Login 
View unanswered posts View active topics  

Delete all board cookies

All times are UTC

New Topic Post Reply  [ 3 posts ] 
Previous topic | Next topic 
 Post subject: 23rd AAR
PostPosted: Mon Nov 25, 2013 8:45 pm 

I know Htman been busy with work, so from memory I'll try and submit a report.
23rd divided up between 19 and 10. Rolled about 14 pilots, orders, 21/193 area and cover buffs,attack,kill ,maim etc. Flew direct to 9.1 cross and formed up and moved out on a 270 heading to midpoint tween 193/21. Climbing toward our objective we went level at 16k and went 100 T to get there as quick as could. Several miles from 21 we get reports DR's are doors open and dropping over 21. Arrived over them on their egress, scraping several 352nd off them and fought them eastward downing approx. 5 of them, losing bout 5 of ours, most notably Tod and Juice going down. Rtb'd an counted noses. Refueled, reupped, and again proceeded to 9.1 to form the group up, got reports Dr's again to our east near 250 and covered up in cons, asked to help out we gathered the guys with a quickness and proceeded, again, only to scrape more 352nd off the dr's ditching at 250, again losing several and shooting down some and fought a eastward retreat until clear of the area. Not enough of us left to worry about steps at a field with us rtb'in to 10 to refuel and rearm ( or perhaps this was our 3rd sorte?)
At any rate, I also remember ( perhaps this is the 2nd sorte) being straightarmed north of 250 and hearing reports of gums and crew being doors open over 21 and the dr's at the 5.0 box east of 21 noe? miles away, and no way to get there, again trading blows with the enema in our p-39's and fighting retreats.
At any rate, went toe to toe, face to face with the 352nd trading blows and bloodying each others noses, leaving few survivors on both sides.
I think we might have gone about 11 kills for 11 losses.
Strikes all down, our ranks decimated, we stood down for the night.

Post subject: Re: 23rd AAR
PostPosted: Mon Nov 25, 2013 9:07 pm 

AE never managed to get over the prime target 21 all night. Not for lack of trying. How big is the 352nd these days anyway. Thought with two big squads 4 @23 on our side we might be fighting to west of target. That never happened.

Had to laugh though in end, thought 352nd going to nail some of our bases in their 109s with just besea and I around to apose them. Instead they went after a tank regiment and we knew that was going to be a lengthy , futile affair for them and save some of our bases. And it was, In hind sight I wonder if it wasn't just a ploy to get our fighter responce into a furball like 352 always initiates right at end of day, and the tanks weren't all that important to them.

Post subject: Re: 23rd AAR
PostPosted: Mon Nov 25, 2013 9:39 pm 

dunno how big a furball that would have been with us shooting down bout 10 of em....

Search for:
New Topic Post Reply  [ 3 posts ]