Login 
View unanswered posts View active topics  

Delete all board cookies

All times are UTC

New Topic Post Reply  [ 3 posts ] 
Previous topic | Next topic 
 Post subject: Who Stole My Rocks?
PostPosted: Sun Sep 22, 2019 5:31 am 

I realize this isn’t the correct forum but my login isn’t working in the Ien forum.

Was gone a few weeks and returned to find several planes had rockets removed from the weapon load out.

Both the P51D and P38J had the option to carry HVAR rockets. Both were used, although limited use, the the Pacific theater. Why were rockets removed from these planes?

You will find very few of these iconic planes (esp the P51) being used in the main arena these days due to short WEPs, poor climb, and poor E retention. Seems unwise to also strip these aircraft of weapons options where the planes absolutely had those capabilities.

Oskar

Post subject: Re: Who Stole My Rocks?
PostPosted: Wed Sep 25, 2019 7:45 pm 

More so because they are rarely available on the front lines. If you want a p51d then you usually need to launch from a field 60 to 80 miles away from the fight. You launch, climb to the combat zone only to find that the fight has moved somewhere else, has ended, or players have logged off for the night.

NOOKYB 4th FG
4th But First!

Post subject: Re: Who Stole My Rocks?
PostPosted: Thu Sep 26, 2019 10:37 pm 

P-51B & D aren't flown very much because they have been gutted and nerfed by WBs.
Reduced to the point that they can't even compete with plane set one airplanes in the rolling plane set.
In WBs the Bf 109 Es are better then P-51s. In WBs almost any Axis plane, no matter what part of the
rolling plane set, is superior to almost all US airplanes except the P-38s and the F4Us.

Fencer

Search for:
New Topic Post Reply  [ 3 posts ]