Login 
View unanswered posts View active topics  

Delete all board cookies

All times are UTC

New Topic Post Reply  [ 9 posts ] 
Previous topic | Next topic 
 Post subject: Frame 3 FG
PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2016 2:58 am 

Sort of what I was expecting in this series...tactical airpower application from medium and light bombers with CAS aircraft in the works.

Fun frame, lots of action....fokker pilots did a lot of bobbing and weaving and punished those who tried to anchor with them.

Kills were mainly unobserved entry's or deaths while trying to ditch from my perspective.

The normal bomber squads did a good job of getting in there and mixing things up in the stuka's.....

<S> and hopefully next frame will be as fun:)

Post subject: Re: Frame 3 FG
PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2016 6:04 am 

Just thank goodness the "Fokker" frame is history. :D it was quite "Fokkered Up" in my opinion. :)

Outside of Juice I don't of anyone who "enjoyed" flying the half a bi-plane.

Back to Hurris and uber Hawks...

Oskar

PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2016 8:28 am 

=dobs= wrote:
Fun frame, lots of action....

Kills were mainly unobserved entry's or deaths while trying to ditch from my perspective.

And a great personal perspective on ditched aircraft you indeed had in Frame 3...

Please have a clear understanding that the following in not accusatory of Mr. =Dobs=, his Squadron, or any other participant in Frame 3, or an attempt to "steal" his thread,
but since you mentioned "ditches"....

From the screenie, it must be obvious that I happened to observe this particular ditch on a field under attack as I was in the tower at that airfield at the time. The aircraft landed (ditched), the pilot exited with a "safe ditch", and was immediately reported by the System as a "kill". There is every reason to believe that the aircraft was "pinged" on approach.

Earlier incidents of "ditching" resulting in "kills" were discovered as being possibly caused by some of the Tactical Fields being "further" from the main base than suspected, and the "ditch distance" was adjusted. HOWEVER, several of the pilots from our Group have continued to experience "kills" with both on-field "ditches" and "good landings". This phenom seems to occur mainly at "forward" fields that may have some action going on either there or in the close proximity when the landing occurs.

First blush reaction is that this happenstance is "unfair" to the effected pilot in that; a) he doesn't get to continue to fly after making his landing, and, b) that the pilot's score is impacted.

The simple bottom line is that somebody should get a handle on WHY this occurs and make some attempt to "fix" it.

Happy trails...
Wolf
XO 352nd Fighter Group (virtual)

PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2016 12:35 pm 

Saw the same dewolf...was surprised when the kill came across. Looked like he skidded it in, but figured maybe he hit something at the end. <S>!

PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2016 4:16 pm 

There were also a few instances of seeing aircraft blow up with no kill awarded. There were at least three reported by LF6 pilots with some seen by more than one pilot. Not sure what is going on but I hope they get it fixed.

<S>

Oberst Briar

JG51 XO

PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2016 10:52 pm 
Site Admin

ETO tac fields have various buggy spawns and sticky grass. The ditch distance probably works best with the simpler terrains without off tower spawns and long runways.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2016 12:36 am 

THREE 352nd pilots had ditch or good landing KILLS at MAF 58 in Frame 3. There is a BUG in the system. It is NOT limited to TAC fields. (See the screenie) Somebody needs to FIX this problem!

Personally, I'd get rid of flashing circles, terms like "contested" and "FEBA" and see if that had a beneficial result! Currently, their presence in S3 Events certainly isn't adding anything the players can/will use.

Happy trails...
Wolf
XO 352nd Fighter Group (virtual)

Last edited by dewolf on Wed Mar 16, 2016 1:09 am, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2016 12:51 am 

Salute! Horrido!

The CM repeating dotfile "clears" the map for all of us, so the DTF nav file we worked on all week goes poof!

It is possible to change the display of a field without using the ".mapclear" line in the DTF code. Otherwise, use basic buffer announcements and let the players play.

Gums sends...

"God in your guts, good men at your back, wings that stay on - and Tally Ho!"

PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2016 6:05 pm 

There is no question that Vulche skidded in under distress and small caliber bullet holes from Dobs and others in the 475th. I was surprised as well about the kill be awarded although I would imagine that an aircraft that is bellied in would certainly be done for quite some time if not scrapped altogether.

Search for:
New Topic Post Reply  [ 9 posts ]