Login 
View unanswered posts View active topics  

Delete all board cookies

All times are UTC

New Topic Post Reply  [ 8 posts ] 
Previous topic | Next topic 
PostPosted: Sat Sep 30, 2017 7:06 pm 

Gentlemen,

We have held the enemy at bay with the little resources we have been granted. But word from Luftflotte Reich is that we will begin to see more advanced aircraft delivered to us soon so that we can ground the RAF for good!

As the enemy continues to use the RAF in advance of ground forces moving into Holland, our task is to knock their bombers from the sky before they reach their targets. Engaging fighter aircraft is not of any concern, we must stop the enemy from hitting their targets.

To that effect, the basing assignments are as follows:

• 23rd - Field 111
  • Lf6 - Field 112
  • AE - Field 53

Note: Field 112 (Lf6) is a dirt field, but I entered the S3 arena and lifted a FW190F8 with 100% fuel, drop tanks, and 500kg bomb without flaps or WEP. (It was close, but it can be done. Drop a notch of flaps, add one level of boost and it should be a breeze.)

At T+0, all groups should lift in the aircraft of choice, grab altitude and prepare to pursue incoming bombers.

Historically, they have been attacking early with Typhoons and then follow up with an attack on an alternate target with B-25's. The Spitfire pilots have been earning their astronaut badges by climbing to the aircraft's surface ceiling and hanging around. I have observed them flying overhead and not even engaging us down below; perhaps they could not pick us out from the terrain, or they were waiting for distress calls from the B-25's.

If group leaders have found it agreeable, have your pilots that are waiting to fly the FW190F8 jabo run wait until enough pilots are available to fly as a group toward a designated target. Remember what Jabo said about hitting high value targets (i.e. boats, parked aircraft and isolated airfields). I agree with Split's comment about not forming one large strike group that will show up as a swarm on the enemy radar; this would be the Spitfire pilot's dream come true. To this end, I say we form up smaller groups that head to different targets as the opportunities present themselves.

One last bit of business: incoming visitors. Lf6 uses a different TeamSpeak server than the iENT Warbirds server and it can take time to get someone onto that channel. I am not saying visitors cannot join the buffoonery of the Lf6 bunch, but they may find it easier to join a group that can quickly get them onto their TeamSpeak channel. What do you say?

If nothing else, good luck and Gott strafe England!

<S>
Nick

"Tod von Oben"

Last edited by -tmoa- on Sun Oct 01, 2017 2:13 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 30, 2017 11:27 pm 

Orders received and distributed.

Note that closed fields are not indicated on the above map, nor the in game map noflyz has posted in the general forum. Watch where you land and don't land on one of the old TAC type fields as there are no planes available there. One of our folks did this and had to burn an airframe to move and fly again.

<S>

PostPosted: Sun Oct 01, 2017 12:47 am 

If you remove the icons, the red slashed circles indicating closed fields can be seen more clearly on noflyz's map.

<S>
Nick

"Tod von Oben"

PostPosted: Sun Oct 01, 2017 2:08 am 

Never thought about peeling back a layer, thanks ;)

PostPosted: Sun Oct 01, 2017 2:39 am 

Here's a game planning map with "enhanced" closed field indicators. (Click on the image to enlarge.)

<S>
Nick

"Tod von Oben"

PostPosted: Sun Oct 01, 2017 3:03 am 

What fields might we familiarize ourselves with for strike missions?

I think we failed to close F114 last time due to poor intelligence on the target locations.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 01, 2017 3:10 am 

If I understand Jabo correctly, Axis strikes don't "score" big by closing fields. Pinpoint drops on boats or parked aircraft will run up the score for us.

Due to this, working at field closure is an inefficient use of our available ordinance. In later frames, the scenario is supposed to be altered to make field closure a worthwhile goal.

I will attempt to contact our illustrious intelligence network to see where such targets may be laid out in close proximity.

<S>
Nick

BTW OhShix, why are you planning a jabo strike? You need my permission to get shot down! :P

"Tod von Oben"

Last edited by -tmoa- on Sun Oct 01, 2017 3:33 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 01, 2017 3:28 am 

Quick tally if it holds true on Sunday. (Logged into online S3 arena, logged off, entered ETO offline, and used .CMEYE mode to reconnoiter.)

• 5 parked A/C at Field 114
  • 3 boats in the river west of Field 114
  • 5 parked A/C at Field 119
  • 6 parked A/C at field 118
  • 8 boats in the harbor NW of Field 28

Note: Parked aircraft are not bunched together, but rather spread throughout a field. A few times they are hidden in a grove of trees.

<S>
Nick

"Tod von Oben"

Search for:
New Topic Post Reply  [ 8 posts ]