Login 
View unanswered posts View active topics  

Delete all board cookies

All times are UTC

New Topic Post Reply  [ 7 posts ] 
Previous topic | Next topic 
 Post subject: Frame 2 CO AAR
PostPosted: Mon Nov 25, 2013 9:57 pm 

Comrads I blame myself for a poor showing. I had mentioned in the preliminary orders(or maybe "Frame 2 thoughts")
that we should be attacking with NOE trips to tgt area. Alas, most ignored this, plus I think they realized we would again
hit southern TGTS and were ready. Also saw a few gold players switching from red to gold about 3 mins before T+0
could it be???
I had poor comm with the DRs, but assumed (hehe) they coordinated with Nomads. Lites had no TOT from them, but we all knew
the Nomads would be over tgts at T+30-34.With everyone launching at T+0, the DRs were way ahead of the lites.
Our biggest obstacle, though was the enemy flooding the area early and our lites being in the stratosphere with a/c designed for low level work.
This fact allowed Dew and his crew to switch to 141 area and help there. By fefueling at F17, they were able to close F259 on second sortie.WTG.
Sorry for the poor showing guys, then my "puter acted up about 40 mins before frame end and I had to go reboot. When I got back in, we had very
few gold pilots left and I still couldn't type, so I left.
Thanks to jabo and crew for giving us a HUGE challenge.
Have a Happy Thanksgiving all.

pappyb
CO 4th FG
http://echoesmarketing.com/4thfg/

Post subject: Re: Frame 2 CO AAR
PostPosted: Tue Nov 26, 2013 12:09 am 

All wars are fought always on the far edge of the map. All battle plans no mater how maticulaus or long they took to make are thrown into the trash on day two as irrelevent.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 26, 2013 1:21 am 

The orders seemed okay to me, 127 VVS saw so many aircraft attacking 193 and 21 we figured we could close 141 with little opposition.

CO Beaver
RCAF 417 (II/Wing 127)
City of Windsor

PostPosted: Tue Nov 26, 2013 2:41 am 

Pappy I'll take some of that responsibility last night.

I lead the 4th last night and was bound and determined to find a way to get those Yaks to fly with the 109s high. On the bright side we stayed tight and could fly at 30k. Problem was the 109s seemed like they were at 40k. So we tried baiting the 352/JGs but they have been their done that seen it before.

So we stayed up North until it was evident that we needed to help down south. We sent a 4 ship down from 30k to help get the Nomads out but the 109s were all over and we egressed east - rinse repeat to no avail.

Then 17 was getting clobbered up North and we were down South. Flew North to RTB Fuel/Ammo and by then 17 cleared out. We chased our tails all night. I even typed on channel I don't have a clue how to fight the 109s and told the 4th to stand down.

I hope you buff guys can cut us some slack. I saw some hard feelings on comms which I can understand with all the frustration due to the losses and not much help from the 4th.

So a bunch of 4thmen stayed on TS to come up with a concept for next Frame. We would like to work out a plan with the Buffs to split all the fighters up with all the buffs. Do multiple gorilla attacks low level. We could combine a 4 ship of yaks or P39s with say (2) B25s and that team would stay together during the Frame. Perhaps we could get 10-15 decent strike groups and with some good timing hit different targets at the same time/different times and make the Big Wing come down to us. If the Big Wing does happen to come down they are going to have to pick off one of our small strike groups and the rest are free to attack at will at other locations.

Its the same thing I think Bluzoo was talking about. I still think the 109s will kick our butts at low alt but we will be playing the way the Russians did and hopefully get into the spirit of what the series is about. I think we need to throw the points aside this series and have fun and play the way the Russians did. The ack and targets will still be really tough on us at low alt.

2 Bits -light

-light
XO 4th Fg

PostPosted: Wed Nov 27, 2013 4:11 pm 

Sorry I wasn't there to support you guys. TS was causing havoc with my Saitek X52pro. All my button presses were registering as multiple key presses. I ended up doing a clean install of Win7 and WB's. Interestingly enough Windows installed quicker than WarBirds :/ . Anyway, it was time for a fresh system, and I am glad I did it. Despite that, I did figure out how to fix the issue should anybody else experience odd key presses with their sticks. In TS3 go to "Settings", "Options", "Hotkeys". In the lower right corner, just above the "Apply" button is a drop down menu. Set that to "Keyboard & Mouse Only" then click "Apply". Why it makes a difference I cannot say. All I know is "Default" does not work. It wouldn't hurt if everybody changed this setting. It will have no affect on your controls. Changing it may resolve some issues you didn't know you had. The first issue I had before it got really bad was clicking the map button was like a double click. I will repost this under a new thread for the rest of the forum.
Salute all!

Lt Col Kelly "Screaming Alpha"
Virtual 4th Fighter Group

PostPosted: Wed Nov 27, 2013 5:02 pm 

take him to gulag in siberan wasteland comrades and let him eat borscht.
:lol:

PostPosted: Wed Nov 27, 2013 11:22 pm 

Nyet! Let him watch the guards eat borsch! ;)

Muzz
muzz--
Sqn Ldr
past-CO 417 Sqn RCAF
"Supporting Liberty and Justice"
--------------------------------------
Muzz's Maps

Search for:
New Topic Post Reply  [ 7 posts ]