Delete all board cookies

All times are UTC

New Topic Post Reply  [ 19 posts ]  Go to page
 Previous << 
1, 2
Previous topic | Next topic 
PostPosted: Sat Jan 18, 2014 3:50 pm 

Bluzoo.

Yep, I have a dtf so we can find them. The one at 24 is really hard to see from alt and it looks like it's going to take 2 1000lbs to take it out. So LAF 26 is our primary and 24 secondary.

Also, is there a closer base our fighters can up from?

Cheers!

Capt Hawk
CO - The Knights Who Say Ni!

PostPosted: Sat Jan 18, 2014 5:23 pm 

Hawk wrote:
Bluzoo.

Yep, I have a dtf so we can find them. The one at 24 is really hard to see from alt and it looks like it's going to take 2 1000lbs to take it out. So LAF 26 is our primary and 24 secondary.

Also, is there a closer base our fighters can up from?

Cheers!

Your fighters could base at TAC 41 if Sakai consents. It is the closest base to your route.

CO Beaver
RCAF 417 (II/Wing 127)
City of Windsor

Last edited by Beaver on Sat Jan 18, 2014 9:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 18, 2014 7:17 pm 

Ok, thanks. I'll also check with Swanee if this will work for them.

Capt Hawk

PostPosted: Sat Jan 18, 2014 7:49 pm 
Site Admin

Its important to look at the tac fields with stars on them. Some have just two hangars to go down to be ruled closed. AAA does not count nor does a tower. It would be relatively easy to sneak 2-4 jabos into these fields later in the frame when the allies are forming and they can base at a nearby tac field moving to where they think the first attack should start from based upon allied movements. Axis need to be sneaky and hit throughout the frame not just in the first 60mins when they expect you to arrive. The bridges should now go down to a couple hits with 250kg bombs so the F8 is a great plane for that.
I think getting these tac fields as quick as possible will put the allies under pressure in the last two frames when they will have to go deep.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 18, 2014 9:57 pm 

Hawk, here is one other idea for your fighters, they could be based at L53 or L54 or TAC48 if it is not used (of course, anyone based there at the start of the frame would not be returning, so your fighters could rebase there. Then they could fly towards your 88's, from the middle of the Eastern Front, the same route the Allied fighters would be going to meet the buffs. Might catch some Allies napping, assuming the dots on their backs are other fighters heading for the buffs. This is kinda gutsy move, and there are C47's flying around in the back area. If the buffs are NOE, you might not want to signal the Allies where they are by flying your fighters to them.

CO Beaver
RCAF 417 (II/Wing 127)
City of Windsor

PostPosted: Sun Jan 19, 2014 12:18 am 

Jabo, can you confirm if the tents need to go down at LAF 26?

Can my Knight fighters use TAC 41?

Thanks

Capt Hawk

PostPosted: Sun Jan 19, 2014 8:16 am 

Preferably, the Knights fighters would like to take off from TAC41 and RV with our BG around 10mi after their turn to the South (3.5.5).
I kind of like Beaver's idea, however, taking off from the bases further east may set our RV too far into the BG route, leaving them exposed too long without cover.
Also, if we get engaged before we even meet up with the bombers they may never get any cover at all. We will most definitely be way out numbered.
There will only be a few of us in fighters (we've been getting around 5 pilots on average).

Will the Knights bombers be getting cover from any other FG?
If not I'm expecting around a 30 v 5 situation with our fighters.

Swanee
----------------------------------------
There are 2 kinds of people in this world...
Fighter pilots – and those that wish they were.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 19, 2014 3:20 pm 

Swanee (et al)...

I am looking at having Lf6 in the area to suppress at least one of the large Allied FG. We know another of the three will be with their bombers so thats leaves one more Allied FG roaming. If I can vector Lf6 into a wandering Allied group and suppress them (read: kill) then the other roaming group will be vectored our way. This should clear the rear from any significant defense.

Muzz - The Allies may not be able to get right on top of the bridges to stop a closure if we roll all from those forward tac fields, but they certainly will have the alt and ability to prevent our safe escape to the East once the first smoke plume and Jabo dar rats us out.

Beaver - Thank you, Sir for your continued support and help in the planning. It is greatly appreciated!

Hawk - Do you have a time hack for arrival on the Large field?

All - Bases coming in a few minutes

~S~
~Sakai - 坂井
daimyosakai@gmail.com
Tainan Kokutai - 台南

Akatombo | White 576 | Curtiss AVG

PostPosted: Sun Jan 19, 2014 3:38 pm 

jabo wrote:
Its important to look at the tac fields with stars on them. Some have just two hangars to go down to be ruled closed. AAA does not count nor does a tower. It would be relatively easy to sneak 2-4 jabos into these fields later in the frame when the allies are forming and they can base at a nearby tac field moving to where they think the first attack should start from based upon allied movements. Axis need to be sneaky and hit throughout the frame not just in the first 60mins when they expect you to arrive. The bridges should now go down to a couple hits with 250kg bombs so the F8 is a great plane for that.
I think getting these tac fields as quick as possible will put the allies under pressure in the last two frames when they will have to go deep.

RCAF - Take note of Jabo's post.

~S~
~Sakai - 坂井
daimyosakai@gmail.com
Tainan Kokutai - 台南

Akatombo | White 576 | Curtiss AVG

Search for:
New Topic Post Reply  [ 19 posts ]  Go to page
 Previous << 
1, 2