Login 
View unanswered posts View active topics  

Delete all board cookies

All times are UTC

New Topic Post Reply  [ 3 posts ] 
Previous topic | Next topic 
 Post subject: Bomber AI pratice?
PostPosted: Mon Nov 30, 2015 11:04 pm 

I need some help--could someone please explain to me how bomber folks are to practice with the AIs on-line?
This weekend, even with the old AIs they were landing on the hill while I was playing in the Main. I hear this talk that the AI's are a great addition to the bomber folks--really--or are the AI's just more targets for the fighter jocks?
Be nice to have a place to practice with them on line with other players!

Salute,
Gofly
AG-8-Doolittle Raiders
Member, Nomads
WBs 2004

Post subject: Re: Bomber AI pratice?
PostPosted: Tue Dec 01, 2015 11:48 am 

At your splash screen .privatearena s3 and then log in. YOu can practice in the s3 arena your bomber flying and ai control.
A couple of things to remember specially in some of these new terrains.
YOur ai will take off in a straight line from the sp point. If your spawn point is off the runway, and you taxi out to the runway, your ai will not. they will take off in a straight line from where they have spawned.
They will continue in their straight take off line until they have completed their take off procedure upon which they will then form with you.
Choosing your spawn point is important. High ground surrounding fields will be an issue if their spawn point is directed at them.
Don't use sharp turns, or flip for your target ina sharp maneuver. YOur ai will not keep up if your flying your aircraft at utmost max throttle and excessive turns. Try level turns from your bombsight. They usually gentle enough for your ai to keep up. Ifthey do drop behind on the turn, throttle back for a bit for them to form back up. I believe that also once they do fall behind past a certain distance they no longer respond well to in flight commands.
It is entirely possible for you to outfly your ai......even fighter guys who get out in front have to throttle back for the rest of their group to play catch up from time to time. If your at max speed and someone is behind you, they cannot catch up either.
Hope this helps
<S>

Post subject: Re: Bomber AI pratice?
PostPosted: Tue Dec 01, 2015 10:41 pm 

First, tks for reply! I had thought we had moved on from using the (.Private stuff) but will give it a try. Sure be nice to have a Sticky that covers "How To's"!
Again TKS

Salute,
Gofly
AG-8-Doolittle Raiders
Member, Nomads
WBs 2004

Search for:
New Topic Post Reply  [ 3 posts ]