Register
Login 
View unanswered posts View active topics  

Delete all board cookies

All times are UTC

New Topic Post Reply  [ 2 posts ] 
Previous topic | Next topic 
PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2014 4:33 pm 

We launched from 84 with JU-87Ds loaded with torps and headed west to the shipping grounds. We elected to go after the farthest group first which was a convoy of about 10 ships. Our four a/c managed to sink 3 of the transports but houndg was shot down by an enemy fighter rushing to the area from the other convoy.

Second sortie was to the tanks south of 30. We engaged the tank and destroyed 7 (I think) but we lost 2 a/c to the AAA sitting next to them.

Third sortie coolon and I tried to close 30 by dropping high but results were not that good and I was killed in the process. Just for the record............THAT IS THE LAST TIME IN S3 FUTURE THAT I WILL EVER PARTAKE IN A NONE BOMBSITE ATTACK ON AN OUTPOST IN THIS TERRAIN. The 50 cals there are STUPID accurate and I am simply tired of ending my night at those outposts. We attacked vertically and they can shoot straight up as well as they can shoot horizontally. So any future COs dont bother assigning us those targets useless we have a bombsite in our a/c.

Since coolon was the last NS left he tried to roll and head east but the greens were covering 84 low and off the dar and found him.

Tough and frustrating night.

Thanks for the lead Zinhawk. <S>

Colonel mt-dew
Commanding Officer
-=Night Stalkers=-
"If you see us, it's already too late"

PostPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2014 2:24 am 
Site Admin

Just for the record this is an issue and I think its more the placement of the 50cals in a diamond pattern.
If you check the ack settings they are at the absolute lowest settings for arena flak. Solomons had much more 50cal and 20mm down low near airfields and for some reason they were much easier to attack. Just dont get it why the 50cals are so deadly in this terrain.

Search for:
New Topic Post Reply  [ 2 posts ]