Login 
View unanswered posts View active topics  

Delete all board cookies

All times are UTC

New Topic Post Reply  [ 4 posts ] 
Previous topic | Next topic 
 Post subject: SOF Frame 3 planning
PostPosted: Fri May 05, 2017 2:46 am 

Since we do not know if the allies are going to give up on the South and attack the North I can not make concrete plans at this time. One would think the efforts and sacrifices they have made in the South bodes well for them attacking it again. However they will have to go deeper to get the points they need.

If they select the South once again I believe we pretty much have that covered to a certain degree with our previous performances.
If they select the North then I will have to rethink our approach as they have radar coverage galore.
The plan will be out no later than Saturday night, earlier if they would declare where they are attacking sooner than Friday night. I always thought it was common courtesy to declare attack zones no later then Wednesday, but it is what it is.

Thanks to Dewolf and all Axis pilots for the nice point advantage we now have.

Any thoughts or concerns post them here!

Post subject: Re: SOF Frame 3 planning
PostPosted: Fri May 05, 2017 1:10 pm 

split wrote:

...If they select the North then I will have to rethink our approach as they have radar coverage galore...

The Allies declared "North" --Muskie ZZ
Good luck, Sir!

Happy trails...
Wolf
XO 352nd Fighter Group (virtual)

PostPosted: Sat May 06, 2017 4:19 am 

My thoughts for the frame:
No ground/surface attacks by us.

I found another nice gem: There is a radar of ours at target Q-F72 that isn’t represented in coverage (and is the single most important one) on the ‘official map’, which I have included with the plain black circle. It is an easy target as it is on the coast. I suspect they know this as well.

Variables I’m considering:
I want to preserve our radar assets for future frames as we dearly need them. I’m thinking they will want to somewhat blind us over the next two frames up North as they seem stuck in that mode…even jabo noted that. And that is where the highest concentration of points is as well. If so they will want to take out at least 2 radars this frame, Target Q-F72 and Target V-F86 and/or E-F56 and Target A-F65. IF they target all 4 this frame and don’t succeed remember they can’t hit them again, so they will probably take 2 frames to do it. If they fail on their first mission to get a target they WILL be back, if they can. When/if they get all four down we will only have coverage South of F40, more or less. Our Northern coast will be naked.
They desperately need lots of points, the highest concentration of points is at shipping target D-F58 with 12 ships in port. There are around 35-40 points sitting there for the taking. Other high point areas are shipping as well at targets B,H,I,J,R. I suspect they won’t hit D-F58 this frame but may well hit other shipping for points. Ack doesn’t appear numerous or effective along the N coast, but that was offline and not sure if it carries over.

You can expect to have an area of responsibility, with a dedicated lower altitude element for NOE raiders. Radar defense is a priority. Watch for NOE river runners. Heavy NOE tiffies appear to be the point makers for them.

I’m running out of time tonight as I have a fairly physical day at work tomorrow and gotta hit the hay. Will post final orders Sat night as soon as I can.

Comments/suggestions/criticism accepted…
<S>

Last edited by split on Mon Sep 10, 2018 2:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sat May 06, 2017 5:44 am 

Axis Radar Coverage

Port F-58---Allied Mission "D"

Happy trails...
Wolf
XO 352nd Fighter Group (virtual)

Search for:
New Topic Post Reply  [ 4 posts ]