View unanswered posts View active topics  

Delete all board cookies

All times are UTC

New Topic Post Reply  [ 17 posts ]  Go to page
 Previous << 
1, 2
Previous topic | Next topic 
PostPosted: Thu Jul 09, 2015 5:32 pm 

If your recording for me or for Weis, things you need to do.

ctrl h to get rid of the HUD

/.hideradiomessages to get rid of radio bar

also click the small arrow at the bottom right of you screen to get rid of the menu bar.

This only applies if you are using Fraps or other recording device. ACMCAM recordings can be cleaned up post processing.

Lt Col Kelly "Screaming Alpha"
Virtual 4th Fighter Group

PostPosted: Sat Jul 11, 2015 11:11 pm 

Kelly wrote:
Sakai wrote:
Nice vid of the practice, Kelly.

I would greatly appreciate a script of some sort for the next practice. The script should include how you envision the flight order, speed, altitude, WPs and ground ops including the roll-out.

I have always wanted to do an 'Airshow' routine a-la "Tora Tora Tora" if you've ever seen their production. Very much scripted patterns.

Enjoyed it and cannot wait for the next practice and our live show. I think Pappy would be proud to say he is a part of our community.

The script will have to come from Weis or Bombr. The practice was not my show. My plan is to be 5k heading East to West in a straight line. bombers will dictate speed as they are slower.
Squads will form up without overlapping. If your warping I will ask you to drop out. The 4th will be above and forward or rear of main group. I may try both. In either case, no turns, so keeping in formation will be easy for all. I will need access to the OFFTIME command so that the evening sun will be low on the horizon. All 4th should run acmcams, several will be positioned thru out the formation as needed.

Where do you want the sun? Warbirds has real positioning of astronomical bodies so we have some latitude in positioning it on the horizon. I am willing to work that out for you and script it so it happens automatically. Some clouds for effect might be nice as well

PostPosted: Sat Jul 11, 2015 11:17 pm 

Thanks Dawger, It doesn't really matter as with acmcam recordings, time of day and cloud cover can be adjusted post processing.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 11, 2015 11:29 pm 

Kelly wrote:
Thanks Dawger, It doesn't really matter as with acmcam recordings, time of day and cloud cover can be adjusted post processing.

I just played with it in the arena for the event

June 22 at 19:00 hours puts the sun low on the horizon behind the aircraft coming down the final.

December 22 at 16:20 puts it right on the water 90 degrees off the runway heading but its pretty dark that low.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 11, 2015 11:45 pm 

Dawger....are the commands you (and Jabo) use to set date and time something we can do offline?

If so, I would appreciate it if you could post the commands and variables for our use.

~S~
~Sakai - 坂井
daimyosakai@gmail.com
Tainan Kokutai - 台南

Akatombo | White 576 | Curtiss AVG

PostPosted: Sun Jul 12, 2015 1:37 pm 

Sakai wrote:
Dawger....are the commands you (and Jabo) use to set date and time something we can do offline?

If so, I would appreciate it if you could post the commands and variables for our use.

I don't think they work offline.

.offtime <HH> <MM> <RATE> seems to work OFFLINE to set the time except the rate doesn't make the earth rotate as it should

ONLINE (If you have arena privileges) .gamedate <MM> <DD> <YY> sets the date. I use this in historical events although no one really cares but it does position the Sun, Moon, and Stars correctly for the date.

ONLINE .time <HH> <MM> <RATE> sets the current time

I always set the rate to zero and use a script to advance the sun through the sky. This is to avoid a long night period. I don't know if the rate actually still works online. It used to a long time ago but at some point it was shut off in the code. I doubt it has been restored since it doesn't work with .offtime.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 12, 2015 3:38 pm 

I use offtime command offline. Best evening sun is 19 30 00, best morning sun is 04 22 00. Unfortunately the sun does not gently set, it jumps. So at 19 30 00 the sun would be at position angle 3 above the horizon, its next position is below the horizon. I have never gotten the sun to set on water.

Search for:
New Topic Post Reply  [ 17 posts ]  Go to page
 Previous << 
1, 2