Login 
View unanswered posts View active topics  

Delete all board cookies

All times are UTC

New Topic Post Reply  [ 7 posts ] 
Previous topic | Next topic 
PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2018 10:50 pm 

Hey Fellas:
I didn't see anyone's name on the CO list for frame 3, so I'd like permission to proceed with preliminary planning, if that is OK.

Options:
1. Knock out radar at F89, again. (Recommended)
2. Close field F32. (Recommended)
3. Sink ships
4. Kill bombers

Concerns:
It was my fault, but I was under the impression that we would gain BDA points from destroying ground targets, even if F1 was not completely destroyed. It was clarified to me on the night of frame 2 that points would only be awarded upon closure. Had I truly understood that in the beginning, I would have argued not to attempt its closure in the first place. We just didn't have the personnel to accomplish the mission. Too many targets were required. Too much tonnage is required per object. Too few bombers (even with the additional Ai provided). You get the point.

So, what ideas do you have?

Darryl <S>

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2018 12:10 am 

My 2 ยข worth:
Shipping could be safe(r) points if timed with other things properly.
I level bombed a destroyer late in the frame as I didn't have time to make it to F1 in a He111. Didn't sink it but got a couple very near misses. When the ship routine is stopped at the end of the frame damaged ships show up as kills. Destroyer = 8 points, Freighter = 6 and the plane 'ole ships are worth 4 points. I believe there were 6 destroyers in a line astern convoy about 5 miles or so from the coast steaming towards Dover. The southern shipping headed to Dover would be best to hit, go noe. You will have to pop up or if they are destroyers they will target you well when lowish.
I saw the same destroyers I believe off the coast East of 78, probably an hour earlier in frame 1.

Separate Radar locations can be easy points, IF done properly. Remember we have no radar for offensive uses, only defensive.

I think the allies would be stupid to not attempt to sink shipping...but then they have to take bombers, as their fighters have no bomb option. I believe they will be leery of flying bombers again, unless they separate and go as singles noe. They don't have enough fighters to cover their bombers AND defend their airspace.

They have to figure out a way to get more points as I believe we outscored them by a wider margin this frame than last. I could be wrong.... as I was for frame 1
<S>

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2018 1:49 am 
Site Admin

Its important to look at the various fields in the Blitz terrain. They are all different. Some can be quite hard to close and some impossible like Dover. Others are fairly easy considering you dont need AAA to close. I have yet to see Dover closed in all the series we have done here. Part of the reason radar stays down when destroyed elsewhere. Gives you some chance of sneaking in to the west or north. Sounds like you guys are having a blast. The peanut gallery has now excused itself and is drinking beer.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2018 5:16 am 

So when's the Donkey's aircraft getting fitted out?

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2018 2:24 am 

I would suggest gaining air superiority before the bombers show up. Disorganized their fighter forces first then blow up targets.

Hit the shipping away from their strong fighter forces.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2018 11:06 am 

Good input, sirs.

Suggested:

1. Have 99% of fighters lift off from forward fields and rush to F1 VERY HIGH ALT to perch until enemy arrives. (Attempt to get a count of enemy a/c in the area.)
2. Bombers start from F23 with airstarts and proceed toward F32 on a delayed TOT approach.
3. Fighters return to fields with staggered landing allowing landing aircraft cover until each squad is back in the air. (How long could the 352nd stay over F1?)
4. Climb hard and join up with bomber group for the run to F32. Hopefully, the mix of dots on the radar will look like all the fighters coming back to F1 again.
5. During this set up period, we send NOE Ju87 to reclose F89 radar. Same Ju87 will do recon to find their shipping.
6. Once shipping is located, we spend sorties 2-3 taking them out.

*Note: We need someone to monitor the radar during this first fighter sortie.

Input requested.

Recon photo of F32

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2018 10:46 pm 

--
352nd can stay as long as needed.
what would happen is we would engage only in pairs to destroy or thwart for longest time possible.
If enemy is in full force then maximum would/could not exceed 30 mins (IF maximum enemy force are on US)

My opinion this will achieve state goal.

Orders understood and received.

Juice

352nd Fighter Group C.O. (V) - "The Blue Nosed Bastards of Bodney"
487th Fighter Squadron (V)-HO
486th Fighter Squadron (V)-PZ
328th Fighter Squadron (V)-PE
We have the whips - KILL THEM ALL

Search for:
New Topic Post Reply  [ 7 posts ]