All times are UTC

New Topic Post Reply  [ 53 posts ]  Go to page
 Previous << 
1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
 >> Next 
Previous topic | Next topic 
 Post subject: Re: WWII Arena
PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2014 6:14 pm 

The scoring system will have to be modified to accommodate bombr's suggestion of having 2nd and 1st Lts in the Main. Meaning most of us would make Captain instantly. That is something that others will have to figure out. I personally do not care about scores or ranks. Trying to keep a streak takes the fun out of casual flying. The point is, we feel the newer members would be better off in an arena where they fly against others of the same skill level. We want to be fair to the new guys as well as the veteran simmers. If they want to fly the harder WWII arena nobody is going to tell them they can't, but they have to follow the rules. The rules say you have to be in a squad, either full time or as a guest. This will entice new members who have never considered joining a squad, to do so. Bigger squad mean better S3's. I do not have all the answers, but I want to see this succeed for the entire community.
Initially its going to be trial and error. We'll figure out what works and what doesn't.

Lt Col Kelly "Screaming Alpha"
Virtual 4th Fighter Group

PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2014 6:21 pm 

Furnac wrote:
Can someone please elaborate on the style of gameplay present in the WWII arena?
As I understand it, S3 settings mean: each side has a specific ride and specific targets but can you re-spawn when you're killed?

I believe this is closer to what my goals are in WBs rather than the gameplay in the main...

Thank you!
<S>

Definitely respawn. Whether there should be a 2 minute (more or less) delay after death, or an immediate respawn as in the Main, will be decided by the Group CO's. I am not opposed to a delay in the respawn, such a feature would keep everybody flying smart as in the S3. It will also quell suicide runs.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2014 6:50 pm 

it might be a good idea to come up with a basic overview for the events that night/week/month....
Say... action between these bases...or a slightly larger area rather than just searching for where the fighting is because the radar range is smaller. an objective that could be reset often rather than a large battlefield.
Guess it all depends on the numbers involved.

coolon
4th Fighter Group

formerly: -=Night Stalkers=- | 44th FS Vampires | Widowmakers

PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2014 7:04 pm 

So the main can continue to be the 24/7 arena and the WWII arena will be used for "squad nights". right?

dstar- in game
100th FBG the "HAZE"
CH Controls

PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2014 7:21 pm 

just a check and report on current ww2 arena settings.
killshooter is off
protect structure is off
donut dar is on with a 10 mile max range and 2 mile min range ( means you have inflight dar from 2 mile to 10 mile away from you)
axis allied spilt in airplanes, may not have a full compliment of airplanes.
1 ai ( I fixed several that had more than 1)
same weapons, object and plane damage files that are in s3 and main arena.
No ships or cv groups ( you want some?)
rebuild time is 1 hour.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2014 7:54 pm 

The only way this is going to work is if the Main Arena is left completely alone. Do not make any changes there that are going to cripple it or restrict access to it in any way. Make the WWII arena more attractive to make people want to migrate to it. Anything else is just going to create bad blood and further fracture the community.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2014 8:52 pm 

Just my 2 cents
I think you guys are surrendering to the Main arena and saying they win and you don't know how to cope with what they are doing, and if ww2 works out, it will just follow ya there. That's how the main started. We had instant action, we created the main, made it harder etc, and they just followed us in....
don't throw rocks at me...Im just pointing out that we have been thru this exercise before.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2014 9:02 pm 

=vslp= wrote:
just a check and report on current ww2 arena settings.
killshooter is off
protect structure is off
donut dar is on with a 10 mile max range and 2 mile min range ( means you have inflight dar from 2 mile to 10 mile away from you)
axis allied spilt in airplanes, may not have a full compliment of airplanes.
1 ai ( I fixed several that had more than 1)
same weapons, object and plane damage files that are in s3 and main arena.
No ships or cv groups ( you want some?)
rebuild time is 1 hour.

No donut dar. The only dar should be seen from twr. GCI will have to vector flights to targets. The twr dar should also be limited so that there will be blind spots to GCI.
We do want the ships and Cv's. As for the rebuild time, for now 1 hour is good. In the event we decide we want to run an extended series, rebuild may be adjusted to hours or days.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2014 9:05 pm 

=vslp= wrote:
Just my 2 cents
I think you guys are surrendering to the Main arena and saying they win and you don't know how to cope with what they are doing, and if ww2 works out, it will just follow ya there. That's how the main started. We had instant action, we created the main, made it harder etc, and they just followed us in....
don't throw rocks at me...Im just pointing out that we have been thru this exercise before.

Not surrendering at all. We are allowing the gamers to play an arcade style Warbirds while allowing the rest to take a more serious approach to the sim side.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2014 9:10 pm 

Cope with taliban bombers, pissing and moaning, name calling and accusations on 100, and guys who don't realize Ramming isn't a valid tactic.... I can cope with it..have been....but moving to a low icon environment, squad based is obviously appealing to quite a few of us. We can leave the guys who like to bomb and capture fields with no opposition to bombing and capturing fields with no opposition. I missed the memo on the transition of the game from a flight sim to Risk!

Unused arena, set it up and "Let us to battle!"

I hear ya Sleepy....but guys need a change it seems.

Dobs

Search for:
New Topic Post Reply  [ 53 posts ]  Go to page
 Previous << 
1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
 >> Next