Login 
View unanswered posts View active topics  

Delete all board cookies

All times are UTC

New Topic Post Reply  [ 3 posts ] 
Previous topic | Next topic 
 Post subject: Frame 3 aar
PostPosted: Mon Oct 07, 2019 3:48 am 

First part of the frame we did good overall, repelling the invasion. Shot enough ju52's down that the remnants flew in circles disoriented. :lol:
We did lose too many airframes though and unfortunately the next sorties were all scattered around with no protection with any numbers. However, If
we would have formed up they would have had time to steam roll over our locations faster.
They human piloted troops to F6 to get it. Congrats to all who worked over and closed F6. They parked 2 fighters otd to cap f6, but it didn't work.
Their 5 location chain was broken closing 6. Sleepy snuck in and finished off 32 and then closed 78 as well towards the end. Thanks sleepy!
I just wish everyone followed the orders out the gate and went straight to Dover. I don't believe we would have lost as many airframes right away.
Anyhow, The ONLY way the Axis get a win for the series is having 5 locations in a chain at Frame 5 end, ie nothing of ours open for use in-between. At least that is the way I understand it. It can be a bulge inland or along the coast.
Next Frame for whoever leads:
They closed 19,33,34,35,37,68 but not captured. That means they have to hit it again, but it is very easy to kill the few defenses, before they capture them.
We should troop 32,78,89 for sure towards end of frame, of course the may well need hit before troops arrive as well. Will try to clarify.
Bombers closing their captures next frame would be prudent.
They will have NO bombers available from 18, which is the only field they have on our island.
Hitting radar at f1 would be smart to blind them over England. Their bombers/troopers have to be flown from across the water.
I'm not CO'ing next frame. But I believe I'll fly at this point.
Thanks to all who sacrificed 3 airframes, it sucks though I know. It isn't as bad as it seems for us to win the series, but the fun factor is lacking some.
The biggest bug up my butt is that whoever is responsible for setting the sides needs shot. 2 Large squads with very capable pilots and each squad talking amongst themselves gives them a very large benefit. Maybe we all should get on one team speak channel? Just a thought. Of course we don't fly together to anticipate what the other Allieds do like the 4th and 352 do though.
Just my thoughts.
<S>

Post subject: Re: Frame 3 aar
PostPosted: Thu Oct 10, 2019 2:49 am 

We should troop 32,78,89 for sure towards end of frame, of course the may well need hit before troops arrive as well. Will try to clarim

tHAT IS INCORRECT, IF WE JUST BOMB THEM WE ARE THE ONLY ONES WHO CAN CAPTURE THEM. IF WE don't bomb then they will reopen as what they were, if we bomb 32 the LW cannot capture i as the rules so state. If they captured 78 & 89 wr will have to bomb them as well, but if we capture, the LW can close them and capture them in 1 frame.

CO Beaver
RCAF 417 (II/Wing 127)
City of Windsor

Post subject: Re: Frame 3 aar
PostPosted: Thu Oct 10, 2019 4:28 am 

I agree, guess I didn't describe the situation properly.
I suspect there will be few light ack/targets for us at the fields we closed, just like the Germans.
Sleepy flew down and closed 78. Not 89 though, my mistake. He did finish off 32 as well.

We really need to capture 32 and 78 at some point later in the frame so as to lessen the chance of them closing it again. Need to sneak in there.
If we can't stop them grabbing territory, we can try and slow them down all the while having some bombers running noe with targets of 18 and 89. Launching bombers from the SW fieldsand N would keep them out of sight then pop in time to bomb and live.

Our radar coverage sucks this frame. From what I can tell we have one radar North that stops short of 68/34/35.
LW radar will just cover 19 and 34 but stop short of 35, until they capture 68, and they surely will.

The whole series depends upon the Germans capturing and holding 5 consecutive locations at the END of frame 5. We can disrupt this by closing select locations along the way. Oh, those 5 locations can be a bulge with no interfering Allied location.

I thinking about doing some bombing again in Frame 4.

Search for:
New Topic Post Reply  [ 3 posts ]