Login 
View unanswered posts View active topics  

Delete all board cookies

All times are UTC

New Topic Post Reply  [ 4 posts ] 
Previous topic | Next topic 
 Post subject: 23rd FG Frame 1 FAE
PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2018 1:11 am 

Beaver, it appears from the S6 site that we did not get 103 closed. I swear we took down all the tanks etc needed, but the S6 says different. Sorry for the false report if this is true.

It was a tough night, as I believe it was for all of us.
First sortie we all bombed up in spits and p38s. Climbed N some until the radar picture near 103 became known. High tailed it in, dropped our bombs and got 4 tanks and one truck. Ack is nasty there below 4-5k or so. We had various engagements along the way trying to regroup. We then rtb’d when we could, then launched piecemeal heavy again with one light for cover. Dropped more bombs, some had to jettison to fight at various times. The rest of the night we went heavy so that if we made it to 103 we could hit remaining 2-3 targets. Some of us did get through over the rest of the night. My 3rd sortie I went too low for a look see and paid the price. We thought we did destroy the needed targets, but it seems there are 1 or 2 vehicles that didn’t show in the s6 stats.

Enemy fighters can be a handful for Allied fighters, if they are flown right. Add in crappy connections/warping causing multiple problems during the night. I’m not trying to complain, just stating facts.
We lost too many airframes for the results achieved. As a result I believe we will hit ack first if the same situation presents itself…to allow easier bombing and strafing to finish anything off in a more timely fashion. I might also think about taking a penalty B25 or two if the bulk of the enemy is 3-4 sectors away.
<S>

Post subject: Re: 23rd FG Frame 1 FAE
PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2018 1:02 am 

You did a good job, probably there was an AT Gun somewhere a bit away that was not seen. :)

CO Beaver
RCAF 417 (II/Wing 127)
City of Windsor

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2018 7:58 am 

The 23rd closed 103. 103 does not have AT guns. What happened to the capture? 103 is connected to 105 and 106. AXIS did not close anything.

Last edited by OhShix on Thu Apr 26, 2018 2:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2018 2:49 pm 

OhShix wrote:
The 23rd closed 103. What happened to the capture? 103 is connected to 105 and 106. AXIS did not close anything.

Looking at the s6 log it appears that there was still a tank hiding there, but I swear I saw them all smoking. Maybe my pre-frame target recon was flawed.

Search for:
New Topic Post Reply  [ 4 posts ]