Login 
View unanswered posts View active topics  

Delete all board cookies

All times are UTC

New Topic Post Reply  [ 5 posts ] 
Previous topic | Next topic 
 Post subject: frame 4 lost controls
PostPosted: Sat Jun 21, 2014 8:56 pm 

I was ordered to RTB as I had less fuel than everyone else for the 2nd time - not like I am a newbie but my KI43 did not load right - on the way I had 89 gallons of fuel and no damage whatsoever.

Engine just quit with 89 gallons showing and nothing I tried would get the engine fired up and I had some time - didn't panic as I thought I was fine until I started loosing alt to fast - had only one legal choice and that was to try and ditch - blew up trying.

Tried to get jabo's attention to no avail but several said not to worry about it. I knew it would be an issue so I tried a few more times but again no answer. Sure enough the record shows I blew up and no one got credit for kill.

Not going to say anymore than that.

=weis=
8th FG CO

PostPosted: Sat Jun 21, 2014 9:56 pm 

You need to hit the period button several times, some of the aircraft have several fuel tanks and you may have been on one that ran out, even though the other tanks held 89 gallons. I had that issue before, but it showed the gallons in the tank I was on. If you set the fuel to auto select (shows * beside the gallons) it will select a tank that has fuel.

CO Beaver
RCAF 417 (II/Wing 127)
City of Windsor

PostPosted: Sat Jun 21, 2014 11:36 pm 

Thanks - I know about that and was trying - since the last update I've been having weird stick issues only in the S3 - eventually I will find out what it is but right now it is frustrating. Both sorties that night I took the same fuel and burned from the same tank but both times I was way lower on fuel and was sent back each time. 2nd time didn't go well :)

=weis=
8th FG CO

PostPosted: Sun Jun 22, 2014 3:53 pm 

Well, that was my best guess. The other choice is to save your settings in a different folder and delete and reload Warbirds, then paste your settings back. It is a big file, so depending upon your internet connection it can take over an hour or two (I was at a Hotel on their internet and to reload it to my laptop took 3 hours and 15 minutes) ;)

CO Beaver
RCAF 417 (II/Wing 127)
City of Windsor

PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2014 7:04 am 
Site Admin

Basically that is why we have lady lucks. The amount of book--keeping for all types of weirdness is just too much. You get a reset but the death still counts against you but hopefully you are not that unlucky and can use a LL every 3 series to remove that one time of bad luck.

Search for:
New Topic Post Reply  [ 5 posts ]