Register
Login 
View unanswered posts View active topics  

Delete all board cookies

All times are UTC

New Topic Post Reply  [ 5 posts ] 
Previous topic | Next topic 
PostPosted: Mon Dec 23, 2013 12:59 am 

So, I've done training with the 37gun on the p39Q. I could not sink a ship even after putting 60+ shots in it with the big gun. That's until I found the weak spot. It is just right behind the chimney, on the engine. If you put your rounds there, it blows up in a few shots, otherwise it's invulnerable.

Instructions: You must attack the ship straight from the side. You must put the cannon shots right behind the "chimney", otherwise you won't even damage it. The spot is exactly where the fire is on this screenshot.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 23, 2013 5:58 am 

Robert,

I was hoping that the ships would not be as hard as we thought in the S3 tonight based on our tests. They were!!! :x

Why are the targets so hard in this Series? Our flt of 4 only managed to scratch one freighter. We probably put 30-40 37mm rounds into this boat not counting mg rounds at all. The (2) destroyers that were protecting the freighters had sniper accurate ack and killed (3) out of our (4) ship.

I have seen RL P47s Gun Cam Vids that blew freighters out of the water with their 50 cals.

I am asking the strike/buff pilots here is this typical for S3 strike missions to have the targets much harder then you would expect?

If so why?

-light
XO 4th Fg

PostPosted: Mon Dec 23, 2013 7:43 am 

Salute!

Yep, tgts much harder than real world.

Bunkers and revets should be hard, but open bdgs and frieghters should be softer.

Gums.....

"God in your guts, good men at your back, wings that stay on - and Tally Ho!"

PostPosted: Mon Dec 23, 2013 9:39 am 

I probably would have benefited from seeing this..

Flew a long way NOE,
Attacked 2 freighters, 100% ammo expended and neither was damaged.

"Phantom collision" with a the 2nd freighter on final run when had 2% 50 cal left.

Waste of an hour.

>S

PostPosted: Mon Dec 23, 2013 9:17 pm 

Probably # 1 reason for losses and inability to successfully complete missions was the inordinate (unrealistic) or not per chart target defence strength vs gun attack strength.
Especialy in light of the fine defencive poster the axis took. No time for second tries.

Hope it was just this arena and I really hope ( they get it all ironed out ) before we do it again.

It was a horrific learning curve each night. Can't wait to see last nights results, I think we did much better.

Search for:
New Topic Post Reply  [ 5 posts ]