View unanswered posts View active topics  

Delete all board cookies

All times are UTC

New Topic Post Reply  [ 1 post ] 
Previous topic | Next topic 
 Post subject: initial FR3 thots
PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2016 7:01 pm 

Horrido!

I'll let Cool do the complete AAR for the Stalker/Nomad "buff for hire" effort, but up front it went well and we had great support form our lites until they had to RTB and the threat was lower than we expected.

Although we closed some fields and kept the enema from using them, I see no big points for anything except we blew up a lotta stuff at those fields. With only a few enema lites that shot at us, we then used our tiny 50kg firecrackers to plink at tanks and other critters with good results.

My thots are that a few flights of lites could vulch a few of the enema fields versus the buffs trying to close them just for points. For the critical fields that will remain closed down the road, the buffs can help. But just to close fields willy nilly seems a waste. For lites concerned with ack, a pair of buffs zooming in real fast can prolly take out all but the MG acks in one pass.

I think I speak for our ragtag grope of good buffers when I say that having local air superiority while plinking at tanks is a really great thing.

Then there's the boats. They are worth the most, but if the ack is severe or thay have local air cover we will come out itn an even trade; buff=3, boat=4. I'll guarantee we lose one buff for every attack whether we sink the boat or not.

Just some thots from an old S3 dude on a rainy day in Baja Alabama.

Herr Gums sends...

"God in your guts, good men at your back, wings that stay on - and Tally Ho!"

Search for:
New Topic Post Reply  [ 1 post ]