New Topic Post Reply  [ 23 posts ]  Go to page
1, 2, 3
 >> Next 
Previous topic | Next topic 
 Post subject: PP Frame 3 Summary
PostPosted: Tue Nov 17, 2015 7:13 pm 
Site Admin

http://www.squadselectseries.com

New map and partial summary up(waiting on S6 to finalize).

The Regia Aeronautica's newest fighter the MC200 Saetta again proved it can dominate the RAFs best over Greece. They claimed 8 of the latest Hurricane IIBs, 6 of the tired Hurricane IAs and an astounding 37 Blenheims for a total of 51 confirmed kills during the nights action. The RAF was hard pressed below 15,000ft to keep up with the hard diving Italian fighter. They managed to claim 9 MC200s, 4 SM79s and 3 Ju87s for a total of 16 during frame 3.

The domination of the MC200 allowed the Italian bombers and stukas to close four fields over several sorties. The main Allied base on Corfu was hit hard with both the field and port being closed by a large group of SM79s. About the same time over the central mountains a group of Hurribombers swept in to close a military base at F118. This was the lone success of the night for the Allies though a heavy attack on 110 was launched earlier and damage done to this important Italian base in the south of Albania.

The Greeks have ordered a pull-back to a more defensible line south of 141 and 142. More RAF fighters continue to be sent from Egypt and the 23rd FG can trade in their tired Hurri Is for the heavier gunned Hurri IIB.

The Italians hold a strong lead from frame 3 mainly because of the huge number of Blenheims that were shot down over the course of the night. It appears that Hitler will not to have to intervene with Mussolini continues to operate his forces so effectively against the Greeks.

Good Luck in Frame 4

Post subject: Re: PP Frame 3 Summary
PostPosted: Tue Nov 17, 2015 9:52 pm 

51 to 16 in kills.

4 bases closed to 1 and that by Hurri bombers.

Do the Italians get credit for the all the AI kills as the Pilots land and the AI "exit" with damage?

I reckon so, as I remember in the past Berlin Raids the AI being unloaded and kills credited...

No way to differentiate that I'm sure for scoring purposes.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 17, 2015 11:35 pm 

7. AI drones - every player that uses an eligable bomber in a frame may take up to 2 wingman and a lead aircraft. To do so they must use the bomber\GV login so they can jump between their drones making them more effective and immersive. All bombers both player flown and AI will have the same damage strength and count the same as regards to points. Proper formations need to be flown while using these AI drones. For take-off it is recommended to put your AI in trail as close as possible so they dont wander. After you are airborne the minimum distance between AI is 100 ft. Players need to be aware of their AI when running formations and try and not stack them against each other. Using slightly different altitudes helps in this overlapping. Any formation deemed to be too clustered will be asked to shake out their seperation a bit. With lag and such it is difficult but pleas try and make your formation look as realistic as possible. All bombers and Ju87s may take drones.

From a GCI seat, the AIs are going down during the attacks on the buffs. There has been no "massive buffer scrolling" with AI kills when folks are landing as has been seen in previous Series at the end of the Frame.

Happy trails...
Wolf
XO 352nd Fighter Group (virtual)

Last edited by dewolf on Wed Nov 18, 2015 12:31 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 18, 2015 12:21 am 

dewolf wrote:
7. AI drones - All bombers both player flown and AI will have the same damage strength and count the same as regards to points.

You are missing the point I believe... They aren't being counted the same.
The AI do not land a damaged plane (that a real pilot could land). IF the AI would land, if able, then the extra AI kill wouldn't be recorded when the real pilot exits his plane after landing.
At least that appears to be what is happening to some.
Kinda like an AI script ending and kills are recorded for damaged AI, which we know happens?

PostPosted: Wed Nov 18, 2015 12:49 am 

The Allies have the same rules when it comes to Axis bombers.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 18, 2015 2:03 am 

I'm not sure how that is supposed make it right, jlordj.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 18, 2015 2:46 pm 

split wrote:

Split, you are absolutely correct. It isn't right. There are far more issues than wounded AI with the new bombers.
Some observations.

- If a buff AI is killed by ack it doesn't get counted
- if a piloted buff gets killed by running into a ship it may or may not get counted. I saw it both ways with me. once I jumped to my wingman and no kill was awarded in the S6 and once I jumped to my wingman and it came up in the buffer and was awarded.
- if a buff AI kills anything, it doesn't get counted. I had a AI take out a moving Freighter and no credit was received. AI buffs are taking out all kinds of field stuff and depending home the log is parsed may or may not be getting counted in the score. This is my biggest issue with the AI. If I go in for a torpedo run and one of my AI hit the ship we (I) get no credit.

Even with these issues, this is still a great addition to the S3! There are still a lot of bugs to work out (they like to land (in the water), get stuck in mountians, drop bombs when you fire a cannon, .....) but without them the S3 is going to be a fighter game. Seven pilots just cant do enough damage to anything to make them a threat.

I guess I have gotten to the point where I don't look at the score anymore. When was the last time the final score was posted? I just fly and try to do what I can to blow stuff up.

<S!>
MuskyZ
Newest member of the 4th

No bastard ever won a war by dying for his country. He won it by making the other poor dumb bastard die for his country.
George S. Patton

PostPosted: Wed Nov 18, 2015 3:24 pm 

MuskyZ
I concur wholeheartedly with what you say.
AI are a good addition overall, even with the flaws we have now...all I want is to make them more real world and if we don't discuss these issues they will be left by the wayside. I take no sides as there are no sides on this issue from my perspective.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 18, 2015 3:40 pm 

split wrote:

I was referring to Dobs's question split.

"Do the Italians get credit for the all the AI kills as the Pilots land and the AI "exit" with damage?"

Whatever flaws the AI's have, right or wrong, both sides are laboring under them. There is no advantage bestowed upon either side.

For my part, I saw many bombers, mostly AI's, shot down while the "real pilot" was still flying.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 18, 2015 4:52 pm 

Last frame I was flying a Ju87 trying to get my wingmen to do something...
they all ended up hitting the ground or landing on the ground...??

I got jumped by hurricanes low, lost my elevator right away...got shot down then transferred to an ai sitting on the ground. Tried to take off but was seal clubbed on the ground (rightly so) got switched to another AI sitting on the ground and once again seal clubbed :) but this time I was fortunate enough to exit the plane and was captured instead of killed.

Obviously needs work, but it's good to see things happening.

coolon
4th Fighter Group

formerly: -=Night Stalkers=- | 44th FS Vampires | Widowmakers

Search for:
New Topic Post Reply  [ 23 posts ]  Go to page
1, 2, 3
 >> Next