Login 
View unanswered posts View active topics  

Delete all board cookies

All times are UTC

New Topic Post Reply  [ 2 posts ] 
Previous topic | Next topic 
PostPosted: Sat Nov 23, 2013 4:29 pm 

JABO.

I HAVE FOUND THE ATTACK POINTS OF A 500 POUND GP BOMB DO NOT MEET THE REQUIREMENTS AS NOTED IN S3 CHART "OT CLASS DAMAGE" TABLE 2.

THIS GREATLY EFFECTS THE BOMBERS ATTACK ABILITY AND SEVERLY EFFECTS TACTICAL CAPABILITY OF 109/ P39 FIGHTER TYPES

S/B 1173 DAMAGE/ATTACK POINTS for the 500lb GP bomb. (For comparision two 100kg (220 lb ) gp bombs have 1032 damage points.)

Today when testing target destruction LA5F vs P39Q it was discovered it took half again or almost double the bomb weight to destroy the same target with a 500 lber vs 2 x 100kg bombs.

example 1:
CB CARRIER (TRUCK) Target takes ( 10 ) sorties to close with LA5F using 2 100kg bombs. This is 10,320 attack points against this 200 defence point target to close. (already indicated this target hardness anomaly in previous post)
By comparison the P39Q dropping a 500 lber takes ( 15 ) sorties or 17,595 attack points to kill the same target.

this is a 42% increase of bomb power required by the larger 500 lbers to kill the same target.

example 2:
AD AMMO DUMP: Defence points 1500:
LA5F dropping 2x 100kg GP bombs ( 1032 attack points ) takes two sorties to destroy one dump. 1500 defence vs 2064 attack points. This is proper.
P39Q dropping 1 x 500 lb GP bomb. ( 1173 attack points ) takes four sorties to destroy one dump. 1500 defence vs 4692 attack points. This indicates how far off the bomb is miss modeled.

The target should easily gone down with two sorties by the P39Q as well. At 2346 attack points almost 300 extra to spare over the 100 kg. and almost double the pts required to destroy the target.

Is there some way we can correct this discreapancey before sundays event.

P.S. I've noticed this problem for some time now in main arena. However I'd not done comparative tests to the S3 chart till this time and with other ordinance as I was unaware the chart existed. It may be something who ever is in charge there should fix too.
Thanks again Gumms for putting me on some of this good info.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 23, 2013 7:30 pm 
Site Admin

Sorry about wasting your time bluzoo.
I was away and Dan Hammer updated the terrain with field fixes ASAP. I wasnt around to check on the weapons files being loaded.
Basically I think you were using the MA object and weapons files for your testing.

I have put the S3 ones into the server this morning and tested them around 2pm Eastern.
The trucks or carrier class are now easy to strafe down.
The tanks or weapons class take a near miss with a 500lber or 250kg to destroy.
Metal bridges and wooden docks or dock class take two 250kg to destroy.
Stone bridges or rock class and pontoon bridges or pontoon class I didnt have time to test but should be inline with the charts on the S3 site.

Again its easy for a CM to test because he can hover directly over the target and drop a bomb right on it. I appreciate players doing their own tests that are more real event or real world because its difficult to get direct hits.

J

Search for:
New Topic Post Reply  [ 2 posts ]