Login 
View unanswered posts View active topics  

Delete all board cookies

All times are UTC

New Topic Post Reply  [ 4 posts ] 
Previous topic | Next topic 
 Post subject: AE'S Frame 3 T'S AAR
PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2014 2:17 pm 

As my original plan was to hold Carrier cap til. T+30 ..I rolled 2 AE'S at t+0 for anti scout mission. It soon dawned on me the Dar range of the CV's was very limited only 2 miles..so I launched another pair.to patrol the western approach to CV's while I stayed on ready alert..Jaco then moved the CV's to the 4.1.5. Grid...so I re called my patrols to land shorty before my intended launch time of T+30...
Last pilot trapped on deck when reports of 12+ zero's hitting our shipping in the 5.1.5. Grid. 20 miles to our East...we scrambled at once only grabbing to 5k in alt as we hustled to the smoke on the horizon. .The 4th was right along side us as we encountered low zero's heading west. AE'S & 4th engaged these zero's..A few of these Zero's excaped.. The 4th & AE'S rtb to re arm..
We launched for our Carrier grabbing alt..AE'S took up High cap as the 4th stayed low cap..SW of our CV's. We encountered 12+ zero's . Playing cat n mouse trying to get them to lose some alt. They just didn't want to play staying at alt..With 10 minutes fuel remaining. I ordered AE'S to rtb...on final approach ack at CV's be gain firing ..we all aborted our landing and engaged many low Betty's and Zero's..a long with the 4th..we was able to get many of the attacking aircraft. .In a very hectic mêlée. .AE'S lost 2. Pilots in this fight both were due to collisions ..now out of fuel & gas we trapped..
Relaunching remaining AE'S. .we patrolled over the CV's. .only encountering 8+ zero's at maximum alt..but they didn't want to play staying at alt. .AE'S stayed on patrol til end of frame..

AE'S can confirm 7 kills 10 asst..for 2 lost frame's.
Heaven= 2 Betty zero kia collision
Ozzone =2 betties
Bluzoo=1 zero. Kia collision
Besea= 2 betties
Ppepp= 1 zero but uncomfirmed

Will haft to wait til S6 scoring but possible another kill or us..but can't confirm at this time..

thanks to the 4th you're assistance was very valuable to the success of keeping our CV's afloat and Un touché
Thanks
WEIS. was another fun filled frame for us..

Also getting to CO'S on T'S really does pay in big dividends. .that should be a most before every frame..

Besea

C.O. American Eagles
besea@cox.net

Post subject: Re: AE'S Frame 3 T'S AAR
PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2014 4:07 pm 

Great Job AEs!

Smart to rotate hot deck status (maybee standard procedure but that's Fighter stuff that I dont normally pay attention to :) )

It was good to see the scores rolling up, well done.

coolon
4th Fighter Group

formerly: -=Night Stalkers=- | 44th FS Vampires | Widowmakers

PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2014 9:45 pm 

Excellent, excellent work at the CV's guys! Seem like you guys had a full 3.5 hours of excitement! Sure beats wasting time boring holes in the air!

PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2014 2:06 am 

Sure noticed zero pilots flying smarter this frame.. Perhaps a bit too cautious but non the less kept their altitude and initiative through most of it. Made the F4's have to use good joint pilot tactics and communitation to stay alive. Noticed that in film of 352nd engagement. Could have been much worse for blue noses except for their close support for each other.

Thinking maybe next frame zeros will maintain alt and be more sure of themselves being more aggressive. Notice they still haven't used pair tactics and flew as individuals. Our savior.
Their biggest problem was they weren't in good enough coordination with attack groups and pretty much left them to the wolves down low.

Search for:
New Topic Post Reply  [ 4 posts ]