All times are UTC

New Topic Post Reply  [ 36 posts ]  Go to page
 Previous << 
1, 2, 3, 4
 >> Next 
Previous topic | Next topic 
PostPosted: Sat Jul 04, 2015 3:22 am 

Sorry guys, I've been real busy fixing TS. Don't break it again.;p

I'll be doing my video the same day. Different approach however. It will be over water about 10k to keep the cut scenes consistent. All participants will be in one large group flying West. Bombers will form the main formation while fighters position themselves in finger 4s though out the group. I will be wanting the group to vary altitudes by a small margin to get the effect I'm looking for. Once everybody is in formation they can lock in autopilot and got eat supper. I'll use cmeye to get the shots I'm looking to get. A few of you will be asked to turn on your acmcams. Once the group is in position I will tell you who I need as acmcam. I'm thinking Fighter group CO's could pull along side the 4th 4man and give a wing salute one at a time and then return to the main body. After that it will not be necessary for you to do anything else, just let it run. Only the 4man 4th will be required to remain active. Thanks all.

Forgot to mention, once the group is pretty much in position, if you are warping I will ask you to stand down for obvious reasons. Nobody will know you were not present as all icons will be removed post production.

Lt Col Kelly "Screaming Alpha"
Virtual 4th Fighter Group

PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2015 10:08 pm 

All here is the dtf file we will be using for practice and the event - someone will call roll for each squad - we have people timing the rides now.

Thanks again everyone!

Attachments:
pappyb.dtf [843 Bytes]
Downloaded 366 times

=weis=
8th FG CO
PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2015 11:06 pm 

^^^
This .dtf file does "run". It has a flashing "IP" symbol. The .dtf comes up for about 10-15 seconds and then disappears. To get it back up one must enter the "dotfile" info again, then you get it for another 10-15 seconds. :(

Happy trails...
Wolf
XO 352nd Fighter Group (virtual)

Last edited by dewolf on Wed Jul 08, 2015 5:06 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 08, 2015 1:06 am 

Due to RL 77 can't make practices as a unified squad, but intend to make the real deal. We will get route notes from sister squads in LF 6.

Please note LF 6 are 3 separate entities and would like to pay our respects as such, though we form and operate as a unified command in most cases.

<S>
Zinhwk

HADES Flight
475th FG (v)
zinhwk@fly-jg77.com

Windows 10.1
AMD A10 6800K Black Edition (OC 4.2Ghz)
16 GB DDR3
GeForce GTX 770Ti
1TB SATA Western Digital "Blue" HDD
24" LG LED 1080p
CH Controls

PostPosted: Wed Jul 08, 2015 6:43 am 

Attachment:
pappyb.dtf [824 Bytes]
Downloaded 386 times

Blink removed, route disappear problem fixed.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 08, 2015 3:13 pm 

I was testing out the cmeye today and came across a problem that needs to be addressed.
All videos that I have recorded with acmcam while running cmeye will not play back. They appear in the acmcam archive, but when selected you just go back to the splash screen.
Can anybody else verify this? I'm sending wldbil an email now.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 08, 2015 4:25 pm 

Kelly do you have action! or an Nvidia video card? If so, you can do the recording in CMEYE Mode in that, and then patch in the other ACMcam vids....

PostPosted: Wed Jul 08, 2015 4:28 pm 

I guess I can use FRAPS or ShadowPlay. I'll test and see if I can get the effect I'm looking for.

EDIT: Can't use ShadowPlay because I run WB in windowed mode. FRAPS will suffice. I usually use FRAPS to edit acmcam footage anyway. I just have to make certain that every HUD, icon, and menu item is turned off prior to recording the cmeye footage.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 08, 2015 7:34 pm 

I'm not the expert but from what I can tell, ACM only records "internet data" based on front end. The way I look at it is it takes radar pictures (like the modern system with plane type, altitude, direction, the data bits). It then takes the data and plays it back with your FE resources. It is in no way a video recorder, hence the stutter. When you are in CMEYE you are not flying anything so it is probably confused as to what data it is recording or doesn't record anything. ACM is an awful system IMO that should be addressed for modern gamers.

<S>
Zinhwk

HADES Flight
475th FG (v)
zinhwk@fly-jg77.com

Windows 10.1
AMD A10 6800K Black Edition (OC 4.2Ghz)
16 GB DDR3
GeForce GTX 770Ti
1TB SATA Western Digital "Blue" HDD
24" LG LED 1080p
CH Controls

Last edited by zinhwk on Wed Jul 08, 2015 10:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 08, 2015 7:48 pm 

zinhwk wrote:
I'm not the expert but from what I can tell, ACM only records "internet data" based on front end. The way I look at it is it takes radar pictures (like the modern system with plane type, altitude, direction, the data bits). It then takes the data and plays it back your FE resources It is in no way a video recorder, hence the stutter. When you are in CMEYE you are not flying anything so it is probably confused as to what data it is recording or doesn't record anything. ACM is an awful system IMO that should be addressed for modern gamers.

agreed

Search for:
New Topic Post Reply  [ 36 posts ]  Go to page
 Previous << 
1, 2, 3, 4
 >> Next