View unanswered posts View active topics  

Delete all board cookies

All times are UTC

New Topic Post Reply  [ 19 posts ]  Go to page
 Previous << 
1, 2
Previous topic | Next topic 
PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2015 1:37 pm 

And me...94ish time frame....but I did take a Hiatus from like 04 to 10 :)

Dobs

PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2015 11:15 pm 

Excellent marketing guys. If this sim hits Steam, numbers are probably going to double or more :-).
One error I found is it says "Free to play" in the description, although it requires a monthly subscription for online play.

/Robert
4h FG

PostPosted: Sat Feb 21, 2015 1:20 am 

There is a new limited free play account. Free accounts have access to S3 planes, and basic aircraft/GVs for MA use. Get people in the door, they pay money to enjoy the full blown thing.

But this all kinda puts the whip on volunteers, especially artwork. Not gonna keep them double numbers when they be saying "They call this a Wellington?". Especially when War Thunder is right there sittin pretty and fully free (despite poopy gameplay).

<S>
Zinhwk

HADES Flight
475th FG (v)
zinhwk@fly-jg77.com

Windows 10.1
AMD A10 6800K Black Edition (OC 4.2Ghz)
16 GB DDR3
GeForce GTX 770Ti
1TB SATA Western Digital "Blue" HDD
24" LG LED 1080p
CH Controls

PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2015 4:32 pm 

I came across an interesting article....http://kotaku.com/a-quake-tournament-wh ... Socialflow

some parallels to warbirds maybe.

Was there ever LAN competition in warbirds? I heard that LAN functionality was removed many years ago b/c some one exploited it overseas, if true that is a damn shame. It would be the only way to have a true skills competition or tournament sans lag.

There does seem to be a bit of a trend in gamers going back to old school Stalwarts. A whole new (very large) generation may actually want to reconnect with the first wave of MMPG or whatever its classified as. this steam thing is pretty cool id say

dstar- in game
100th FBG the "HAZE"
CH Controls

PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2015 1:56 pm 

Working on live streaming on Twitch TV. Here is my channel:

http://www.twitch.tv/dobs_475thfg/

The ien_stream hosts me..so you can watch them and still see my stream (think of it as buy one get 1 free).

http://www.twitch.tv/ien_totalsims

But if I'm not online (only playing usually primetime US evenings, you can watch previous streams by clicking on the channel name under the Warbirds 2015 Main Arena Play.

Attachment:
TwitchTV.JPG
TwitchTV.JPG [ 17.64 KiB | Viewed 15506 times ]

The purple text takes you to the video's.

Go, follow, watch...don't care if you just start the video and then stop....the more watches and follows the higher the chances of getting the stream more visible.

Its not about me..its about growing the game.

If you have the bandwidth to live stream and would like to, let me know and I'll add you as a contributor to the page. You just need to ensure someone isn't live streaming as well.

Dobs

PostPosted: Sun Mar 01, 2015 2:07 pm 

=dobs= wrote:
Apologize up front to the Forum Gods--

From our CEO: All WarBirds Enthusiasts and Players. Please go to this link and say something about what you think about WarBirds. We need to get this Greenlight on Steam so we can get more players into WarBirds. This will enable tens of thousands of potential new players to come try WarBirds. Thanks in Advance! Salute!

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/f ... =393457408

Hey Dobs, I got my account and was viewing the forum, however, I couldn't find any way to make a comment :?:

Nice Twitching there Dobs. :D

CO Beaver
RCAF 417 (II/Wing 127)
City of Windsor

PostPosted: Thu Mar 12, 2015 2:23 am 

Beaver wrote:
Hey Dobs, I got my account and was viewing the forum, however, I couldn't find any way to make a comment :?:

Did the same as beaver and got this when I tried to vote yes.

Your account does not have sufficient privileges to perform this action. To access all features of Steam, simply purchase a game from the Steam store, redeem a Gift on Steam, complete a microtransaction, or activate a retail game on Steam.

Would love to vote, but can't.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 12, 2015 1:18 pm 

ugh...had steam since my son has several games which are on it.

Hate that you can't create a steam account and vote..gotta buy something as well.

Bummer, but thanks for the effort.

Dobs

Zin--we can't compete with the pretty graphics in War Thunder....they have new graphics, newer game engine, and the poopy game play may be what brings people over to WBs. But who knows....

PostPosted: Fri Mar 13, 2015 12:05 pm 

O contrare. If we actually FINISH something, WB could compete. Instead we have broken models, frankly, shitty use of skin mapping, bad cockpits, a dozen or so stand ins with an infuriating GUI. Lets not even talk about dot commanding every gdam thing. I think the current engine is still quite usable if more attention to detail (possible without a million polygons) is done. It also makes good gaming available to new people without a mega-puter.

It's the "fully modeled" tag line I have issues with, and first time players will too. Fortunately we have a crew on that now.

<S>
Zinhwk

HADES Flight
475th FG (v)
zinhwk@fly-jg77.com

Windows 10.1
AMD A10 6800K Black Edition (OC 4.2Ghz)
16 GB DDR3
GeForce GTX 770Ti
1TB SATA Western Digital "Blue" HDD
24" LG LED 1080p
CH Controls