Register
Login 
View unanswered posts View active topics  

Delete all board cookies

All times are UTC

New Topic Post Reply  [ 8 posts ] 
Previous topic | Next topic 
PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2015 8:20 pm 

After receiving several pkr files it has been discovered that the acmcam recordings only show default skins for all ac. It has also been discovered that the limitations of acmcam were exceeded causing mass warping of of most ac on the videos. I will attempt to glean what I can from those, but I am not too hopeful. It therefore is decided that we schedule another run through with FRAPS. I am attaching a script that I believe will accomplish the desired look that I am wanting to achieve, as well as that of others. Whoever flies the 4 ship will have to have FRAPS or similar running full 1080p quality.
CO's please post your best time for doing this again. We will choose a date time when the majority can attend. Also who within your squads has FRAPS and is willing to use it.

PappyB Missing Man Script

CMEYE/FRAPS view- scene 1 – cam positions locked not following any ac. For the duration of
all scenes the 4 ship will be approx D4 ahead of Main body. All cams will be positioned in a
manner that they do not show the horizon break of the map edge unless a different field is
used.

Cam 1 – Top of tower as 4-ship and main body pass on takeoff (45 degree angle towards launch). Cam
off when last flight passes.

Cam 2 – On runway halfway down tarmac (must be low and in runway) facing flight as it launches.
Continues facing the oncoming ac as they pass over until all ac have launched. (level shot down middle
of runway) Cam off when last flight passes.

Cam 3
– Same position as cam 2 facing direction of rotation. (level shot down middle of runway) Cam off
10 seconds after last ac passes.

Cam 4
– Follows 4 ship from launch (slightly ahead/angled view over left shoulder). Stopping when 4
ship leaves tarmac. Holds position to catch Main body as it launches. Cam off when last flight passes.

Scene 2 – (back stretch) cam positions fluid (All flights should be in formation and not spread
out no more than D4 separation between groups.) back stretch of flight plan along edge of
map.

Cam 1 – At a distance that allows entire Main body in view (cam is on edge of map side while main body
passes R to L), Pappyb ship breaks from group and rises above. Cam view remains on Main body but still
captures Pappyb. Cam off 20 seconds after Pappyb flight returns to formation.

Cam 2
– On Pappyb ship thru breakaway and ascent. Left rear at a angle following view. Cam off when
pappyb ac stalls

Cam 3 – Stays with 3 ship from front looking back. 4 ship should fill screen from left to right. Pappyb ac
breaks, ascends and go’s off screen. Cam off 10 seconds after Pappyb ac goes off screen.

Cam 4 – (a 5th cam may be needed for this shot) Pappyb flight cockpit. Looking forward as ac rotates 90
degrees Left. Looks over left shoulder catching Main body passing underneath from right to left wing. Cam
off when flight becomes unstable.

Pappyb ac rejoins 4 ship.

Scene 2b – Second Pappyb ascent.

Cams 1-4 – (this will be a hard shot, so between 4 cams we should get it) Above 4 ship focused on
Pappyb. As Pappyb breaks and climbs cam stays ahead of Pappyb (nose shot) as it rises and rotates 90
degrees left revealing the Main body below. Pappyb ac should fill center third of screen. Cam off when
Pappyb stalls. If we have an in cockpit fraps cam this can be achieved easily with an external view.

Pappyb ac rejoins 4 ship.

Scene 3 – Cam positions fluid. Right turn off back stretch

Cam 1 – Right of 4-ship, all 4 in view. Recording begins 10 seconds before right turn off of back stretch
and ends 10 seconds after turn is complete. Cam off. Be aware of map edge and keep lower part of screen above the break.

Cam 2 – On inside of right turn off back stretch. Cam is stationary looking into turn. Captures all ac as
they make the right turn. This is shot close to the edge of the group showing ac detail. Cam off when last
ship passes.

Cam 3 – Ahead of 4 ship in turn positioned so Main body passes around (front to back) as it makes its
turn off back stretch. Move as necessary to be surrounded by passing ships. Cam off when last ship
passes.

Cam 4 – Same as Cam 3 allowing ships to pass back to front. Cam off 10 seconds after last ship passes.

