New Topic Post Reply  [ 16 posts ]  Go to page
 Previous << 
1, 2
Previous topic | Next topic 
 Post subject: Re: Frame 3 thoughts
PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2014 1:23 am 

Hawk wrote:
How about this so far.

1. Knights hit the statics at Russell Islands (51)
2. 23rd based at Shokaku covering the forward fields.

Briar does this sound plausible for your group to cover. We are only around 10 points behind and if we can stop them and hit the static ships north of Russell Islands, I think we can do it.

Let me know what bases we should use. The Knights will stay where they are and take the Kates NOE to the ships. The bad weather could work for us if I do this correct. I need a drink now..

Still thinking about the rest...

As Beaver said, having a group of Zekes SW to S of 51 may be just the ticket to drawing at least one of their fighter groups away from 51. We could do that and just tie them up to the south of you. We would need to time this so that we have drawn them south before the Knights committed. I'll run this by Doc, Looboy and Sakai and get back with you on basing and tactical recommendations.

<S>

Oberst Briar

JG51 XO

PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2014 5:15 am 

Sounds like a plan to me. I'll do a map of a possible route and maybe a time hack.

If I put the 100th and 127 together. Do you think you can close another base?

Capt Hawk
CO - The Knights Who Say Ni!

PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2014 5:16 pm 

How's this? We can base at 37 and 38 and grab some altitude within our DAR space. We can then dispatch one element of advance scouts and have the main body follow between 5 and 10 miles behind. We could avoid the DAR coverage around 44 and 49 then take a turn east at a point south of the 3 line then enter their DAR SW of 51 and make it appear as if we are heading for the shipping on the NW side of Guadalcanal. We can drop south and pull out of their DAR coverage just east of where it converges with the DAR at 57 and reverse out of their coverage and take up position just SW of 51 and remain in that area until the Knights hit 51. If we time our exit from the DAR south of 51 with the Knights' arrival at 51 and they have tracked us SW it may give you time to hit and get out. Once we know you are about to strike we can engage and tie some of them up for a bit. Sound good to you?

<S>

Oberst Briar

JG51 XO

PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2014 6:47 pm 

Sounds like you guys at 37 and 38 and the Knights at 40. This sounds good thus far. Looking at the map, it looks like the are at 8.4.3 and 9.3.8. This will be what I want the Knights to hit.

Sqtc, are you ok with where you guys are? I really want a strong front stopping their bombers from getting in.

Now I have to decide about the other 2 squad and what they think they want to do. I'll start a prelim thread today.

Capt Hawk
CO - The Knights Who Say Ni!

PostPosted: Fri Mar 07, 2014 12:31 pm 

Hawk wrote:
Sounds like you guys at 37 and 38 and the Knights at 40. This sounds good thus far. Looking at the map, it looks like the are at 8.4.3 and 9.3.8. This will be what I want the Knights to hit.

Sqtc, are you ok with where you guys are? I really want a strong front stopping their bombers from getting in.

Now I have to decide about the other 2 squad and what they think they want to do. I'll start a prelim thread today.

hawk-san,

Hitman is the CO of the 23rd, so I will forward this to him. I'm just a cog in the machine :mrgreen:

Sasquatch"
=sqtc=
23rd Fighter Group
CO

"You know you loaded too much fuel only when you see fire" :P

PostPosted: Fri Mar 07, 2014 9:06 pm 

Cog :lol: Yeah were are good! Lets kick some butts this frame.

Commanding Officer
23rd Fighter Group

Hitman

Search for:
New Topic Post Reply  [ 16 posts ]  Go to page
 Previous << 
1, 2