View unanswered posts View active topics  

Delete all board cookies

All times are UTC

New Topic Post Reply  [ 17 posts ]  Go to page
1, 2
 >> Next 
Previous topic | Next topic 
PostPosted: Sat Apr 02, 2016 3:06 pm 

I have decided that the Knights are standing down as a bomber group. The old saying, you can't fight city hall, well I am tired and frustrated on so many levels, that the fun is gone. It's their way or the byway and no matter how I explain things to them, they will never get it.

We will remain a fighter group for now.

Capt Hawk
CO - The Knights Who Say Ni!

PostPosted: Sat Apr 02, 2016 3:39 pm 

Hawk wrote:
I have decided that the Knights are standing down as a bomber group. The old saying, you can't fight city hall, well I am tired and frustrated on so many levels, that the fun is gone. It's their way or the byway and no matter how I explain things to them, they will never get it.

We will remain a fighter group for now.

You are the only one demanding the game conform to your expectations instead of operating within the limits of the code.

If you demand performance the code is not designed to deliver it will ALWAYS fall short of your expectation.

AI wingmen are like teenagers. The further they are from parental supervision the more stupid situations they get into.

They are NOT remotely piloted drones. They are not self aware artificial intelligence capable of decision making. They will follow EXACTLY the instructions given and if the terrain interferes with that assignment they collide with it and park themselves.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 02, 2016 4:39 pm 

Salute!

Quote:
You are the only one demanding the game conform to your expectations instead of operating within the limits of the code.

Nope, Hawk is not the only one, and it ain't all about "the code" ( sfwe code, not player honor and such). It's about what "the code" is supposed to do. Well, maybe, it might be about the implementation of "the code", but problem many of us have had is recent changes to "the code" that seriously changed flight characteristics of the planes many of us have flown in this sim for over a decade.

So we can whine about the implementation of flight models and still apprecite all the hard work to build the wooden tires and have very "realistic" models of buggies. But the goal of all the FM changes last two years has not been made clear to we players. Perhaps we could have had some consensus versus blatant assertions that we now have the most realistic flight models Warbirds has ever had. But the sim only exists if folks pay to fly. And seems more and more are not "paying". They are leaving.

Quote:
If you demand performance the code is not designed to deliver it will ALWAYS fall short of your expectation.

You are spot on about that, Dawg, Dobs, et al.

Much of our objection is the performance that the code is intended to deliver. We are looking for a home computer flight simulation that does not require a lotta specialized equipment or super speed/memory/graphics. We are not looking for a cosmic flight simulator such as the airlines and military might use. We can live with, and must live with, decent aero dampening ( not the stick stuff, but basic plane aero), some torque and p-factor but not requiring more than a few degrees of rudder or aileron trim, and so forth.

I don't care about how good the code is if it is implementing a poor design goal.

Oh well, maybe we can get the Knights to join with the Stalkers and Nomads to have a "strike" presence in the S3. Otherwise, the folks with fancy computers and the lites can have their Sunday nite litefests and take pleasure hosing all the stupid drone buffs.

Gums ends rant...

"God in your guts, good men at your back, wings that stay on - and Tally Ho!"

PostPosted: Sat Apr 02, 2016 4:46 pm 

Lord Dawger lives in his own world and I refuse to be part of it. I have been flying the S3's a hell of a lot longer than you and and never had these types of problems.

So you can have it your way and make it in your image. I choose not to have my guys part of your world.

Capt Hawk

PostPosted: Sat Apr 02, 2016 4:59 pm 

Hawk wrote:
Lord Dawger lives in his own world and I refuse to be part of it. I have been flying the S3's a hell of a lot longer than you and and never had these types of problems.

So you can have it your way and make it in your image. I choose not to have my guys part of your world.

You chose for your guys? Certainly, "your guys" have some say as to what they do?

Dawger has done a lot to help and because you don't agree you will slam him for his efforts.

Hawk, snap decisions and knee jerk reactions almost never go off well.

Gums, it has been made a s clear as possible.
Fixing the bugs that affect FMs across the board has taken a long time.
No one likes change, but it has to happen.
Because you can no longer fly using a keyboard "it's broken".
Whereas many others would say, "thanks for improving the FMs that were screwed up form the last generation of FM guys who turned a blind eye and just slammed everything through.
Would you rather have the old FMs? The ones with the double weight ordnance bug?
Would you like to give up all the new planes?

PostPosted: Sat Apr 02, 2016 5:10 pm 

Madcat,

So now you are speaking for my guys! You have no idea the conversations we have.

This isn't a SNAP discussion but one that has been building up for a long time.

Capt Hawk

PostPosted: Sat Apr 02, 2016 9:05 pm 

So knight bombers are standing down because of the FMs?

352nd Fighter Group (V) - "The Blue Nosed Bastards of Bodney"
328th Fighter Squadron C.O. (V) - PE - Red and Green

dulce bellum inexpertis

PostPosted: Sat Apr 02, 2016 9:14 pm 

No Jman, there are other issues why and the FM's is just a minor part of it.

My concerns have been discussed in length and there is no need to go over it again.

Capt Hawk

PostPosted: Sat Apr 02, 2016 9:23 pm 

Hawk wrote:
No Jman, there are other issues why and the FM's is just a minor part of it.

My concerns have been discussed in length and there is no need to go over it again.

Then that would mean that dawger (read FM Team as its not just dawger) is a just minor part of the standing down?

List the other issues please so I can at least see what could be done about them.

352nd Fighter Group (V) - "The Blue Nosed Bastards of Bodney"
328th Fighter Squadron C.O. (V) - PE - Red and Green

dulce bellum inexpertis

PostPosted: Sat Apr 02, 2016 9:30 pm 

viewtopic.php?f=5&t=1902

That is the relevant thread, Jman.

Search for:
New Topic Post Reply  [ 17 posts ]  Go to page
1, 2
 >> Next