. This is the reason of my question of said problem. Find the answer and get it fixed for the future.

<S>

PostPosted: Fri Feb 05, 2016 4:24 am 
Site Admin

Ok the whole ditch code only applies to airfields. CVs are not static fields and can not be viewed as such. Generally if you ditched in the ocean your odds of surviving are not very good. So lets not talk of CVs and such. It is how close you are to a friendly static field. It has always been a bone of contention about landing in water near your TF and ruled captured. Nothing has changed to reflect otherwise.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 05, 2016 7:57 am 

As I can see from reading the posts in this thread; no one understands the scenario. I am not talking about an Allied plane ditching beside an Allied CV.

Spent the time to check out ditching in the drink in the S3 arena using the fighter login. Ran amcam for the ditch sequence so I can send it to anyone that would like it. I'm not computer savy enough to put it up in the forums.

Took off in Japan flying to approximately where the Allied CV would've been and ditched a Japanese plane about 80 miles from the closest land to Japan. Ditched and very quickly got a forced exit, but I wasn't captured and instead was teleported to the nearest base. In the past in my experience it didn't work like this. Is this the way it's supposed to work now?

Now I'll need repeat the test and get someone to put a couple rounds into me and see if that changes what happens. It is possible a packet or 3 got lost and no hits were recorded, so a ditch wouldn't record a kill, but shouldn't you be captured?

Any takers or are we not interested enough in this phenomenon?

So I guess after all three of us weren't hallucinating from the Malaria we had contracted on that gawd forsaken island we were based on. :mrgreen:

With all due respect it appears something is broken if there is no capture; then possibly no kill will be awarded if you ditch with hits on you. It work as expected in the last series when my brother had hits on him.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 05, 2016 9:52 am 

Personal Opinion Dept.
yamon- wrote:

With all due respect it appears something is broken if there is no capture; then possibly no kill will be awarded if you ditch with hits on you.

I wouldn't find it unusual for a player to report an anomaly in operations of either aircraft or ships during the course of naval operations. Experienced players might even characterize reports of naval malfunctions of one type or another to be "common".

All players need to have confidence that the provisions of the General Rules and individual Series Rules are enforced either by the System or the Janitors, whichever is appropriate.

The original post was offered in a wholly non accusatory fashion, in regard to the pilot involved, in an effort to point out an anomaly which deserves investigation. Something is obviously "broken". Couldn't hurt to report it up the chain to whoever can fix it.

Happy trails...
Wolf
XO 352nd Fighter Group (virtual)

PostPosted: Fri Feb 05, 2016 1:38 pm 

yamon- wrote:
As I can see from reading the posts in this thread; no one understands the scenario. I am not talking about an Allied plane ditching beside an Allied CV.

Spent the time to check out ditching in the drink in the S3 arena using the fighter login. Ran amcam for the ditch sequence so I can send it to anyone that would like it. I'm not computer savy enough to put it up in the forums.

Took off in Japan flying to approximately where the Allied CV would've been and ditched a Japanese plane about 80 miles from the closest land to Japan. Ditched and very quickly got a forced exit, but I wasn't captured and instead was teleported to the nearest base. In the past in my experience it didn't work like this. Is this the way it's supposed to work now?

Now I'll need repeat the test and get someone to put a couple rounds into me and see if that changes what happens. It is possible a packet or 3 got lost and no hits were recorded, so a ditch wouldn't record a kill, but shouldn't you be captured?

Any takers or are we not interested enough in this phenomenon?

So I guess after all three of us weren't hallucinating from the Malaria we had contracted on that gawd forsaken island we were based on. :mrgreen:

With all due respect it appears something is broken if there is no capture; then possibly no kill will be awarded if you ditch with hits on you. It work as expected in the last series when my brother had hits on him.

I am interested but we need to test it in an arena with both logins where I have privileges. Such a place doesn't exist so we are at an impasse.

I will ask SPINDZ about the issue and a way to test it.

Search for:
New Topic Post Reply  [ 18 posts ]  Go to page
 Previous << 
1, 2