Login 
View unanswered posts View active topics  

Delete all board cookies

All times are UTC

New Topic Post Reply  [ 2 posts ] 
Previous topic | Next topic 
 Post subject: F97 F98 Intel
PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2018 8:43 pm 

First graphic depicts enemy ack ivo F99. I tested on line, and it is possible to launch from the west spawn point and climb away low to the east. All four of F98s 88mm batteries as well as the 88s at F100 were attempting to engage after I got airborne. Terrain masking highly recommended.
I would not recommend a large group of aircraft attempting to take off at exactly the same time, but it shouldn't be too hard for a one or two ship.
Map below depicts ack emplacements around F99. Orange dots are 88s, and red dots are 20/40mm.
F98 has four batteries of 2 x 88mms, one at each circled location. There is one ammo dump at each of batteries that are required for field closure. The central battery is supported by 2 40mm (red dots). In addition to the ammo dumps, there are 2 radar stn tents (square tan tent with vertical antenna) needed for closure. These are immediately north of the tower (L-shaped green tent with antenna). There are also 4 huts (sq brown tents) that are not required for closure
---------------------
EDIT - trialed P-38 on-line in the S3 arena, lite up from F99 heading east, WEP 2, headed straight for hill top 88s. After several passes in a hectic ack environment, destroyed both 88s and managed to RTB at 99, albit missing my flaps after taking quite a few pings. P-38 DM seems fixed
End edit.
-----------------------

F97 is a transport centre
2 ack - 20 mm to north on hill and 40mm to south
Seven trucks (carriers) and 2 ammo dumps (cammo) are required for closure. Ignore the huts and tower.

Muzz
muzz--
Sqn Ldr
past-CO 417 Sqn RCAF
"Supporting Liberty and Justice"
--------------------------------------
Muzz's Maps

Post subject: Re: F97 F98 Intel
PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2018 12:34 pm 

Did several practice runs last night on 97 closing it on one pass 4 times in a b-25 and landed...within 3 min.
dfuse 10, took off, immediate turn straight north on deck, diamond formation, left turn straight east to west, dropped, left turn around hill and back to base....ack never got me.

Search for:
New Topic Post Reply  [ 2 posts ]