Delete all board cookies

All times are UTC

New Topic Post Reply  [ 12 posts ]  Go to page
1, 2
 >> Next 
Previous topic | Next topic 
 Post subject: Frame 1 Planning
PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2014 12:03 am 

I haven't heard from any member of JG77 as of this post so I will start this thread for planning purpose.

One thing that stood out in the rules is this one,

Squads are assigned a homebase for the entire frame and must not use any other base during the night unless it is to refuel and then proceed back to their homebase to replane. If a squad homebase is closed all pilots not stuck in the tower must fly to either F10 or F6 and conduct operations from their for the rest of the night. Any pilots stuck in the tower are done for the night.

Lets start tossing some idea's around and If JG77 has not taking over this thread then LF6 will complete the orders by Saturday.

<S>

Doc
@doctrdart

Post subject: Re: Frame 1 Planning
PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2014 12:51 am 

Since all of our Squads will have to be looking at it from Frame 1, the requirement to fly specific aircraft in a specific number of Frames got my attention:

7. Aircraft Types - each squad has a list of a\c types in the A/C Table that they must fly a specific number of frames during a series. Every pilot is responsible to see they fly the proper a/c types during a series.

ImageImage

Happy trails...
Wolf
XO 352nd Fighter Group (virtual)

PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2014 8:08 pm 
Site Admin

Its a tougher one for the axis in Frame 1 as they will have to split their forces to north or south or try and base a large squad in the centre so they can move up or down as required. We played in this terrain before and as the only 128 mile terrain we use it is really small and easy to get from point to point faster than you think. But the fuel mod is high 80% so the short-legged Italian fighters will be harder pressed to cover large areas without refuelling.
I think having some squads always in the superior 190 will give the allies headaches regardless of the actual numbers. Fly smart in these things and they are a terror. But you have the weak gunned 202 to way against it so only having some squads in these every frame is probably wise too.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2014 8:50 pm 

--
Mr Jabo
One assumes BOTH 202s will be available as per the date?

Thanks in advance

juice

352nd Fighter Group C.O. (V) - "The Blue Nosed Bastards of Bodney"
487th Fighter Squadron (V)-HO
486th Fighter Squadron (V)-PZ
328th Fighter Squadron (V)-PE
We have the whips - KILL THEM ALL

PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2014 9:24 pm 

As much as I would rather spend my limited online time flying than staring at a damn map, I'll fill our now mandated CO duties. I'm going to need help from the unit CO's in coming up with a plan of action as my time is limited, so I will present the factors and any problems I forsee along the way and we can come up with a solution. Expect posts around this time everyday. I will not see new posts until early morning.

Fighters
-They have numbers superiority with basically a full FG more and a tiny airspace to deal with them.

-I'm hedging bets RCAF will play more of a strike role since they do not have a dedicated strike team. Might be an opportunity to hang back and pounce them.

-Knowing the DR, they will probably want to go on a closing campaign which makes the north a pretty juicy target. I'm also feeling they will use B-25s first so we might be able to estimate their total bomb load and extrapolate possible targets.

-The main question is do we hang back and force them to show their hand? or be aggressive but possibly lose major fighter support?

-LF6 is a heavy 3 step unit, more like a light to medium 4 stepper so if I base them at 3 step field and more show up will there be consequences?

-Right now I am considering having our two fighter groups split north and south.

-A/C your discretion, but may I recommend having mostly 109G-2s to come out swinging.

Bombers
-Top 3 targets: Town/airstrip, LAF, Port

-The top 3 are also more time consuming to close. SAFs, Grass, Small Towns and Arty combined offer more points than a single hard to close Large Town

-F92 and surrounding area in the south look like favorable initial targets. The spread offers the most delay to any allied QRF and totals a decent amount in points.

-I do not recommend NOE action, ack will tear bombers apart and the dar spread offers no gaps to really exploit.

-Our ace in the hole is the Stalkers. I am considering putting them on F84 and do a little bit of backfield raiding to help with points and keep some allied focus north.

The side with the higher differential in closed points will be able to change the front dramatically. If they close 5 outposts (5 total points) but we close 2 small airfields (6 total points) we will gain a field next frame. Knock out harder targets the larger the point gap is.

<S>
Zinhwk

HADES Flight
475th FG (v)
zinhwk@fly-jg77.com

Windows 10.1
AMD A10 6800K Black Edition (OC 4.2Ghz)
16 GB DDR3
GeForce GTX 770Ti
1TB SATA Western Digital "Blue" HDD
24" LG LED 1080p
CH Controls

PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2014 9:30 pm 

Quote:
LF6 is a heavy 3 step unit, more like a light to medium 4 stepper so if I base them at 3 step field and more show up will there be consequences?

No ... We are listed as 3 steps even if we have 24 guests show up. :) This would be nice, but probably not going to happen.

<S>

Doc
@doctrdart

PostPosted: Fri Apr 04, 2014 12:28 am 
Site Admin

Yes both types of 202s. You can pick the one you want for the frame but cannot swap during the frame. I know you know Juice but for others reading.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 04, 2014 3:28 am 

Remember we are a 3 step squadron and will bomb whatever is needed. The JU88 is a great NOE sneaky plane or can dive away with alt to escape a con.

Capt Hawk
CO - The Knights Who Say Ni!

PostPosted: Fri Apr 04, 2014 3:42 am 

Thanks Hawk. I usually have no issues with steps, just whether or not your fighters can be with you.

Quote:
9. Squad Basing - each airfield type has a limited number of squad steps it may base during a frame. Squads are assigned a homebase for the entire frame and must not use any other base during the night unless it is to refuel and then proceed back to their homebase to replane. If a squad homebase is closed all pilots not stuck in the tower must fly to either F10 or F6 and conduct operations from their for the rest of the night. Any pilots stuck in the tower are done for the night.

From this each squad will be based entirely at one field. Give the second half of the rules I am inclined to base almost everyone to the rear.

Might also be worth target considerations...

<S>
Zinhwk

HADES Flight
475th FG (v)
zinhwk@fly-jg77.com

Windows 10.1
AMD A10 6800K Black Edition (OC 4.2Ghz)
16 GB DDR3
GeForce GTX 770Ti
1TB SATA Western Digital "Blue" HDD
24" LG LED 1080p
CH Controls

PostPosted: Fri Apr 04, 2014 6:30 am 

drdart wrote:
No ... We are listed as 3 steps even if we have 24 guests show up. :)

Any Squad can fly as many "guests" as happen to show-up on any given Sunday. Whether or not the number of steps available at the field assigned will support those "guests" is a different discussion. If you are a (3) step Squad and you have all (18 ) of your pilots show up, and you are based at a (3) step field, you would have to base all of your guests at one or more alternate fields or you would over-step your original base field. At least, that's my JAG merit badge take on how fields support steps.

9. Squad Basing - each airfield type has a limited number of squad steps it may base during a frame. Squads are assigned a homebase for the entire frame and must not use any other base during the night unless it is to refuel and then proceed back to their homebase to replane. If a squad homebase is closed all pilots not stuck in the tower must fly to either F10 or F6 and conduct operations from their for the rest of the night. Any pilots stuck in the tower are done for the night.
•city landing strips = 1 step
•grass fields = 2 steps
•small fields = 3 steps
•large fields = 4 steps

Happy trails...
Wolf
XO 352nd Fighter Group (virtual)

Last edited by dewolf on Fri Apr 04, 2014 10:52 am, edited 3 times in total.

Search for:
New Topic Post Reply  [ 12 posts ]  Go to page
1, 2
 >> Next