1, 2
 >> Next 
Previous topic | Next topic 
 Post subject: CTK Frame 4 Orders
PostPosted: Sat Dec 14, 2013 2:22 am 

Edits

<S> Comrades.

I'm looking forward to see how this plays out. The plan:

Our main targets will be Field 181, the port arty and shipping nearby, and the port, industry, shipping and tanks near 182. I expect the axis to aim for 190 and we'll try and stop them. The gamble I'm taking is leaving 25 uncovered. We'll see how that goes. All fighter groups should be prepared for some ground pounding. If the risk/reward looks reasonable ports, shipping and tanks tank and truck units are on the menu. Maybe 184!

Fields:
Nomads/Nightstalkers (2 steps): Pe2, field 190
DRs/B (3 steps): Pe2, field 25

DRs/F (1 step): Choice of ride, Field 262
23rd (3 steps): Choice of ride, Fields 230/20
AE (1 step): Choice of ride, Field 190
4th (3 steps): Choice of ride, Field 200/235
RCAF (2 steps): Choice of ride, Field 178

At T=0, 23rd and 4th FGs roll and grab directly to their yellow shaded patrol zones Cover our strikes near 182/295 and look out for axis strikes/sweeps, particularly from the SW .

AE and RCAF, you will be the diversion. Head north and move into their dar heading west like a strike, then move S to the 4th's patrol zone. Keep an eye out for their strikes on the way.

I'd like a constant fighter presence over the front so we'll try and stagger refueling for the FGs. The distances will make that harder.

Nomads, I'd like you to make a quick hit into the 182 /295 area ASAP to try and draw attention that way. you'll have cover S of you. Stay safe! Just blow something up to get the LW's attention. The shipping SW of 295 is probably your best choice.
NS, take out the DAR at 181, and as much AAA as you can to prep for the Raiders. Take a shot at the FR14 shipping SW of 298 on the way out if you can.
After that we'll see how things shape out. Hit the ships at 295, port and industry at 182, or if that areas hot, a longer run on the shipping in 5,1, or 184 and port.

Raiders: Hit 181. I'm giving you the mossie for its speed over bomb load. If you prefer you can use the mitchell. When you go feet wet on the way to target sing out and I'll send cover. I will have you circle at some point to allow the Stalkers to kill the DAR. Hopefully our activity along the front will keep the axis attention diverted that way. On the way out, scout and strafe the shipping SW of 298. The port, arty and ships are your 2ndry targets if you can close 181 on the first sortie.

General Comments: Operating altitude is at the group CO's discretion, however, I don't don't see much point in operating over 10,000' except to gain some ground speed. The 109 owns the upper airspace and our best scenario is getting them down in the weeds where our planes are designed to operate.

The DAR circles on Jabos map are half as big as they should be (20m radius not 10). My map is correct. (I think??)

Like I said, we'll see how this plays out. I'll be running global GCI such as we have coverage for, for at least the first half of the frame.

CU SUNDAY <S>

Last edited by -zippy on Sat Dec 14, 2013 6:28 pm, edited 5 times in total.

Post subject: Re: CTK Frame 4 Orders
PostPosted: Sat Dec 14, 2013 3:35 am 

Nomads copy.

The ack at the port and such near F16 is brutal, so we may lose more to ack than to enema lites.

So we'll do our best and hope to sink some boats there before the ack gets us.

Gums sends...

"God in your guts, good men at your back, wings that stay on - and Tally Ho!"

PostPosted: Sat Dec 14, 2013 6:39 am 

Zippy hitting the boats at 16 does nothing but create a distraction. They yield no points since they are static, they are just so many more objects to destroy for a closure. The shipping for points are the AI ships in the areas marked on the map FR/13 and so on.

Looking at the overall orders I was thinking about volunteering for some hazardous pay. What if I took a small element and went after the radar array and building at 181. If successful we would open quite a free lane for the raiders coming up from the SE. It would have to be timed correctly but I think it may be possible.

Colonel mt-dew
Commanding Officer
-=Night Stalkers=-
"If you see us, it's already too late"

PostPosted: Sat Dec 14, 2013 2:56 pm 

Sorry Gums, I was a bit vague. The shipping I was referring to is the FR13 group SW of 295 not the static objects in the port. If the AAA is really nasty at 16 avoid it for the first quick hit. I just want you to blow something up to get the enemas attention but stay safe. Is the AAA coming from 16 or the fortfication at 148? Perhaps ack suppression first trip?

Dew, Yes! Do it! Taking out the 181 dar before the strike would be huge. Can you take out the dar at 184 simultaneously? :-D (Give me an inch.....) I'll coordinate the Raiders to keep them clear of the dar until its down. On the way out, hit the shipping (FR14) SW of 298 if you're clear and still have ord.

Thanks Guys. <S>

PostPosted: Sat Dec 14, 2013 3:36 pm 

-zippy wrote:
Can you take out the dar at 184 simultaneously?

Without help I cannot commit to both radars. Problem with 184 is there is a 40mm that sits very close to the array and hut. My plan would be for one very fast pass with 4 500s going out per a/c on that pass. I would need another a/c and pilot to shoot that 40mm there. Without the MFs flying with us we just don't have the strike guys left.

Colonel mt-dew
Commanding Officer
-=Night Stalkers=-

PostPosted: Sat Dec 14, 2013 3:49 pm 

Salute!

Yeh, Zipper, was hoping that would be the tgt.

The acks at the F16 area are back up, and there's two 88's by the port - one on north end and one on the peninsula south of the port. Those sucvkers can reach out and touch you! Think 4 miles or more.

We'll look at the 295 area, but if we are buzing around in Mossies versus holding st-and-level using the Nord, we might be able to contribute.

Remember, we can't hit the "light" coastal defense tgts with twin-engine planes. So's we gotta pay our money and take our chances. Hopefully, the boats will be 4 or 5 miles off the coast.

Gums sends...

PostPosted: Sat Dec 14, 2013 4:55 pm 

I had to ask Dew. Thanks. I'll tweak the orders.

<S>

PostPosted: Sat Dec 14, 2013 5:40 pm 

If we are undetected (and that's a huge if) that I plan to drop on the radar at 181 just prior to T+21. If the DRs leave from 25 their distance to entering radar at 181 is 100 miles. If they fly at 100% no WEP than they are 22 minutes to the dar coverage. If they fly with boost 1 (60 min WEP) than they are 19+ minutes from coverage.

Colonel mt-dew
Commanding Officer
-=Night Stalkers=-

PostPosted: Sat Dec 14, 2013 6:52 pm 

Salute!

O.K., Nomads will delay takeoff about 10 minutes to arrive within the DAR circle o/a frame time T + 23. and then begin the hunt.

Gums sends...

PostPosted: Sat Dec 14, 2013 10:44 pm 

DR will attack 181 in Mossies - Will break DAR approx. T+22.

Flight Plan https://www.dropbox.com/s/xxpq5rt8sf6d8ns/drframe4.jpg

Green line in, red line out.

~S~
-noflyz

Search for:
New Topic Post Reply  [ 16 posts ]  Go to page
1, 2
 >> Next