Scene 4 – Final stretch before dog leg.

Cam 1 – Close up on Pappyb ac revealing call sign. Cam off after 10 seconds.

Cam 2 – Fly thru rear of Main body slightly faster than the Group. Weave thru without passing thru any
ac. Exiting the lead group before the dog leg turn. Cam off when thru group.

Cam 3 – Stationary above and ahead of group looking down. Close enough to see detail, but far enough to capture
all ships as they pass and go off screen before dog leg. Cam off when final ship passes.

Cam 4 – Same as Cam 3 but below and looking up. Cam off when final ship passes.

Scene 5 – Final ascent

Same as scene 2 but over Field 34.

Scene 6 – Landing

Cams 1, 3 and 4 take same positions as scene 1 facing end of runway as ac land.

Cam 2 – Directly above runway where ac will be touching down. Cam off when last ship passes.

Scene 6 will not be used in the Memorial video but will be used on a later project.

Lt Col Kelly "Screaming Alpha"
Virtual 4th Fighter Group

PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2015 11:22 am 

Hi Kelly,

I wish we had known this was a movie production from the beginning.

Let's treat this like a real world production.

Pick your location. Greece is a beautiful terrain but the map edge is an issue. I am assuming you want a coastal field with some mountains and a view of a setting sun.

I will poke around and see what I can see.

I am more than willing to script the production for you. What can be done?

Position of the sun via game date and time for your shots.

I can also do remote spawn points and a countdown to spawn time script that will result in each group spawning in order flying at altitude and speed towards any selected point. The groups then need only form up.

If we take your script and story board into a series of scenes we can build the scenes and just run the scenes in several takes to get what you want.

The scripts are easy to write and I can make them easy for you to use so you have complete control.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2015 6:58 pm 

Sunsets and sunrises, with some nice clouds always looked great when I set up scenarios back in the day.
Also agree there might be a better location than the map edge.
Very nice turnout the other night, quite an honor for pappyb!

PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2015 9:52 pm 

Thanks Dawger, I do need the setting sun on water. Nice reds and golds on clouds. If you can do it I'll take it. If not I can add it in with vegas movie studio. Spawning would be a big help. We can discuss it on TS when you have time.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 15, 2015 2:28 am 

Kelly wrote:
Thanks Dawger, I do need the setting sun on water. Nice reds and golds on clouds. If you can do it I'll take it. If not I can add it in with vegas movie studio. Spawning would be a big help. We can discuss it on TS when you have time.

All easily done. I can Teamspeak or Skype anytime after tomorrow. Flying all day tomorrow.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 15, 2015 12:39 pm 

dawger wrote:
Kelly wrote:

All easily done. I can Teamspeak or Skype anytime after tomorrow. Flying all day tomorrow.

I will get on TS tonight (WED). Anybody who wants to discuss this issue is welcome. Use Channel "Pappyb Discussion". PW: pappyb

PostPosted: Wed Jul 15, 2015 2:12 pm 

Don't know how far your going on the video, but if your going to add music, it and awesome song.

I'd like to suggest...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6nhLWBf6lS0

Group - Bliss song - Wish You Were Here

I wish you were here - lyrics

like waves to the shore
part of the ocean
the stars high above
part of the sky

now I drift to you
I dream of a river
a water so blue
wish I could live there

like the air that I breathe
You'll always be there
the wings that I need
when I wanna fly

now I drift to you
I dream of a river
a water so blue
wish I could live there

wish you were here..
wish you were here..

like waves to the shore
part of the ocean
the stars high above
part of the sky

now I drift to you
I dream of a river
a water so blue
wish I could live there

wish you were here..
wish you were here..

I feel it very appropriate for a tribute such as this. It might just be me though. Ya showing my softer side.

FWIW

PostPosted: Wed Jul 15, 2015 3:56 pm 

Kelly wrote:
dawger wrote:
Kelly wrote:

I will get on TS tonight (WED). Anybody who wants to discuss this issue is welcome. Use Channel "Pappyb Discussion". PW: pappyb

I will try to get on about 8:30 pm central

Search for:
New Topic Post Reply  [ 8 posts ]