Register
Login 
View unanswered posts View active topics  

Delete all board cookies

All times are UTC

New Topic Post Reply  [ 3 posts ] 
Previous topic | Next topic 
PostPosted: Tue Jan 28, 2014 1:56 pm 

8 pilots trudged into Gruppen HQs with the daunting task of attempting to destroy bridges and intercept the rampaging horde of Allied aircraft running rampant over the Father land.
Review of the orders of the day brought looks of consternation on the seasoned pilots of 127. Muzz suggested that we deviate from the original plan and move our ops to the North to conduct
interdiction and raise heck in the allies backyard. After a quick telegraph message to Dr Dart, we were given permission to rebase.
We hit the bridge at 34 / 36 area and lost one to ack, (KIA) many hits were observed on the bridge spans but none fell. We regrouped but again lost one to a prang on take off (Ditch).
The rest began to hit the airfield with many AI aircraft going being destroyed along with hangers and some annoying ack. We lost one more to a DWD from ack.
They then lifted and headed to provide assistance to the Knight's who were hitting M19 and M24 area, but along the way found a few C-47s carrying supplies and dispatched 2 or 3 of them, along with attacking the field at 42 ? I believe, where additional parked AI were dispatched. THey headed west to join up with the Knights who were having a bit of trouble with some pesky P 51s, found same, and with low petrol attempted to assist as much as they could before rtbing On the way back additional AI ad parked aircraft were attacked, with the loss of 2 more one to enemy action other to no fuel and bad landing. With 4 left ( Muzz, Wcat, Barvic and Buckroo) the lads managed to possibly close 2 bases by nights end and destroy 36 parked AI aircraft, with Muzz-- claiming 17, (yes 17) barvic 9, -wcat- 6, buckro 3.
All told we launched 8 piots •6 pilots from JG 416
•24 sorties
•19 safe landing(s)
•5 airframe(s) lost ( 3 x Bf-109K4 * 2 x FW-190D9 *)
•4 pilot(s) KIA
•0 taken POW
•0 victories
•0 assist(s)
•17 ground objects and/or AI destroyed
•0 TOT
and 2 from JG 417
•2 pilots
•12 sorties
•12 safe landing(s)
•0 airframe(s) lost ()
•0 pilot(s) KIA
•0 taken POW
•0 victories
•0 assist(s)
•30 ground objects and/or AI destroyed
•0 TOT
A better night the usual for us, Special thanks to Muzz for his devious plan and to Dr Dart for allowing us to switch ops and Jabo and the janitors for doing this.
Special notes we hit the bridges at 34 and 36 hard with no joy, at one point 6 250 KG bombs hit on or near the bridge with no loss. hence we switched from obvious death to hitting something else.
Bridges were worth only 3 points, but AI aircraft at the tac fields count as 2 point per... something Frame 5 commander might want to consider..

Swede- 127 Gruppen鶈

PostPosted: Tue Jan 28, 2014 3:24 pm 

Great job by your group.... Like I said in my AAR, you guys out performed my expectations. I am sure with what your group did along with the knights, we should have gained some ground in the points.

Thanks .. Awesome totals.

<S>

Doc
@doctrdart

PostPosted: Mon Feb 03, 2014 5:49 pm 

Sounds like it was a fun frame, sadly, I was assigned to the Bahamas for TDY duty and missed the frame. You should having no trouble spotting me on Sunday, I will be the Red Skin pilot :D

CO Beaver
RCAF 417 (II/Wing 127)
City of Windsor

Search for:
New Topic Post Reply  [ 3 posts ]